Thread: Doll Collectors!

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar

Doll Collectors!

Well with all honesty aside from being a mermaid i am a Goth girl. I've got to tell you i have seriously fallen in love with Monster High Dolls. It sounds weird and might look even worse because i am 21 years old but these dolls were my dream to have as a kid and now they have them!Dolls i won't rip the limbs off of to make better because the limbs already come off and snap back on! xD
    Awesome sauce

So here are the dolls i currently have. :0

I wanted to make this post so that doll collectors can share pics of their dolls ^^.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    I collect MH too! But, only the ones I like (not all of them, I mean). I have Dawn of the Dance Lagoona Blue and Gloom Beach Frankie Stein.

I also collect asian ball-jointed resin dolls.

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar
    I am hoping to get all of the girls. I really want Frankie stein in black and white but they don't sell it anymore accept on ebay and it's about 200 bucks.

My favorite dolls to collect are vintage Barbie and friends/family(I collect Barbie's from the beginning in 1959 to about the late '80s/early '90s, my personal favorite Barbie family doll/character being Francie, Barbie's small-busted teenage cousin from the '60s and '70s), vintage Topper Dawn(a tiny 6" Barbie-like line from the early '70s), Hasbro Jem(rock star fashion doll of the '80s), Kenner Darci(poseable fashion doll of the late '70s/early '80s), and Hasbro Maxie(teenage fashion doll from the late '80s).
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

i dnt have any dolls...YET! but i love looking at pictures of them and drawing them, specially mermaid dolls. i remember when i 1st heard about monster high on flickr and was counting down the days of the 1st pics to come out with the other doll collectors on there,,,INSTANT LOVE! i love lagoona, clawdeen, clawd, and duece.
    I Believe

In terms of the "toy" dolls: I have some collector dolls but I'm not really a collector. I like them as eye candy though Back when I was a kid my sister and I were trying to collect all of the world dolls- each doll from a different country and in their traditional cultural clothing. We got a lot of them, but not all. I still have all the barbies from my childhood in storage back home as well

In terms of porcelain dolls- every year I get a doll from my parents. My sister gets a snow globe and my brother gets a nutcracker. It's kind of a collection thing but we're not too active about it. I'll love whenever I have a house and therefore room to store and display them!

I think the Monster High line is very creative and interesting, but I personally prefer to collect older dolls, as I like the pop culture history they represent. If any of you find yourself drooling over the clothes while watching Mad Men, I highly recommend Googling vintage Barbie and checking out how well-made and true to the time period the fashions were, even if Barbie collecting isn't your thing.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W