Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I think all the Mers should know. Someone seriously crossed the line.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Thanks Raina. I can let it go if I'm the one being screwed but I can't stand by and watch someone screw someone else and not say anything. It's just wrong. "There's two types of evil people. People who do evil things and people who see evil things being done and don't do anything to stop it." -Mean Girls, oh yea haha

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    Oh, that's horrible. I saw the review and I thought, 'oh wow what happend? Hopefully Stephanie can fix it.' Then she turns around and sells it for more than twice what she bought it!
    Tenacity.

Last edited by Mahi Mermaid; 03-24-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Also,

#1 I put the bid starting at $180 which is what I paid for it- The "Buy It Now" was $450...there IS a choice to be made there...

#2 If I'm such a "rip off" for selling it "twice as much as I paid for it" then so are those who sell mermaid tops for $40+ when the shells themselves are only $2 and you can find the stuff to decorate them from the dollar store.

#3 Lets be honest here- creativity, arts, crafts, and projects are not cheap. They cost money, time, and commitment to start and to complete. We are all expressing our personalities through the work and art we create but when we want to show them to the world, it comes at a price- a price that doesn't just cover the materials you used...a price that also covers the time you spent plus some....

So please don't slander my name or say these untrue things about me. Stephanie if you had a problem with what we talked about- YOU should have come to me, just like I came to you.

This discussion should not be continued.

I suppose, but why didn't you want to have her fix the tail?

Also you should have mentioned the errors when you listed it on eBay : /
    Not only that but your review stated how poorly the tail was made and that there was no way
    you could swim in it then you turned around and wrote in the eBay description that it was
    "perfect for swimming- very durable". Not to mention you said it was "new" even though it
    wasn't, you tried it on and used it for a shoot.

Even though you guys talked about it I don't see that as an excuse for you to turn around
    and try to sell it over eBay as a "near perfect item" when you complained so much about it.
    Especially after writing such a bad review.

I think that's why me and other people think it was a very crummy thing for you to do.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I see where you and the others are coming from- But as stated above, The tail could be great for someone just not for me and for what uses I needed it for. A lot of parents were bidding on the tail and it would have been great for a child who is using it for "recreation" or for someone who is using it to fufill their dreams of becoming a mermaid. For me, although I too want my dreams to come true, I need a stronger tail.

And the tail was new, I used it for a photoshoot yes but doesn't every one take a picture of their tail before sending it out? Of course we do. I had it just long enough to paint it, let it dry, and take a few shots.

I did complain about the tail and I would not have been happy if if she would have fixed it because there was nothing she could do to fix it for my particular needs. It doesn't mean that someone else couldn't be happy with it. If Loki doesn't like the tail (which she does) than she could sell it on Ebay too..that's what people do. If you buy something and don't like it, then resell it and get something you do like. no harm there.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    People who sell mermaid tops have nothing to do with what you did. you can't even compare the two.
    Honestly if I were Loki, I would be pissed. The way you described the tail on ebay and the review you posted DID NOT match up. So right there is the PERFECT EXAMPLE of false advertising.
    Were not trying to slander your name sweety. Its just that many people on this forum dont appreciate being lied to. Think about it if you were in Loki's position. You buy this tail that is advertised as near perfect. And then you get on here and read the review on it and find out otherwise.... I wouldn't like it and i am pretty sure you wouldn't either.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

#1 - $450 seems like too high a price. Especially since all you did was paint it.
    Not to mention it is not a perfect tail, you said there were lots of errors in it. So honestly, the
    buyout should have been JUST above the $200 or whatever it was to pay for the tail and your time
    repainting it. $450 is way too much.

#2 - I plan on making mermaid tops and selling them for $70. Is that a ripoff? I think not at all. The shells
    were originally $3 each you need 2 so $6, the netting costs at least $10, aquarium plants cost around $5
    for enough to decorate it, it costs $30 for a strapless bra (at WALMART!), and then you need to PAINT the
    shell, because I often find they're very dirty or the coloring isn't even, so $5 for paint?
    So my total cost is $56 JUST for materials. So really, I'm only gaining $14 for my work, not to mention I pay
    myself less than $5 an hour because it takes about 2 hours to repaint the shells and probably 3-5 hours to
    construct the bra and attach/arrange anything.
    I'm sorry, that example was bad. Those shell bras are very justifyed in their pricing.

#3 - I understand you had to repaint the tail but I don't know if that's worth double the price of a supposedly
    damaged tail ):
    Steph charges $200 for fully painted tails (at least I think?) so, cmon.
    $200 is expensive for creativity, but it's time and products you're paying for so it's worth it in the end. Steph
    probably put a nice amount of time MAKING the entire tail, you just painted and resold it :/

Sorry, I don't mean to be confrontational but it doesn't make sense.
    I also am a bit offended that you bring in the seashell tops into the discussion because those
    are in no way ripoffs.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I think Krystal was referring to the Mertailor tops that are two shells and some hemp and they're $40. Now that IS a rip off IMO.

Also to me if a tail has been worn in water it can no longer be listed as new. Kind of like how you can wear new shoes in your house to see if you like them, but the minute they start walking outside (dirty pavement and concrete) you can no longer return them to the store as they are used. All of the tail sales on eBay I've seen are listed as "used" and "as is" with lots of pictures and a good description so they know what "as is" really means for the item. This includes any issues, and monofin issues- like the Mertailor silicone tail that was listed stated the monofin was indeed broken.

Ohhh well maybe for the Mertailor ones I suppose.
    It does look like all he did was drill a hole through them and string em lol

Stil, I don't even think that's fair. If you WEAR anything it is no longer new. Even if it just is
    to try it on. Especially since eBay's description of a NEW item is:
    New without tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is
    not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original box or bag).etc.

So right there if Loki wanted to she could get a full refund JUST because of the fact that it was WORN
    since it was listed as NEW. If Krystal really thought it was in such great condition that it could still pass
    off as new, she should have listed it as used, but then written in the description that she had only worn it
    once and it was still in near perfect condition.

However, even then it's not right, especially after all the complaints listed in the review.
    We're not bullying you, Krystal, we just think what you did was WRONG. Like Brooke said, imagine if it
    happened to you. You probably wouldn't be very happy.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    well I can see where the misunderstanding happened. I think the review Krystal posted should have been sent to Stephanie before she posted it. So at least Stephanie would know what was going to end up here, and I do agree that the review and what was put in the add didn't match up.

However, I see this now as an issue between Krystal and Stephanie, especially since Loki seems perfectly happy with her tail Im sorry Krystal if anything I said came across as hurtful, we all want to see mermaid parties succeed and the fact that she is very open to criticism is EXTREMELY refreshing in this community when it comes to tail makers. I know that issues around tail making can be a real hot button issue for this community, we often dance around it because certain tail makers create an environment where it's very difficult to post true experiences without some sort of beratement. (sp?) And if we all jumped into something that in the end really shouldnt involve us, I think it's only because we're very protective of our investments in tails and there's been such a legacy of people being ripped off- I think this community has reached it's limit and isn't willing to take anymore rip off crap!

I can see where you're both coming from, I assume from Stephanie's perspective since your emails to her weren't very negative, and not very representative of what was in the review, that the review totally took her by surprise, add on top of it the ebay listing which was nothing like the review and I understand her frustration. She also felt she would have been willing to fix things but your review made it seem like she wasnt.

And Krystal, I totally see where you're coming from. I have logged on to mernetwork before to see an experience between myself and someone else out in the open for everyone to see with a lot of details misrepresented. I know what it's like to just suddenly feel like holy crap, people must hate me now, and they dont even know my side or see any proof (e.g. your emails). So I can totally sympathise with what you must be feeling.

Hopefully you can both take this as a learning experience, as well as us, and move on. Personally, I'd like to see ebay tails with lots of descriptions, photos, and exactly what they're made of (e.g. alex plus)

I just want to say I did not start this post to start drama or "slander" anyone's name I was telling facts. Facts that I learned after the conversation posted between Krystal and me. In all honesty, I felt extremely betrayed. We had that nice friendly conversation and you told me about the tail and that you sold it and that you were going to post a review. However, you did not tell me the tail was damaged before trying to sell it to see if we could work it out. And then you give me that awful review only for me to find out that there is nothing wrong with the tail as far as it's swimming ability. The fluke did come open on the bottom according to Loki, but that's all that was truthful in the review and it was a super easy fix I could have explained given the chance but I explained it to Loki and all is well. The point I was trying to make is the ebay listing was not truthful in it's description of the tail according to the review and posted almost two weeks before the review. Once the tail was sold the review was posted. Not to mention, on the mernetwork feed advertising this tail on ebay, there was no indication that it was a Mermaid Parties' tail and that made me feel like that was so people wouldn't link the review with that tail to the ebay listing. Any ways, like I said, wasn't trying to start drama just trying to right a wrong. I felt wronged and I didn't appreciate it.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Sorry, I haven't really read most of this. But I kinda get the gist. Though I completely understand the frustration of the situation, it can put a smudge on the reputation of mermaid parties for putting a microscope on their client. Businesses, in my opinion, shouldn't really have feelings or show that they do. I know you do personally, but they should not be posted , in my opinion, using a business log in. but again those are my personal views and can be taken with a grain of salt. Sorry, I am rambling. I am tired. Just got out if work and it is after 1am

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont think you're trying to start drama we can't be afraid of the drama llama all the time!

Thanks Raina And you're right

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidHaru View Post
    That's so sad!! I'm still saving up for one of your tails, no worry!!
    It's all good and behind us now and thank you I really appreciate it!!