Page 9 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just had a photo shoot!"/sharing photoshoots thread!

@Sea Pearl... I used to be a photographer for wedding ans such... so my artistic background cam creeping out.. I wish I could have been in both places.. though my helper did a pretty good job setting the frameing the way i described to her...

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    Heres a semi-self shoot.. I had a helper.. my boyfriends 67yr old mom.. I love Her!!

I set up tripod and the shot.. told her what I wanted and got into position. She did an awesome job for me...

I edited the photos.. I like theway it looks b/w with pops of color.. not seen anyone else do that.. But I am sure now that its on FB also.. there will be certain copiers... OH Well...

You did a nice job color and BW seperation... but really, copying! Does this mean you have never seen this done before?

Are you seriously going to ask some one that... especially after i just said I used to be a pro...

If you dont get the comment.. im not going to explain it....

The color splashes are actually a classic thing to do. I must admit I was puzzled by the "copying" remark since it's been done a zillion times then some and is quite old. I still think it looks great though! I'm so glad you finally have some pictures to post of your mersona!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Iona.......i was refereing to our "favorite" copycat...

Didn't mean to offend you nerinethemermaid. I guess you are right, I didn't get it. As I said, you did a fine job of it. No explanation needed.

Aaaaah. Well they are going to do what they want, and we all know that. :/ You can see how that could confuse a bit! Especially Randy since he just joined. No worries though!

Well.. my original comment wasnt directed at the new person.. but anyways...

things get lost in translation....

Ive viewed alot of mer-shoots and havent seen the technique used yet..

Im more concered with you know who.. copying it.. cause wellwe all know how he likes to do that but oh well we all know who started useing it here and fb firsti-ish

My shoot was for my intro studio clas anyways.. nto really a shoot for my self as a mermaid.but it worked out nicly... The idea was to show how mermaid part of me was bright and shiney and good while the rest of the mundane world was dull and colorless.. much like my real life at the moment ...
    Since Im unemplyed the world seems rather ick at the moment..

Hope that came across im my images

PS- hair, makeup, shell top done by me.. Necklace is a custom piece by B's Creative Ventures found on FB

Here's a few from a photo shoot series taken during the summer on the Washington coast, mermaid and pirate themed.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Too awesome/cute!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania happyguava's Avatar
    Our photos from the Great Barrier Reef are up, woohoo!! We can't actually repost them, but do have a look on our website because we're preeeetty proud of how they turned out

http://www.mermaidens.com.au/index.php/gallery

Omg, you are so lucky happyguava!! I want to go swimming up there in my tail next year. It must've been magical! The photos are so pretty!

All you guys have such fab shots!

Great shoot pictures Fosterphotographix!

happyguava, that location looks amazing, lucky you getting to swim there. The last picture is impressive.

Thank you Sea Pearl, and love your photos happyquava. I have to agree, the silhouette and light rays in the last photo is stunning.

Always last to the party but here are mine:

I always consider myself a small time mer but I'm proud of the photos.

Great location Merman Ryan, I like the last shot for the action.

sea pearl, you always look like a freaking mer-goddess. youre so lovely (:

nerine, i LOVE YOUR TOP. and your bright blue eyelashes, haha.

foster, i really like the pictures of the pirates and mermaid/merboy. there dont seem to be enough!

merman ryan, i really love the sort of viking/warrior look you have its really badass. if you ever decide to get a latex or silicone tail, maybe you should consider putting nordic runes and sigils on it like tattoos. that would look REALLY COOL.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    That last shot is so epic, Ryan! the only thing that would make it cooler is only possible in the imagination. (A magical water jet lifting you into the air so that your tail could be seen through the flow...)
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Or a huge angler fish making a bizarre surface because they're fighting.

Thanks.. the eyelashes are from kroger my local grocery store... glad I found it.. was perfect touch :-)

Page 9 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast