Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Parties information update

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod

Mermaid Parties information update

Ok guys! I've made a decision that I hope doesn't upset anyone. It's just something I have to do. I'm no longer making custom monofins. Once I start taking new orders on Monday, those tails will have store bought monofins in them. Also, I will have to raise the price $30. I know I said I wouldn't but hear me out.. Making custom monofins has been more of a pain than the help I thought it would be. There's been a lot of issues with them I've tried to fix, have succeeded at fixing so far but it's added more time and difficulty to the process. I'm afraid I don't have the means to make them to their highest potential. It's also EXTREMELY difficult and time consuming to cut the lexan and build the monofin. It's part of the reason it has taken me so long to catch up on orders.
    Any ways.. So, starting Monday I will be selling tails with (store bought) monofins for $230 and if you'd like a tail to fit your own monofin, I will be selling those for $180. If you've already bought a tail from me and would like me to send it to you without one of my monofins, I will refund you $20. If you would still like your tail to have one of my monofins, and find down the road you're having issues with it, I will also refund you $20. Please forgive me everyone, I just hate sending them out when I know they could be better or that a real monofin is better but I just don't have the means I thought I did. Forgive me for being a little overzealous and over confident in the custom monofin idea. Please email or comment with any questions.
    Also, Mermaid Dottie, I know you've paid already for a custom made monofin, I will still send you one if you'd like to try it, or I will refund your money, also.
    Thanks everyone!

Stephanie
    mermaidparties@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/mermaidparties

What kind of monofins will you be using? If you're ordering them from finis (I know where I live there isn't a store ANYWHERE that sells monofins,) you can use the coupon code mermaid20 (I believe) to get a discount (I think it's 20%.)

And it's no problem that you raised the price a little. ^^ I'm still planning on buying one from you. <3

Thank you so much Syrenia! I really really appreciate that! I was gona shop around online this weekend and read some forums before I chose one, to see what people like. The additional $30 will help me cover a good quality brand So no one's getting anything cheap or poorly made

You're running a business! It's fine if you have to increase prices or change your methods.
    Honestly, it was very nice of you to even tell us, so that in itself is a very considerate gesture :')
    You make wonderful tails and whatever you decide to do I'm sure you have good reason!
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    i was expecting a price raise lol but $230 isnt at all bad and honestly i feel you when it comes to making a mono fin. around the time before came to you for my tail my brother and i were trying to make a monofin. it was an utter dister even after all the work we put into it.
    so i can get why you would be like GRRRR about the entire things sweety.
    keep up the good work casue girl you know i got like three more tail designs for you in the near furture
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Awe yay MermaidHaru! I really really didn't want to raise the prices but I really think everyone will be so much happier with they Mermaid Parties' tails with real monofins in them. I adjusted the price list on the facebook. Tails with no monofin (built around your own) are $180, tails with a standard monofin, will be $230 and if you'd like an Oceanika Merfin (they're so amazing) tails will cost $345. I'm so grateful to you guys for understanding! Thank you!!!!!

Mermaid Zaffiro just ordered an Oceanika Merfin for me to build her mermaid tail around. I can't wait to make this tail, the shapes of the Oceanika Merfins are so awesome!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I've already emailed you Steph.
    I'm so proud of you for making wise business decisions throughout this whole process, and the way you are with all of your customers is ACES.
    Do what you gotta do, sweetie. We get it!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidParties View Post
    Mermaid Zaffiro just ordered an Oceanika Merfin for me to build her mermaid tail around. I can't wait to make this tail, the shapes of the Oceanika Merfins are so awesome!
    They move really nice, too. I love mine, I just couldn't afford to get one for my friend. And then I found you!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Got it I will ship hers out right away It'll definitely be a good started fin for her. And thank you, you're so fantastic Mermaid Dottie

So are you!
    Mermaid Dottie

Senior Member Pod of Cali Nemefish's Avatar
    so what kind of mono fin are can we get inside of the tail other than the Oceanika one? can we ask for a competitor mono fin from another company or something? or what is exactly the deal?

Mermaid Dottie, I have a merfin too, and just ordered another one to have Stephanie build my tail around :-)! I am so excited!!

You can get any monofin you're willing to buy and I will gladly build you a tail around it and if you buy your own monofin, I'll need you to have it shipped to me, so I know it's dimensions and then the cost of my tail is $180. And if you want to get the Churchill fins I'll be using mainly now, the tails are $230 and will come with Churchill Fins. Mermaid Rain suggested them, she uses them and loves them. I like what I've read about them as well. They're comfortable, and don't slip off I'm willing to work with everyone though on their monofin decisions. I just can't make them any more. It's too much for my hands with the equipment I'm limited to cutting the lexan with. I don't have the means to make them to their best quality.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    that sounds totally acceptable to me, good on you for trying do hard to be custom!

As I've stated before $230 is still better then $1000 to $10,000 and perfectly reasonable. I will probably take the Churchill fins, as much as a I want a Finis monofin it's 80 bucks for my big feet :/.
    Last edited by Merman_Ryan; 05-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.

So the tails won't include monofins anymore?

Is there anyway I could reserve one of your monofins before you stop making them? I've been planning to order a tail from you in the next two weeks as soon as my paycheck comes in (as in, like.... the minute it's in my hands, lol) and I really love what I've seen of the monofins you make.
    Last edited by MermaidRaegan; 05-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.

I am glad you are doing what you can to keep up with the tails. I have quite a few ideas to shoot at you as well in the future.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

No, they'll still have fins in them, just not made by me. I'm selling them with Churchill fins for $230 and they will be fused together to make a monofin, highly recommended by a couple people or I can make a tail for $180 to fit a monofin you have or are looking to buy.

I'm planning on getting my mermate a Mermaid Parties tail for her birthday in a couple of months. She's a good swimmer, but, like me, she's over fifty, plus-sized and has arthritic knees. Her swimming style is going to be rather leisurely, i'd say. Also, because of our location, 90% or more of our swimming is in public pools or lakes.

Would you reccommend the churchill fins that come with the tail, or some other type of monofin? How far in advance should I order to get the tail sometime close to her birthday?
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift