Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mermaids Swim-Along

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Miel's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Miel's Youtube Channel

Mermaids Swim-Along

A Swim-Along is an Informal Mermaid party. It is not a paid-for pool party so there is no free entry, but the idea is for a meet and greet for the mermaids in the area of all ages.

This is an Open Invite to any mermaids who are in Adelaide in June.
    ~
    Mermaids Swim-Along

When: Sunday, 3rd of June 2012
    Time: from 2:00pm onwards
    Where: Adelaide Aquatic Centre, Jeffcott Road, North Adelaide.
    Meeting in the shallow lap pool left of entry until 2:20pm. After that we might switch pools depending on who and how many show up.

Be sure to Bring: Cossie, Towels, Money for entry and Kiosk and (if you have one) your Mermaid tail or Monofin/Flippers.

I have an Underwater Camera and will be filming/taking photos on the day; Feel free to contact me if you have any photo-queries.
    Please post to register interest as I would really love to know who and how many are coming so I have enough mer-party-bags.
    ~

I thought I would add this here as this is another meet!

When: Sunday, 26th of August
    Time: from 2:00pm onwards

Meet out the foyer entrance

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Sahyris's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, what sort of attendance did you get for these past two events? Adelaide is still a long way away from me, but it's closer than the Eastern capitals. If I ever found myself on that side of the country, it would be cool to meet up and go swimming

Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    I wish there was one in Melbourne or Geelong in Victoria!!!

The last meet we had 7 mermaids! It was wonderful! I'd love to make an 'Australian Mermaid Meet' one time, but plane flights are so darn expensive X3

Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    Wow! That'd be awesome Yeah plane tickets are expensive, but it probably depends on which airline you take. (Jetstar being the cheapest, I think).

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    id love to go to one! there are so few australian mermaids compared to the Us
    but im proud that hannah fraser is aussie!!!
    anyone live in nsw? id love to meet up! i have told my cousins about mermaids, and i have 4 new people who will soon have tails too, three cousins and my brother !!!
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    id love to go to one! there are so few australian mermaids compared to the Us
    but im proud that hannah fraser is aussie!!!
    anyone live in nsw? id love to meet up! i have told my cousins about mermaids, and i have 4 new people who will soon have tails too, three cousins and my brother !!!
    Are any of these NSW cuz that might help if you organize one or find one here http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdis...Pod-of-Oceania not sure if you saw that page but you probably did xx
    *Diamonds R a Mers Best friend*

Hi everyone as you can see I'm fairly green/new I'd love to goto an Adelaide meet up some time (if I can get baby sitting that day ps tues and Fri's are usually good if i can get home in time for pic ups from school) lol.
    or weekend perhaps.
    yea I am currently having a tail made and should be having my monofin paid for tomorrow so I'm really excited. xx
    *Diamonds R a Mers Best friend*

Next Adelaide mermaid meet up is on February the 2nd (Saturday) at the Adelaide Aquatic Center! 12.30 til whenever!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    though i would chip in here,

looking to organize a Melbourne swim along, it would probably be in the outer eastern suburbs
    (if that is too hard for everyone to get to we can look to moving it)
    during the end part of Feb -

at either the croydon memorial swimming pool (outside so bring the le tan!) an Olympic sized pool and a beginners pool, the benefit of this is, if we have enough people coming then we might be able to book the pool out for a swimming carnival. i think we would have to round up a fair few mers for that though, the other side is a lot of children and teenagers swim there so if you're not confident or don't know how to interact with inquisitive children, it might be a no go.

or possibly aqua link nunawading/forest hill, it has a large cold water pool and a very cute waist height pool with a few waterfall stations, a piranha bubble field and a large rain cloud that i have yet to see running but have been assured is turned on when they can be bothered, i have swum there in afternoons and the only other people there are 40 or so elderly Japanese guys crammed into the hot tub (they're really funny and had a great time laughing at me faceplanting during my first swim. i will have to call and see if they would be okay with us coming, as i have only been there by myself and i dont know how they would feel about an invasion of the fish folk.

other choices are: kilsyth pool, it has a lovely warm water rock pool and a HUGE cold water pool with large play area, http://www.kilsythcp.com.au/
    knox leasureworks, i have not been there but they have an inside and outside pool http://www.knox.ymca.org.au/discover...ics/pools.html

just wanted to know what kind of attendance we would be looking at.

Hi, another Mermaid Swim-along coming up! (I always forget to post about them here. I usually organise them via Facebook Events)

When: Saturday, 30th of August
    Time: from 12:30pm onwards

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    One day I'll have the free time to come down and see all of you Adelaide mers! There's a woeful lack of mermaids up here on the beaches xD

The next Adelaide Mermaid Swim-Along is on November the 2nd, First Saturday of the Month, from 12noon till whenever. At the Adelaide Aquatic Centre, Jeffcott Road, North Adelaide,

We are usually found in the deep Dive Pool until 2-2:30pm then we switch to warmer pools.

Any Interstate Mermaids wanting to attend are VERY welcome.

Also, if any of you Mermaids know someone willing to be a Mertender for the next event that would be great! It become blindingly obvious that we need someone there who can tell kids NO, as they wouldn't listen to me. (and the parents were too busy chatting to even watch their kids swim. :/ )

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    ohh...Why are they always on when something else is :'( -sadmer-
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    okay, i want to come to one of these mermeets, i will have to check finances but in the first few months of 2014 i will come. my merhandler will be a perfect group merhandler, he doesnt like to swim, he is very strong, though he is short and skinny (im a big gal and he can pick me up) and kids are mesmerised by him, he can command a group of kids like noones business, he has also managed game stores and rounded up lil folk to not decimate the store. he has an active police check so hes not dodgy, and i have a working with childrens check so i can help out too

Hi everyone!
    Sorry for the short notice, we have an event on Facebook for the next meet which is THIS Saturday! (The 22nd!) At the North Adelaide Aquatic Centre, 12.30pm
    I hope anyone who hasn't seen the Facebook event can see this and come along! XD

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Narina View Post
    I'm in NSW but I live on the Central Coast. There is another mer living in Newcastle I think, last time I checked the member map.

I'm always forgetting to post here... :/
    But this next mermaid-meet in August is going to be Big and I would love to have as many interstate mermaids as possible!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/312418725549558/

more about this in a separate post...

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I would love to go... Really really! But I got myself a casual job, started this morning, and we're not allowed to take sudden holidays. If there was one near or during Christmas, I'll definitely go. It would be great to meet all the Aussie mers and maybe one of you can teach me properly how to swim! I always forget when I'm at the pool trying to remember youtube videos...