hai! im jay (he/him) and im new here! im originally from* nc, but live out in colorado now!

i've liked mercreatures literally since i was an infant, and i really luckily got to grow up in the golden age of mers (h2o, slm, early tailmaking companies getting their start) which only fostered my interest Even More. then i got Gender Dysphoria:tm: and didn't let myself indulge in my interests out of embarrassment and fear of what other ppl would think of me for like 10 years ghfbh But! im here now and eager to be a Part of a Community now that im no longer a literal child or extremely self conscious fhbghd

im rly interested in both aspects of tail-making/designing (working rn on making a 2.0 version of a tail i made 10 years ago when i was 12) and also old mermedia since it was a whole Cultural Phenomenon And Moment and i was/am rly into args and lost media for a while there

aside from my old homemade tail, i also have an old aqua supertail from mermagica (altho i haven't used either in a very very long time (plus they were both made for the finis wave which i quickly outgrew and swapped for a finis rapid so the fin portion doesn't rly fit the fin, at the time i used to jst shove the fin in there anyways but given how old both the fin and skins are now id be afraid of damaging either further doing this again))

soooo ya! see yall ��