Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mermaid Movies

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidandrea View Post
    How about the little mermaid 3: Ariel's beginnings? I thought it was really cute but it made me cry

Jump in the line shake your body now rampanpamparampamparam! Shakeshakeshake seņora shake it all the time!!
    These moties ademen cry like ā baby xD

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Talia View Post
    I would recommend "Dagon", with some warnings first:
    1- it does not have mermaids per se on it, but it involves mer-people.
    2- it is a horror movie, with some scary and gory scenes.
    3- it is an adaptation from a story by H.P. Lovecraft ('Shadow Over Innsmouth').
    4- Definitely NOT for children.
    ^^Dagon is awesome.
    As good, maybe even better, than She Creature.
    Mind the warnings, however. It's quite shocking

Already mentioned; the Russian version of Andersen's little mermaid, Rusalochka, is a charming fairy tale and was (I think) the first adaptation of the story that featured actresses swimming underwater with tails on.
    I remember I was mezmerized as a child by that fact alone, since all other films were just normal dudes and gals wearing long dresses and walking around in "make-believe" underwater settings that didn't look one bit like underwater lol.

However, when I re-watched Rusalochka a few weeks ago, I was a bit disappointed because the underwater scene, however charming, was so short, you never see her tail fully afterward, and when the actresses are filmed from below, you can see the tails are flimsy fabric and have 2 flippers inside
    ...ye, I've become picky.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Just remembered:
    "Man from Atlantis", a series consisting of 4 full-length movies, and over ten episodes of around an hour.

Old show, but the inspiration for similar later shows I'm sure- Ocean Girl comes to mind!

The answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Hey guys, I've been actually looking for a movie (or show maybe?)
    All I remember is that there was this one merman that was in a pool, and these two guys are trying to get out because the bad guy is trying to get him in the news, and so they replace him with this guys dressed up as a mermaid.
    anyone know what I'm talking about by any chance? XD

the name of the tv show that you are talking about is called sabrina down under

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Its on youtube too. I watched it sometime last month!

Mad About Men is a Miranda Sequel. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Just remembered:
    "Man from Atlantis", a series consisting of 4 full-length movies, and over ten episodes of around an hour.

Old show, but the inspiration for similar later shows I'm sure- Ocean Girl comes to mind!
    Love Man from Atlantis. I have the DVDs of the movies and tv series. Had such a crush on that man.

They really didn't do much with the potential, and the show got downright silly at times, but I love it.

Surplus Princess - Korean Ariel tv series.

Pinoy tv series, at least I think its Pinoy, it could be Thai for all I know...
    Season one - kreep nee hua jai mee tur - English is, This Love Heart with Rays.
    Season two - can't remember what its called, but it involves her little sister coming onto land to be a real girl and another little girl finds her and adopts her. They go to school together. I watched it with no English subs... Her sister has the bright pink neon tail by latexman.
    Formerly known as ireneho

No one posted "nymph" 2013. I watched it last night, it's another horror mermaid film. A little slow to start, but the mermaid is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Killer Mermaid. Its on youtube. Pretty terrible plot and cgi tail.

Watch it if you dare...

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I loved the Man from Atlantis when I was a kid. We would swim like him in the pool. I guess it made it easier for me to swim with a monofin later, lol

Does it also go by The title Killer Mermaid? Haha yea the tail is CGI and the plot is awful.

Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

I just found this youtube channel and it's movies they made of classic fairytales. I loved their Little Mermaid watched it twice since last night! Its eng subs tho and not very good ones at that, but I mean it's the Little Mermaid, you can get the drift
    The other thing thats a bit annoying is that its broken up into 3 parts, 1 on youtube and the other 2 on their blog
    but seriously I loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-SI36gNkTg

This is the channel name if you want the other fairytales
    Arsal dm
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWb...6ZkXkTIsEC5u9g
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Very pretty! I loved the costumes and the general aesthetic

Seeing it just renewed my frustration with the fairytale, though. I've always hated how she just accepts that he doesn't know the whole story. Why isn't she just like NO JESUS FUCK LOOK I'LL DRAW YOU A PICTURE. Though she's also shallow and jealous and stupid and the princess is better for him, and even though it does have a "happy" ending, it's still irritating as hell.

I did like the sea witch a lot! Nice that they didn't portray her as evil like Disney (though even Ursula was hard not to like better than Ariel imo).

I know right! I would be like dude I'm not dying because you somehow got confused!
    I loved the costumes and that they actually swim in them. Very pretty

Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

There was an Italian mermaid movie supposed to be out several years ago. It had an enormous budget. They went out of their way to make some really stunning underwater scenes. It was a period move similar to The Little Mermaid. The Italian actress playing the lead (mermaid) was quite talented in the water. They had a few flash previews and stock pics, but the movie disappeared from the media. For the life of me I can't remember its name, the actress, or the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sabie View Post
    I just found this youtube channel and it's movies they made of classic fairytales...
    Aww, looks like the channel's been taken down for copyright stuff.

Kelda, I have a lot of frustrations with the little mermaid too! Ugh. I wish there a better iconic fairytale for mermaids. Maybe there is a cool version of it out there somewhere? So despite all this, I'm always curious to see if someone can remix the various elements of the story into one that is more agreeable to me.

ethesea, that italian movie sounds interesting! If I knew Italian I'd do some searching. Maybe it has an IMDB page?

There was also some big Chinese mermaid movie that was supposed to come out that had some really exotic designs for all the merpeoples, but I don't think it ever did. Stuck in production limbo. I'll try and find some images of it!

Quote Originally Posted by azaiya View Post

There was also some big Chinese mermaid movie that was supposed to come out that had some really exotic designs for all the merpeoples, but I don't think it ever did. Stuck in production limbo. I'll try and find some images of it!
    That was Empire of the Sea, the rich guy that funded it lost interest and the movie got cancelled.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 04-29-2015 at 09:33 AM.