Thread: Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday (7/9/12)

Exclamation Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday (7/9/12)

Basically, there has been a virus going around for quite a while, and if you have it on your computer come Monday the 9th, you will not be able to access the internet anymore. This Article has the details: What The Internet Doomsday Virus is and How To Fix It. There is a site, also linked in the article, run by the FBI that can tell you if you have it and if so how to fix it. Here is the FBI site: https://forms.fbi.gov/check-to-see-i...sing-rogue-DNS

My boss told me that America and Israel got their best internet hackers to make this virus to infiltrate iran's computer base to check for WMD's. But then it got out to computers everywhere. I'm not sure if it's true, but I haven't heard anything about that, and he's been wrong before, so I doubt its true.

I checked my computer last month and I'm in the green.

ALSO: IF YOU HAVE A PHONE THAT CAN CONNECT TO INTERNET, USE THE DNS CHANGER WEBSITE TO CHECK YOUR PHONE'S RESOLUTION AS WELL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla of Duluth View Post
    My boss told me that America and Israel got their best internet hackers to make this virus to infiltrate iran's computer base to check for WMD's. But then it got out to computers everywhere. I'm not sure if it's true, but I haven't heard anything about that, and he's been wrong before, so I doubt its true.
    Actually that was a different virus, but it DOES exist. It's name is stuxnet. That virus basically hid itself and every single time it would come in contact with an external drive or disk it would copy itself onto it. It was made by the US Government in order to get access to and attack Ian's nuclear program. However their computers were completely shut off from the net in any and every way, so an external source like a hard drive, thumb drive, ect was the only way in. The virus would only activate if and when it reached the nuke program. They succeeded too! However it is harmless to all other computers as far as I know.

They actually already arrested the people who made the Internet Doomsday Virus.

What's that really famous virus that made it's way to virtually every computer but no one knows what it does or why it was created? There was a documentary about it.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Well that's good to hear. My boss is a ridiculous activist, he once dragged me off to a protest to walmart about genetically modified corn. So he was adamant that I make sure my computers were clean and all that.
    He also thinks that manatees have long blonde hair for their babies to hang onto and thats how the mermaid myth was created. I've never seen a manatee with long blonde hair, or even hair itself, nor have I ever seen a baby manatee hanging on to its mother while she swims. lol. ANYWAYS

If you go to this link: http://www.dns-ok.us/ it will automatically tell you if you're in the clear or not. I had to go through all the FBI websites to get there because I didn't know the URL.