Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ugghhh why

ugghhh why

http://www.wimp.com/maldivesisland

This is really sad... UGH humanity Y U SO GROSS?!?!?!?!?

The beginning where the trash is rolling into the ocean... ugh. Horrendous.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Tht was gross
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    there are several islands of waste

omg--i had to quit watching. depressing.

Sweet Jesus wtf
    How do people even manage that much garbage? When it comes to stuff like this I don't understand
    how society even cares about celebrities and junk. This is very concerning.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    yucks!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Nyx's Avatar
    Add Nyx on Facebook
    Follow Nyx on Tumblr Visit Nyx's Youtube Channel
    Oh god gross ...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    ewwwww! How disgusting!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Wow...that's quite appalling!

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    We talked about this stuff in my AP Environmental Science class. It's really tough to see this and generally every person who sees this kind of filth disagrees with it. Even people who work with the companies that put that trash there.

But there is more to the story besides, "Ugh how terrible of them! Destroying our world! They shouldn't do that!" A lot of people don't think, "Well what else is there to do?" Sometimes there are no other options out there to get rid of waste. I mean, how many barges are out at sea just harnessing trash that no one knows what to do with. Recycling only goes so far. It's sad to see this but, what else is there to do?

Quote Originally Posted by iblondie View Post
    We talked about this stuff in my AP Environmental Science class. It's really tough to see this and generally every person who sees this kind of filth disagrees with it. Even people who work with the companies that put that trash there.

But there is more to the story besides, "Ugh how terrible of them! Destroying our world! They shouldn't do that!" A lot of people don't think, "Well what else is there to do?" Sometimes there are no other options out there to get rid of waste. I mean, how many barges are out at sea just harnessing trash that no one knows what to do with. Recycling only goes so far. It's sad to see this but, what else is there to do?
    Curb our dependence on unnecessary packaging, permanently synthetic materials, and indulgence?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Curb our dependence on unnecessary packaging, permanently synthetic materials, and indulgence?
    True. We can do that. But that doesn't eliminate trash as a whole you know? It'll cut down some of it, but there's still going to be trash. And it'll only become more and more since more people are being born into this world.

Yeah overpopulation is definitely one of, if not the top biggest problems facing the world today. I totally agree with your points, I would just rather be -not optimistic about the situation getting better- but rather more proactive in ensuring that it does, ya know?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Yeah overpopulation is definitely one of, if not the top biggest problems facing the world today. I totally agree with your points, I would just rather be -not optimistic about the situation getting better- but rather more proactive in ensuring that it does, ya know?
    Of course! It just really makes you think. I believe getting rid of waste is one of our most pressing issues in the world. Hopefully a more efficient way will be coming around soon.

Things like this sort of make me wish zombie apocalypses would come xD
    Sorry if it sounds grim, but there are WAAAYYY too many people on this earth producing too much
    bs and not caring enough about anyone besides themselves.

Perhaps some sort of zombie apocalypse that only affects ignorant bigots who don't care about
    the environment? .... Let's make a virus! Lol
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I say we pack it all in space barges and aim it directly at the sun... the ultimate incinerator muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If it weren't so expensive, that would be the ideal solution. You could drop our whole planet into the Sun and it wouldn't even burp.

Culling the population sounds good til you think about who gets culled. One person's surplus population is another person's child.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

EWWWW thats so nasty and sad

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    *gag*
    Also known as Salina Tideglow