View Poll Results: What Color Tail Should Ayla Get?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pearly Iridescent White With Fine Glitter Mixed In

32 57.14%
  • Purply Pink Like Ida's Tail

5 8.93%
  • Silver and Gold

10 17.86%
  • Other

9 16.07%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AAAHMAGAD! :D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    If she has a photo of you she might be able to help you come up with good colors. I still love the pink/black/silver combo though
    Well the only photos I have are my grads. And the color from them would be red. But I'm not sure I like red. I might though.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I agree with Spindrift, a pink, black and silver tail sounds like a great idea!

Lol I have 5 different drawings for the black and pink one and two for the silver and gold. I stapled them together and I'm sending them to her with the check tonight. My brain is tired.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Okay, I've done 6 drafts of the purple pink white tail and I finally came up with one that I'm pretty happy with. I think I'm going to give Raven artistic liberty if she thinks she can make it better. I'll upload a picture in a minute.

Name:  IMG_1327.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  69.8 KB

So this is the design I think I'm going to go with. I took out the silver coloring because it misleadingly looked grey unless you held it up to the light. However if Raven finds a nice way to add a little silver into it, I'd be fine with it. what do you guys think? I know its prettymuch like the other picture, but I fixed the fluke colors and touched up the spots. They're supposed to look blended in like the mertailor's blue koi tail. And more circular than splotchy.

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 325
Size:  318.2 KB

Chesapeake Pod
    hey thats neat looking BTW I love the tail in ur sig!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Chesapeake Pod
    whoops O_o ma bad..it's the bottom picture
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

lol that's the mertailor's blue koi tail. originally I was looking for his metallic koi tail, but he must've took it down, i couldn't find it. and i didn't feel like trying to remember which member here has one of his metallic koi tails.

Oh man, you're so lucky! I'm happy for you

I love your design! I really like the pink/purple/black/white palate. Can't wait to see where this leads!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    Just my opinion here, but I am great when it comes to color theory, and none of the colors you mentioned in the poll would complement you according to your information on hair and eye color. If you have reddish tone to your hair and blue eyes, go with a tail that's predominantly green. You could have the pearly white as an accent color fading into a light green to a gorgeous rich emerald. This would make you hair and eyes sparkle with life and be more pronounced. Just my honest opinion, just want to help since this is a HUGE step for you. Congrats! And sorry if someone already suggested this. Blue may also work too btw but would be as dramatic as the green.

green does always look nice on redheads. and blue would look great too. maybe just make the pink & purple greens and blues instead?
    that would look intense, haha.

I am so excited for you! Make sure to post pictures the minute you get your tail!

Lucky you! That's so exciting.
    I do like the sound of the pearly iridescent white with the fine glitter mixed in, I think it would make a nice contrast with you're tanned skin. I don't think I've ever seen a pearly white tail. You'll have to let us know what colours you finally decide on

Well I sent her the sketch for the white/black/purple/pink tail a few weeks ago, but she hasn't been home to work on it so the design is still up in the air. I'm thinking of maybe dying my hair brown because this red is so hard to work with. I just dyed it and it came out bright orange when it should have come out dark strawberry blonde. =,,=

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    You still may want to stay within range of a natural look of something you already posses. Blue grey eyes? Blue grey tail? with some pearl white? I personally went for something that would play up my dark olive skin tone, turquoise, white, gold, complementary in other words. But hey, your a mermaid, your a mythical being, be any darn color you want! Right? lol.

I could always get raven to repaint my tail if I want a different color too.

Lucky girl,I'm happy for you! ^_^

You luck girl you! Hopefully Raven can help you with the colors and design =)
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel