Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State 'sub-pods'?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes

State 'sub-pods'?

I know in another thread some other Mers and I were entertaining the possibility of have sub-pods for each state, which would exist here, INSIDE of our general pod. Each state's sub-pod would be started by someone from that state, and a sub-pod won't exist until someone from that state starts one.
    I think that this would help with smaller meet ups and maybe more local discussions. I know, for me, it'd be very hard to get to a meet up in another state, but in Minnesota, no problem.
    How does everyone feel about this? I won't take it personally if it's deemed a bad idea(: I'd just like some input.
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Alice in Wonderland

formerly 'sophiadarling'

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I would be fine with it, but I think we shuld just plan events for example, a southen michigan and say whoever can make can come. I think JoyRaptors saisd something about how some people haven't even been to other parts of their state. So, I just think we should plan events and say if in your area come, if not then nect time the event will be somewhere else.
    Tenacity.

i think it's a great idea to narrow down the travel time to get to a fellow mermaid for some outtings...i'm just afraid to see there won't be anyone in most the sub groups, as there arn't too terribly many of us out there. as far as i can tell...i'm the only one for hundreds of miles. crossing my fin here that someone proves me wrong.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    yes definitely plan pod-wide events but just when we get more members in each state or just one state has news then I think it'd be good.
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Alice in Wonderland

formerly 'sophiadarling'

Junior Member Pod of the Great Lakes
    My state would be rather lonely as I think I may be the only mer in it...except for my best girl that I am dragging into this world to dispell her fear of swimming.

nixen: where are you located?

Junior Member Pod of the Great Lakes
    Nitro, West Virginia : D

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    Who here is from around southeastern MI? Mini pod anyone

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. I thought that this could be good for places that have a higher concentration of mers and we could call the, schools. You know, pods of dolphin and schools of fish?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

i like this idea...but where i live nobody is into this stuff my6 own family thinks im crazy....the schools thing is cute i think it!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I like that idea but how do we organize it?

Sad face all the mers in my state are way older then me. thats ok just idk if they would hang with me

I dont think there is anyone near me i really hope there is though

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunie2 View Post
    I dont think there is anyone near me i really hope there is though
    Where r you

Aw thats fare I'm trying to find mer friend near me too

anyone in the columbus/dayton area? I'd love to make a pod for central ohio
    Mermaid Nami
    "Saving Our Sharks"

Hello, I am in the great lakes area and hope one day to be a mermaid! Story is, I started an in-real-life (irl) fan club for another group and it worked out pretty well. If you guys decide you want to do this and need some help with how to organize, pm me and I'll add in what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixen Nicole View Post
    Nitro, West Virginia : D
    Have I geeked out yet at you about how you're in my home state? Born and in raised in Teays Valley

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Also, I've thought about more pods before. Thing is, there just isn't enough people. There'd be so little that people would use the pods even less than they do now. Plus to me it's better to post in a pod that you're having a meetup in a certian place and have those that can come, than to post in a sub-pod and have people miss out because they didn't know it was going on. I know the Pacific Northwest pod includes Washington, Oregon, and parts of Canada, and we've had people from Canada drive down to Oregon for events because they wanted to go, ect.

I think there are still gaps in the map. Malinghi was in charge of the pods, but if need be I can take over to fill in the gaps.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr