Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pod of Florida

That sounds like a lot of fun! Is there a thread for discussing it already or is it just people you know? I haven't found any pools here yet that sounded like they wanted to let me swim in them haha

My apartment complex has a pool they would let me swim in but its only four feet deep :/ lol

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    We have a pod of Polk County chat on Facebook and there a Pod of the Southeast facebook group that way more active and easier to join vs Pod of the South. Here in Lakeland it's the Gandy Pool and the south Lakeland YMCA that we use tails out. The YMCA is an indoor pool. One day if I can find a way to Orlando, I can help you convince places to allow tails. I always enjoy meeting and swimming with different mers. I'm always on Facebook trying to do gatherings at a spring once a month. Alexander Springs seem to the be the biggest spring for everyone to easily meet at. I'm always on Facebook if you want to send a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Coralia View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun! Is there a thread for discussing it already or is it just people you know? I haven't found any pools here yet that sounded like they wanted to let me swim in them haha

My apartment complex has a pool they would let me swim in but its only four feet deep :/ lol
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    Every few weeks I visit florida from michigan ^-^ my nanna's house is in orange park near/in st.augustine
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Awesome guys!

I requested to join the pod of the southeast, so hopefully i can stay in touch better there.

The Gandy seems like it's easy enough to get to but its an hour away from me, I'll try finding the closest YMCA's and see if they haven'y banned tails yet haha

Alexander springs (and a few other springs) are located an hour north of Orlando its beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Kisses and Starfish Wishes!

So much truth to this. The only down side to Alexander Spring is that it gets so busy during the weekend that they sometime stop people going in.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidkelly_ View Post
    Alexander springs (and a few other springs) are located an hour north of Orlando its beautiful

Survivor of cyberbullies

If you get there at opening you don't have that problem and if not then around 1pm they start letting people in again (half the people leave by then)

Awesome, I'll have to look up Alexander springs then.

And go super early haha. I can always break for lunch and go back in the evening if it gets too busy

Whenever you want company to go or need someone to take picture and go mermaiding with, I'm always happy to join by carpooling. I'm going to try for the Lakeland group to go on the Tuesday the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Coralia View Post
    Awesome, I'll have to look up Alexander springs then.

And go super early haha. I can always break for lunch and go back in the evening if it gets too busy

Survivor of cyberbullies

The best time to visit is during the week especially mondays however if its just for fun lots of people shouldn't bother your mermaiding i went during memorial day weekend and it was fine. People only suck when you're trying to make a video or photoshoot

Hi! I'm from Georgia but I'm in college in Florida right now I'm near Orlando. I super new to mermaiding I don't even have a monofin yet but I would love to meet other mermaids to swim with and maybe learn tips and tricks from and/or just be friends with!

Hey guys! So Im still waiting to get my tail (first one will be the eco tail by mertailer but an excellent start) I am a musician and wrote a song about sirens and will be recording it as a duet with my friend. Im planning on making a music video for it too (I will be doing it all myself so it wont be the greatest quality but will still be awesome. I do have an underwater digital camera). I was wondering if anyone would like to be in it. Maybe have a mer meet up at a really awesome location on a non busy day and get it done. Mostly just as backround mers having a good time and swimming etc. Let me know if this is something you guys would like to do! All mers welcome! A big pod would look awesome!

That will be amazing. I would absolutely love the chance to be a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Siren310 View Post
    Hey guys! So Im still waiting to get my tail (first one will be the eco tail by mertailer but an excellent start) I am a musician and wrote a song about sirens and will be recording it as a duet with my friend. Im planning on making a music video for it too (I will be doing it all myself so it wont be the greatest quality but will still be awesome. I do have an underwater digital camera). I was wondering if anyone would like to be in it. Maybe have a mer meet up at a really awesome location on a non busy day and get it done. Mostly just as backround mers having a good time and swimming etc. Let me know if this is something you guys would like to do! All mers welcome! A big pod would look awesome!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    @Siren310
    That sounds epic !
    If you need an extra mer, I'm game!

< 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Ahhhh thanks guys!!! Im getting so super excited about it I cant even contain myself 😂 i basically want anyone that can make it to feel more than welcome. Ive been looking up videos and found fellow mer vids at alexander springs. What would be another good spot suggestion? Im still new to florida so dont know too many places.. Im hoping for a place less populated more rugged but clear and deep enough for good video..... Aside from the background mers Im doing the storyline as this.. Sirens luring their potential "mate" pirates to the sea.. Where they give them a breathing device and take them to a special remote island where they hold them happily captive😂. I could use a few other sirens in addition to me and my friend. Maybe even a few girl pirates and mermen as main people. I like it diverse. 😊 anywayyy wont be for a long time so plenty of planning time but I really think itll be a ton of fun