Thread: Archive: "Mermagica review:"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Archive: "Mermagica review:"

This is an archived thread that was originally posted on mer.yuku.com, the predecessor to MerNetwork. For more information about mer.yuku.com, click here.

VladmyrJV

03/13/10 04:43:38
    Alrighty. So, here is me in my tail from mermagica.

For the money I spent on this tail, which was only 135+ shipping, I'm impressed. I've yet to swim in it, but it came with a finis monofin already inside, and it was the perfect custom fit for me. And for just $75 dollars, I can replace the entire skin on the tail. If you already have a monofin, and just want a flashy new tail without sewing your own, (I'm horrible with sewing >.<) I highly recommend getting one of these.

My one complaint would be this: A zipper wasn't added, so I can't take the monofin she gave me out of this tail... which makes me sad, because I think I need to adjust the straps inside it... But that's something that you can fix at home, and honestly, I'm not thinking of taking this monofin out, until I've used my tail for the first time.

I would definitely order from them again. Check out their site. Shipping is fast, the tail is good quality, and fairly cheap. Also, in the water, you tend to shine. The glittery shine makes it look more like scales, which is delightful. Kids tails are also available. Make it a family affair!

Much love,
    JV
    malinghi

03/13/10 11:45:50
    How narrow is the narrowest part? Cause according to this youtube video the tempo monofin is flexible enough to be rolled up and removed from a tail.

Freckled Kisses

03/16/10 02:15:34
    OKay. Yes, the tempo monofin is rather flexible but keep pulling that thing in and out of the tail and there will be some permanent bending in your monofin which really brings down the power of the kind of push you get from swimming in it. Maybe even cracking, I dunno, I stopped before it got that far.
    Winged Mermaid

03/16/10 12:02:50
    True I wouldn't do that constantly to switch between many tails as a precaution to that kind of thing, but the material seems stable enough. I know people had issues with the rubber for the feet and strap cracking on them, but I think that's more a point of washing of the fin with fresh water each time after use. Chemicals in pools are rough- I'm surprised the vast majority of pools has not switched to a more safe alternative to chlorine yet.

Freckled Kisses wrote:

OKay. Yes, the tempo monofin is rather flexible but keep pulling that thing in and out of the tail and there will be some permanent bending in your monofin which really brings down the power of the kind of push you get from swimming in it. Maybe even cracking, I dunno, I stopped before it got that far.
    VladmyrJV

03/16/10 14:30:23
    I feel like that might take a while, and I also think it'd be dangerous for the fin. But Good suggestion. I might just take out the seam later.
    MermaidKeela

05/04/10 20:30:18
    I have the exact same Mermagica tail, the aqua blue one that you have. I just love the Mermagica tail, It's a great swimming tail and I love how it glitters in the water. The price is good too considering it comes with a monofin. I think its pretty good for pictures too. They also sent some free stickers, and, well I just like added freebies lol.
    VladmyrJV

05/05/10 18:25:44
    MermaidKeela wrote:
    I have the exact same Mermagica tail, the aqua blue one that you have. I just love the Mermagica tail, It's a great swimming tail and I love how it glitters in the water. The price is good too considering it comes with a monofin. I think its pretty good for pictures too. They also sent some free stickers, and, well I just like added freebies lol.
    I LOVE IT!!! I wish I had a few places to actually swim, or people to swim with.

Might be nice to get some fabric paints and touch it up a bit.... or paint on a whole new "fish" look over that base. Maybe paint some scales, and fade some colors into each other or something to jazz it up.