Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weeki Wachi Mermaids

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Thanks for sharing Marla! I sent you a PM

Thanks Marla it was good to get that information. It still is poopy that the girls are paid low because of the state's mercy. But what a beautiful place and amazing girls. Still blows my mind that Mermaid Kaylee is from near my hometown.

Ok, I am no expert about Weeki Wachee, but I did recently go to mermaid camp there. The ladies who go are given fabric tails to use. I rather liked them. For us, it was just a matter of getting used to being in the tails. I have seen the mermaids model in their calendars in fancy tails - much fancier than the ones that they perform in. They may sit and visit with silicone tails, as well, but I am not sure. I do know one thing - they have to get in and out of those tails quite quickly. I watched them do it. Some of the tails have zippers, but we were told that the camper tails do not have them because of cost. Weeki Wachee is really out in the middle of nowhere. I actually had to do some driving to find somewhere to eat dinner. There have been times that the park was about to close, but fortunately, it does stay in business. The Mermaids who taught us in camp are retired mermaids who do not get paid. They do it for fun.

As for the hoses, I really couldn't answer that, but I know that the spring is deep. Those mermaids and princes perform 1/2 hour shows. They also blow neat bubbles and stuff with the hoses. I never got to use one, but it is amazing how the hoses are special for different parts of the spring. A lot really goes into it.

Anyway, I wish that I could answer your questions about Weeki Wachee, but I don't know how well I did. There are a couple of books on Weeki Wachee and underwater photography that I found at my library. They are also on Amazon.com. They are worth looking into for the history of the air hoses.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    well this thread is about 3 years old and we've since had weeki mermaids come and chat with us along with various articles published.

I'm new!
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Sorry.