Thread: Mermaid Pay

Mermaid Pay

How much should you charge for a party?

I plan on charging 80 dollars for the first hour and 50 dollars for every hour after that. That's what my friend jack sparrow charges for large events. For small parties like birthday parties, it's 50 an hour but it's negotiable. I'm not sure if that's too cheap, I've heard people say I should charge as much as 300 an hour, or 1,000 per large event.

I suggest you take a look at your local Craigslist to see what other children's entertainers in your area charge. For example what Ayla posted seems to be the standard in my area. When I start entertaining I plan to charge $80 initial plus $40/hour after for dry events and $100 initial plus $40/hour for wet events. Also if I have to drive more than one hour I'm going to charge an extra $15 or $20 per 40 miles.

For me, it all depends on the activities chosen and materials used. For example, I'll charge more for a party where I'm swimming and doing a hairstyle in each girl than I would for a party where I just sit and read a story. If they want mt photographer/mersisstant to take pictures, it costs more but the cost includes a cd of raw pictures taken.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it depends, on what you offer, and where you're located. I know some mermaids in Florida charge 300-400$ a party, and there's no way I could charge that here. Regardless, you should talk to any other mermaids that may be around you so you dont undercut anyone.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I don't do parties as a mermaid yet, but I work for another entertainment company in the area. They charge a specific amount for a character depending on the character Which is usually over double what I get (sometimes triple) but they do provide the costume (usually) and the props/backdrops. As a rule of thumb with them, I usually get paid $50 an hour if I can move freely and $100 an hour if a can not (such as if I have to stand very still during a statue set or if I am locked into a table or something). I know they charge a minimum of 2 hours. So you can get the character for 1 or 2 hours for the same price. After the 2 hours the base price falls for the additional hours cost wise to the customer but not for the performer). It is kinda confusing, but easy for me as a performer to always know how much I am getting. If I were to charge I think I would use my normal pay rate as a base and then rememebr to add in repair costs to maintain your tail.

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

and add in transportation, and a fee for your assistant too

I seem to remember Sirena linked to a great website for calculating an hourly rate for what people should charge

If you can could you find that for me?

If I can find it I will.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

As I'm disabled I'm not allowed to work officially so I can't ask a lot for my gigs So I only ask 20 euro for a day-part (about 4 hours). The costumer do have to provide my transport to and from the place of event to my home, some food and drink and if the place has an entree-price the costumer has to pay mine. I really wish I could do more gigs
    Last edited by Mermaid Fenicia; 11-29-2017 at 02:50 AM.

I believe if you could do more shows i'm pretty sure all of us would have a run for our money!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAliyah View Post
    If you can could you find that for me?
    What's the link
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Star View Post
    I don't do parties as a mermaid yet, but I work for another entertainment company in the area. They charge a specific amount for a character depending on the character Which is usually over double what I get (sometimes triple) but they do provide the costume (usually) and the props/backdrops. As a rule of thumb with them, I usually get paid $50 an hour if I can move freely and $100 an hour if a can not (such as if I have to stand very still during a statue set or if I am locked into a table or something). I know they charge a minimum of 2 hours. So you can get the character for 1 or 2 hours for the same price. After the 2 hours the base price falls for the additional hours cost wise to the customer but not for the performer). It is kinda confusing, but easy for me as a performer to always know how much I am getting. If I were to charge I think I would use my normal pay rate as a base and then rememebr to add in repair costs to maintain your tail.

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3

Thanks

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3