Thread: Harassment Awareness

Harassment Awareness

Harassment Awareness

This topic is to promote awareness on internet harassment. Every community carries the possibility that they will experience issues with members harassing other members at some point- in fact it tends to be a bit problem on the internet these days. I know some of the members on this board may be especially nervous, as a similar site had major issues with unmonitored and unresolved harassment issues. Some people experienced this, and are worried that if something similar happened on this board it would go unchecked.

I'm here to say that this will not happen, and to urge you to report any harassment toward you or any other members of the board to one of the Admins.

This includes (but not limited to): offensive topic posts or comments directed at certian member(s), offensive (possibly repeated) PMs, stalking, unwanted advancements of the sexual type, flaming/trolling, and other hostile acts.

Harassment will not be tolerated on Mer Yuku.
    Please report the incident/post/pm/ect to one of the Admins- try and give details or a general picture on what happened, what was said, and the member(s) involved. The policy is that the offending member gets a warning on the first offense, and the next is banned from the site. However, this is a flexible policy depending on the severity of the incident(s). For example, it is possible that what is perceived by one as harassment may just be a misunderstanding- it does happen. Also, if the member is involved in a incident of higher severity, they will be banned with no warning. Good judgment will be used by the Admins in all cases.

Harassment linked to but not within MerNetwork will be handled on a case by case basis.

If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to PM one of the Admins.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I must admit I spend far too much time online in general, and I hang out a lot on a certain mermaid's public Facebook page, hitting "like" for many of the articles she posts and commenting. I hope that doesn't count as cyber-stalking, and if I made anybody feel uncomfortable, I sincerely apologize, though I sure hope that isn't the case, as it was never my intention. I have Asperger's Syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder, and as result my social skills aren't perfect so I know I can be kind of clingy sometimes, especially when it's someone I genuinely look up to.

I don't want to name names, but there is a certain merman out there(I'm sure most of you will know just who I'm talking about!) who I really don't recommend friending on FB at all. He sent me a Friend Request and I immediately turned it down, after the stories I'm heard about him sending other mers messages of let's just say an extremely personal nature
    Last edited by Princess Kae-Leah; 07-26-2011 at 07:51 PM.

I've been hearing that some members are being harassed by others via constant PMs and users asking for personal information of a lot of other users. If this is happening to you, please report the PMs. This IS harassment, and is against forum rules, but I can't do anything about it if no one talks to the admins or reports the PMs. If you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for others. If there's a user asking many others for personal information, you may think well enough on that request not to give it out, but others may not, and it's a matter of safety. Thanks.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    there's a nice little ! in a triangle on your PMs you can click to report. and a space to give context when in doubt, report it and leave it to the discretion of the mods

i was harassed last year on face book by a fake account of another mer and you guys took care of it

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    If its a mer but on fb you can still report it folks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

From the rules:

NOTE that harassment occurs on independent sites (such as Facebook) it can and will be considered by the Admins for disciplinary action on your account.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona