Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black mermaid tails?

Black mermaid tails?

I've been trying to find a black mermaid tail, but so far I can't find one. Could you guys help? Pics would be nice!!!

You could have one made by a tailmaker. We have a list of many tailmakers to look through.

Unless you're just looking for a picture of one, in which case you might just google it.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    Merman Chris has two, both are black based.
    Mermaasai also has a darker tail (I think hers is more brown though).
    *Celine* also has a dark tail. I don't think it is finshed yet.
    MermaidCaitlin has a grey/black snake skin-ish tail.

Those are just the tails I remeber. All are member here so you can see their tails on here.
    Tenacity.

My tail, currently being made, Is mostly black, with red markings. They look pretty cool. <3

I absolutely LOVE mermaasai's tail. I want a dorsal fin like hers so bad!
    Lady Gaga had a black tail from the Mertailor, I think there's still pictures up on his websites.

what!? ^^
    Last edited by Bellasea; 06-12-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: ! always makes what? more fun:)
    Tenacity.

Mertailor sells black latex tails, and any custom tail maker can make you a black tail. Mermaasia has two tails that are black and gold, she repainted one of them when it was brownish gold. You can also youtube black mermaids and get some videos of people with black tails. I myself am working on two black tails.

off topic: may I ask how many tails you have?
    Tenacity.

I swim with a full black tail and a redish brown scaled tail with a black base although on camera it looks full black too. The only thing i'd caution about getting a black tail is that if you want to do kids events, kids will respond better to colourful tails or at least that has been my experience.

oh Ayla! Thank you! Indeed- a black tail here ^.^ though not all black... my next tail will probably very close to entirely black though. I have two- a fabric one with black and gold that I made:

and one that was made by mermaid parties (with a little minor tweaking by me):

Black just goes with my ink.. and my looks in general. Dark n sharp ^.^
    I hope you go with black or dark, not enough dark mers out there I say lol

I want to go with a black silicone tail with slight gold highlights(just glimmery ones on the bottom edges of the scales and along the edge of the fluke.. With a black top of netting and gems and small gold flakes. And then I wanna make some fore-arm fins that blend into my skin with sharp edges and claws kind of like these but considerably more blended with my hands lol:
    Name:  l.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  66.4 KB

and lastly a necklace piece in black pearls and gems and gold slivers that look some what like this:
    Name:  mm043975_m.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  23.6 KB

^.^ sooo.. yeah black is awesome.. I hope you find what you are looking for!!!!

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    The tail I'm making now was planned to be black with iceblue stripes and fins, but my bf didn't agree with the colors :/ So it became blue instead
    Your imagination is your only limit

Member Pod of The South Raivynn's Avatar
    I've also noticed a major aversion to black tails. I think part of it is the subconscious affiliation of black with the goth scene. It's dumb, but true. A lot of people assume because you wear all black, you're "gothic" -- and I've been given this stereotype for YEARS. I simply prefer monochromes to color -- my tail is black and white, but guess what? It's SMOTHERED IN GLITTER!! Just because I didn't want it in color, doesn't mean it can't shine!

The kids at the pool don't seem to mind that my tail is mostly black on one side. They think it's pretty cool. I have had some haters, but they were teenagers who were necking in a public place!! I swear, they never went far enough away from each other to convince me they were two separate people ... BUT ...

Black tails are awesome, and look amazing! I wonder if mermaids think black is a slimming color, too ....
    http://www.facebook.com/Mermaid.Misu

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

A fsh.

I would be willing to take an order for a solid black Silicone Mermaid Tail.

I would give it my own little twist though. <evil laugh>

I love black tails myself. But then I do tend to be the 'usually wears black' type, and if people want to associate it with dark subcultures, I'm fine with that- they've been my second home for over 20 years. I'm more comfortable in the Dark. Perhaps that is where my love of the deep sea comes from, too.

I'd like a black tail. But I'd also like one in mostly blues, which are my favorite colors. Either would match my hair, and I like the idea of a tail matching my hair... sort of brings it all together.

Mermaasai, while I think your black tail is really nice, the hand claw reminds me of "A Nightmare on Elm Street".

Mermaasai, we love your tail...where did you get your mermaid acsessories?

I ordered a black tail I saw it in the pic on the website I ordered from. Originally I was planning on getting maybe a gold or red tail (though as a kid I wanted a blue tail) since I wear black all the time as it is and wanted to do something different. However, the tail was one of those ones that looks best in black, and black can go with just about anything, so I'm satisfied with choosing a black tail.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania happyguava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradia View Post
    I swim with a full black tail and a redish brown scaled tail with a black base although on camera it looks full black too. The only thing i'd caution about getting a black tail is that if you want to do kids events, kids will respond better to colourful tails or at least that has been my experience.
    Except when they decide it's actually purple. Or blue. Or some other random colour :P