Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing Usernames

Changing Usernames

Currently Admins are offering one username change per user. This is mainly to allow members to find their "mermaid name" after they have already joined the site, although you do not have to use your one username change for that particular reason.

You can not change your name to a user's past username unless it is approved with that user. For example, if "Lextran" has their username changed to "Mermaid Alena", another user can not change their name to "Lextran" without permission from "Mermaid Alena". Also obvious fraudulent name changes will not be allowed. For example, if you want your name changed to "MeduSirena" and you're clearly not MeduSirena the request will be denied.

Also the user must post "User formerly known as insert past username here." into their signature and/or profile for a certian amount of time, depending on how long they have had their former username on the forum. A user only around a few days may only need a few days, a user around for months may need a few weeks. The time needed to have this statement public will be given to you in a comment or PM reply to your request along with verification that your name is changed.

Please comment below for your username change request.

Note: To check if a name is taken, you can see a searchable list of all members if you click on forum > community > member list, or go to http://mernetwork.com/index/memberlist.php
    Last edited by Winged Mermaid; 04-09-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    I'd like to change my username from FlowerBite to Moonflower please. Thank you!

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

Done! I see you have the formerly phrase in your signature. Please leave it there for at least 8 days.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I would like to change my username to Mermaid Hamant please! ^^

Done! I have inserted "Formerly user "CrazyHamantZ"" into your signature. Please leave it there and use your signature when posting for at least 8 days.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I'd Like to change my username to APhishOutofWater please.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I will! Thanks ^^

Member Union of Pods of the North Aquatica's Avatar
    Please change mine to Aquatica. I signed up using face book and did not have chance to pick a name.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Aquatica; 09-20-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Signature by Avery

Member Union of Pods of the North Aquatica's Avatar
    Thank you for the name change,
    Signature by Avery

Oh. I should have probably read this thread before I made a new account. My other one was hard to log into because the screen name was Japanese. Not every keyboard has Japanese. So uh. Could you delete that account then? (Or will the threads produced from it delete too?)

Freckled, I don't know if you saw before we had to restore to the back up, but I merged your two accounts together. You now have all your old posts, friends lists, pictures, ect of your old account on your new

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I would like to change my username to Mia... if that wouldn't be too short.

Had some issue getting Mia to stick since it's so short, but I finally got it to! Please place "User previously known as Katraen" in your signature for at least 8 days.

Thank you so much!

I would like my username to be Gem Stone. I joined as mermaid Alexandrea, but that's not my mermaid persona so to speak. If you could please change it?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem Stone View Post
    I would like my username to be Gem Stone. I joined as mermaid Alexandrea, but that's not my mermaid persona so to speak. If you could please change it?
    There you go, it should be "Gem Stone" now. Please leave the line in your signature about the name change there for at least 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    There you go, it should be "Gem Stone" now. Please leave the line in your signature about the name change there for at least 8 days.
    thank you so much! i almost locked myself out before i realized what happened. lol
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

I would like to have my name changed to Merman Ray please.
    Last edited by Merman Ray; 03-29-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Ray View Post
    I would like to have my name changed to Merman Ray please.
    Done! Please leave "User previously known as Foxfish" line in your signature for at least 5 days.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Thanks so much for the name change, I made sure to add the former name in my sig.

Happy Swimming!
    "It is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."
    - President John F. Kennedy