Thread: MER-PALOOZA

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

MER-PALOOZA

tell me what you all think so far and what events you all would like to see at mer-palooza

• August 10 at 11:00am until August 13 at 12:00pm
    • DO NOT MISS THIS FANTASTIC MERMAID EVENT!

*Watch out... The Pirates have heard about this... and they're coming, ready to party!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW - THEY ARE LIMITED!

The event is multi-faceted. You can attend part or all over three days, whatever you wish!

Friday night, it's chilling around the pool in an unstructured way. Mer enthusiasts get to casually network, share tails and ideas, etc.

Saturday is the International Mermaid Pageant, silent auction to benefit Make A Wish, International Trade Show, etc.

Saturday evening features the barbecue and pool party, featuring TERRIFIC entertainment and the International Mermaid Awards presentation. *This is the night Pirates will also invade - So guard your Booty!

Sunday is the first-ever Mermaid Olympics, another party full of Olympic level games and fun in the pool!

This is an "all ages" event dedicated to and celebrating Mermaids and Mermen from around the world! This is the first TRUE Mermaid Convention (in traditional Convention format) and Trade Show, including the wonderful International Mermaid Awards presentation, the International Mermaid Pageant and, of course, the Mer-Palooza Pool Party!

*Especially during the daytime Event/Trade Show/Pageant/Contests - Kids are welcome and encouraged to attend!

The Saturday evening party will be an "all-swim" FEAST FOR THE EYES. Here's your chance to splash! *Please be advised that alcoholic beverages will be served at the evening pool party.

This is going to be the biggest Mer Party ever!

Our event is being held at the fabulous INTERNATIONAL PALMS RESORT AND CONFERENCE CENTER. This location is awesome, priced great (to make staying over easy) and features a picturesque pool with large waterfall/rock wall!

Tickets are $20 for kids and $30 for adults. Rooms are available in our room block for $79.00. Just mention Mer-Palooza!

Interested in being a vendor at the Trade Show/Convention? Call today! Get your tickets now athttp://mer-palooza.com/.

Please visit the site often! We have a TON of fun activities planned, as well as a TON of opportunities to just chill out and realx with other Mer's!

For more info, call 813-892-5502. Swim with you soon!

International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando FL
    6515 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819

View Map · Get Directions

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    This sounds like so much fun! I would love to know the Mernetwork's head count of who's going. If it seems like it could be a good turn out. I'll definitely consider going.

I think I'll be in the area around the same time. I'll show up with my tail if my schedule works out. For the people from MerNetwork that are going, do you want to wear something to identify ourselves to each other? For example, buying a MerNetwork pin or tying a specific color of ribbon to our wrist (when not in tail)?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

On the site when you go to buy tickets, it has two separate sections for the party and for the trade show, making it a total of $40, is this correct? Also, is it possible to buy tickets at the door, or do they need to be purchased online?

If I'm in town during that time, I mig go for sat and sun. Hope I can make it! But wait, can tickets be bought at the door?!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Stone View Post
    If I'm in town during that time, I mig go for sat and sun. Hope I can make it! But wait, can tickets be bought at the door?!
    I would also like to know if tickets can be bought at the door

I should be able to be there Sat. Maybe I can find some blue ribbon...Also, when I called they told me that tickets for the trade show will be available at the door, but the party has a limited number so it will probably be sold out.
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

just heard that this is the old mer-con! i thought it was like a fairy renaissance week end! didnt realize it was the big thing... im so sad i cant go for this year.. next year for sure!

Oh man, I don't think I'll be able to go after all. T_T
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/