Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black mermaid tails?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Aside from the fact that you replied to an 8 yr old thread, can you believe we still don't have very many black tails? You got Fin Fun and Mertailor for the easy access if you want all black. Previously Swimtails. Aquarius if you want to spend way too much. To a lesser extent, Magictails has black. Lots of beautiful designs can be done with black, but noooooooooo we have to stick with the bright colors.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali

Visit johnleeex's Youtube Channel
    I bet this image is much older than 8 years:-) This type of scuba dive gear went out of style early 1970's. And then the only wetsuit color you could get was black. But the total outfit looks cool. Wonder if this was somehow related to Costeau?

That image is actually from a video that was just released by Otterbay wetsuits a month or two ago.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali

Glad you localized this image - I forgot where it came from. Do you have a link to the video from Otterbay? Merci

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Otterbay
    Thought that looked familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by johnleeex View Post
    Glad you localized this image - I forgot where it came from. Do you have a link to the video from Otterbay? Merci
    You are the one that posted the link to the video in the other thread but...here ya go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiFYmxmk10
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    That image is actually from a video that was just released by Otterbay wetsuits a month or two ago.
    Well, it may have been *released* just recently, but it was *filmed* between 1989 and 2002, as stated in the credits. So the scenes are roughly 20-30 years old, which matches both the gear and the footage.

And despite what they state in the video description, scuba gear on the back and a mermaid tail don't mix too well. The tank stiffens precisely that part of the body you need to get a decent wave motion for propulsion.

Sent from my H3311 using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Speaking of black tails, one of my finfolk fabric tails is predominately black, but has multicoloured spots and fluke.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali

yes, I posted that video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiFYmxmk10 , but that image of the black suited mermaid is not from this video. I accidentally attributed the image to this video, but that was a mistake. It is not in the video.

Idk if you're still looking for one, but Finfolk just announced they're making a black Mythic! https://www.instagram.com/p/CDRfkADD...d=a7y5k0hps5ti

Sent from my SM-G960U using MerNetwork mobile app