Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mer-Care for Mer-Hair

You're right Tangle Teezer can be tempting to smash right through the detangling process, but if you're gentle and work from the ends up it's still fast.

The Argan Oil Organics is what my BF and I use! It's been great, though I swear he picked the Argan oil one bc the bottle is his favorite blue turquoise color... Recently though his scalp has been really dry (mine's fine), not sure if it's the traveling between Caribbean tropics anD NY winter or if he needs another shampoo.

And I recently started adding a leave in conditioner by called Beautiful Curls by Alaffia and it really helps my waves with definition!
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    I think that's a different brand. This bottle is a sienna color on white. It's the Acure Organics brand, but the argan oil type. I've been seeing more splits on my ends lately, so I'm hoping this will help prevent that. Also, my old stuff was starting to make me break out. This stuff is free of all the harsh stuff. http://www.acureorganics.com/Morocca...mpoo-p/225.htm

I've been using the Allafia African black soap for the last year, and I love it. That will also get the chlorine right off of your skin.

I heard that if you want to make your hair grow longer faster to massage your scalp because it increases the blood flow

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Yep. Hang your head upside down, and massage gently for about 4 minutes.

Hello! Just reading through all of the hair care tips, and I have one to offer myself. As someone who has had long hair for a long time (I seriously have attachment issues with it. I cut it once and cried for a few weeks about it) and that colours A LOT (I am naturally blonde and dye it red. Hello re-growth that looks grey!), the absolute best thing I have found that helps my hair,along with the oiling, spraying and making sure you look after pH balances on your scalp, is to ALWAYS rinse your hair with cold water. If you can stand it, you should be washing and conditioning your hair in cold water. Heat makes the hair open up and lose colour molecules, cold water keeps them closed. This has always helped my hair keep some colour and not get too damaged for repetative washing after swimming.

As for the swimming itself and keeping colour. Oil. Oil, oil, oil. Before and after. Oil repels water. Do it before you swim and it will help repel the water from getting to your hair. After swimming, once you have rinsed your hair with a good quality (no supermarket cheap products please!) shampoo and applied the conditioner for a really long time (usually double the recommended), oil it again. It doesn't have to be a heavy coat of oil, but your hair will be vulnerable for a while after you swim. Just like your skin takes a while to recover after swimming, so does your hair. Protect it as much as you can!!

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Gremillion View Post
    I heard that if you want to make your hair grow longer faster to massage your scalp because it increases the blood flow
    Yeah, if only it were that simple. Rubbing may help a little, but not drastically.