Thread: Custom costume raffle to raise tail funds!

Custom costume raffle to raise tail funds!

In order to raise moolah for my for my mermaid tail I am going to hold a raffle as I just don't feel right asking for money without offering something in return!

For every $10 donated you will get one raffle ticket or donate $50 and get 6! What are you hoping to win? I will custom make the winner a costume or costume piece of their choice for up to the value of $600! Click on the Chip-In link to make sure your entries are recorded:

http://mermaidtail.chipin.com/my-mermaid-tail

Please private message me with questions to see if your hoped for costume would qualify for the winning value. (FYI I cannot make realistic mearmaid tails but I can make fabric!) Costume will be delivered before the end of the year but most likely in December due to my current schedule. Raffle will end when $600 is raised!

Check out my costume website or my burlesque website for ides on what I can do for you!
    Last edited by Blaze; 07-27-2011 at 08:05 PM.

I know! I was just drooling after her costumes already....
    Mermaid Jewel

Hmmm my Renaissance tribal belly dance fairy of the green bottle might become a reality....

Just posting an update! We are almost to the halfway point for the raffle! Will remind everyone on Friday as many people have mentions they plan to donate on payday. ;D

LOVE this idea! Ingenious!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    HOOOOWWWW COOOOLLLLL! I wish I had the money, tryin to save money for my own tail but good luck to u!! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aqua View Post
    HOOOOWWWW COOOOLLLLL! I wish I had the money, tryin to save money for my own tail but good luck to u!! : )
    Remember you could win a $600 costume for only $10! It's possible!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I cant do anything at the moment but if you still need funds when I get mine I'll try to pass some along

Oops, forgot to remind people on Friday. Here's the reminder a few days late!

Mermaid Tail update! Thanks to some sizeable in person contributions at DragonCon we are 60% of the way there (note the amount on the Chipin is smaller as I can't add the cash handed to me on there so just subtracted it from the amount)! So get your raffle tickets now! 1 for $10 or 6 for $50!

http://mermaidtail.chipin.com/my-mermaid-tail

Ack, I keep forgetting! Um, ok I just got a job in so money soon!

Only $90 left to raise before it's over!

Great I idea but I will not have any money for a bit
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

And that's the ballgame kids! As long as the final $10 goes through (expected to clear on the 15-17) the raffle is over! I will announce the winner next week after I return from New Orleans & have a few spare minutes to videotape the drawing! FYI I had ordered the tail several weeks ago (covered the remaining amount on top of the donations; was hoping to have it for DragonCon) & it actually is scheduled to arrive this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    And that's the ballgame kids! As long as the final $10 goes through (expected to clear on the 15-17) the raffle is over! I will announce the winner next week after I return from New Orleans & have a few spare minutes to videotape the drawing! FYI I had ordered the tail several weeks ago (covered the remaining amount on top of the donations; was hoping to have it for DragonCon) & it actually is scheduled to arrive this week!
    yay glad it worked out where did you get your tail from? And sorry I couldn't buy a ticket I would of If I had money

I purchased a green latex tail from the Mertailor. he posted a sneak peek of my tail yesterday; it should be here this week!

Apparently mine is the last latex tail to be made without scalloped edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    I purchased a green latex tail from the Mertailor. he posted a sneak peek of my tail yesterday; it should be here this week!

Apparently mine is the last latex tail to be made without scalloped edges.
    I thought so awhile ago Kelly said you posted a donation on your face book and that tail looks really great I hope it looks as good in person!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAubrin View Post
    I thought so awhile ago Kelly said you posted a donation on your face book and that tail looks really great I hope it looks as good in person!
    Yup! I have high hopes that it will be just as good in person and that it fits me perfectly! *crosses fingers while doing the happy dance*