Thread: Apps For Mermaids

Apps For Mermaids

I was thinking today that of mermaids has iphone access they should have some of these apps! Maybe add a few if you want

Seafood Watch
    Most mermaids love seafood! Now you can know which choices should be avoided for the sake of the environment.

Simple Tides
    An app that tells you the tides at tide stations you choose. Perfect for shelling and diving!

Sea HD
    An app that shows lots of clear wildlife footage.

Period Tracker
    Know when to swim and when to avoid swimming!

Dive Log
    A dive log for your iphone. Not the best to use as your primary log but has some nice features.

There should also be an app for MerNetwork! I was thinking of developing one, since that's primarily how I'm able to post so often on here, but my other clients keep on getting in the way. Also I have a Droid Bionic.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    There should also be an app for MerNetwork! I was thinking of developing one, since that's primarily how I'm able to post so often on here, but my other clients keep on getting in the way. Also I have a Droid Bionic.
    That would be amazing, and it's awesome of you to suggest it, but we don't have the money to pay for web development, and I would never a designer/developer/coder by having them work for no money.

Also, if we could spend some money toward making the forum more usable on mobile devices, vBulletin actually sells a mobile suite for making app versions of an vBulletin site. It's likely we'd use that. That isn't meant as a slight to your coding abilities. I just think the vBulletin mobile suite has the advantage of a much larger development team, access to everything they need to integrate into vBulletin's other products, and a several year head start.

If somehow we end up considering an app for mobile devices, custom made or based on vBulletin's mobile suite, we'll definitely talk to you first, Spindrift. Also, if you ever wanted to make some kind of app for mermaids that has a list of guides or links or tailmakers or something, we'd be happy to give you an information we could on that stuff.

Love the idea for a mernetwork app, I actually have some of the stated apps already but I think I might go ahead and download some of the others as well.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Would it be possible to just make a mobile site instead? The site actually looks and works pretty well on my droid, but a dedicated mobile site would satisfy me as much as an app.

A mobile site would be nice

Not so sure if this is exactly Jer-related but I like the moon app just to keep track when in the lunar cycle we are on
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    That's pretty cool. Have you tried any of the sky map apps? They are great. Recently, I've been really into astronomy. An interactive sky map is really neat.

Google Sky

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    this is so great. I have a bberry though so I cant get most of em >.> I'd like an iphone but I CANT handle the screen keyboards instead of the real ones. I've tried

Yeah I think you're right, malinghi. Getting a mobile version of the forums is a good idea though. But I think that's something vBulletin would also have to provide, since the code would need to have access to their databases.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Two things-
    First, this is a good discussion and I definitely want to hear more input on this. Right now we can't really afford the mobile suite, but since mobile devices are representing an increasingly large share or internet traffic, its something that would definitely be good to have in the future. The major limitation is the cost, which is something I don't really like talking about cause I don't like hitting everyone up for money. It would be cool to raise some funds for the site though. To do that, the major options that come to mind is to collect donations, or to incorporate google ads into the site, or both. There's also the cafepress store, which isn't like donations since you do get something in exchange, but most of the profit goes to cafepress. I'd definitely like feedback on this. If you don't feel you can donate money you can talk openly about that. I won't be offended or anything, and I'd rather have candid, honest info.

Second, if anyone here wan't to get involved in making some cool apps, have you guys heard of the International Space Apps Challenge? Its an event over the weekend of Earth day where people all over the world and in the ISS will collaborate on a bunch of cool challenges that relate to space and earth sciences. All the challenges are so awesome. I might try to participate even though I can't program. Seriously check it out you guys: http://spaceappschallenge.org

I came across this today, and want to pass it on.

Four Apps for Ocean Lovers
    http://caseagrantnews.org/2013/04/22...-ocean-lovers/

I found Seafood Watch and California Tidepools on the Android Market/Google Play.

If you want to create an app, search for stats and insights, check the trends, ask questions on the forums, conduct a poll, or build an MVP version of your mobile app and collect all the user feedback.

Cool! You know, I recently thought about creating an application. What can you recommend?
    Last edited by monicabellie; 09-27-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Hello, I am interested in developing apps! I think you know what a marketplace is - an online marketplace where people can find products for every taste or sell their own. You can build a marketplace website with the article on https://yellow.systems/blog/marketpl...te-development . It's a godsend for programmers! You just have to try it, someone said it's interesting and profitable.

it'd be actually cool if such apps were developed. but the niche isn't that popular

There are a lot of great people and developers out there now helping out with no code app development, and I can definitely recommend erised, who I've worked with a couple of times. It is convenient that I immediately received the terms for the development of the MVP of the product when I voiced my ideas to the developers. Other companies that I tried to work with did not give me such clear data.

Now there are a huge number of apps, and the main task of their owners is to retain users. I think that the holiday period is the best time for various promotions and great offers, which I also read about here https://adapty.io/blog/growing-mobil...day-marketing/. Using competent subscription management methods, you can not only attract new users, but also return those who previously canceled their subscription.