View Poll Results: Vote here for your favorite entry in "Merman Fashion Design":

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mermaid Saphira

1 3.70%
  • Nykur

1 3.70%
  • vallee33

1 3.70%
  • Mermaid Dottie

1 3.70%
  • Mermaid Madeleine

0 0%
  • green52

1 3.70%
  • MermanJV

0 0%
  • Mermaid Celissa

1 3.70%
  • Jinx

3 11.11%
  • vence.micheal.

4 14.81%
  • Kanti

7 25.93%
  • Merman_Shaun

2 7.41%
  • Mermaid Brianna

4 14.81%
  • Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AUGUST MERNETWORK CHALLENGE: MERMAN FASHION DESIGN

Wow I wish I could draw well proportioned people. >.>
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    You can "draw" well-proportioned mermen, for $34 DAZ Studio (Free) + Michael 4 Base ($21) + Lost Realms for M4 ($13)

(Formerly known as Æolius)

That's a really cool picture Aeolius! Yeah once I get rid of this crappy overheating laptop I am using (courtesy of my school's computing program) I will have to look into so many cool programs that I want to learn and missed out on. Did you make that picture? I love the scales!

That's a stock photo from DAZ3D. I haven't rendered any underwater scenes in ages, as my 3D landscape app of choice has problems with my OS of choice. Hopefully MAc OS X 10.8 will fix that.

i do have a few male drawing design's ill be sure to look them up :3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Here is something a merman can use. A small sea chest out of wood to keep his small stuff in. An by the way this is for sale.Name:  001.JPG
Views: 1487
Size:  616.7 KBMy entry

maybe some sort of trident that you can swim with? just an idea....I might do that!
    ~~~~~~~Happy Swimming!!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~The Seagirls (Fiona and Elena)

Check out our YouTube channal!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/626SeaGirls

Mystic Waters will hopefully premier in Fall 2013

Our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheSeaGirls?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by seagirls626 View Post
    maybe some sort of trident that you can swim with? just an idea....I might do that!
    And how about a net to go with the trident? Sometimes, a merman likes to take ... guests to his undersea lair.
    [I][B]What happens underwater, stays underwater...[/B][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Drowning View Post
    And how about a net...

Oh, my mistake.... I misread

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    AEolius you goofball!!! hahahahahahahah maybe Drowning really has a thing for Annette

If you mean something like the curvaceous beach bunny she grew up to become, I'll eagerly drag her under!
    [I][B]What happens underwater, stays underwater...[/B][/I]

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    One design up. Let's see how many I can create before the contest is over!
    As promised, I have not read any posts in this thread save the very first one.
    Name:  scan0003.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  324.6 KB I apologize that my lines aren't very clean, I didn't have a pencil and eraser, and I drew this on the train yesterday.

Edit: I just thought of a question... are we limited as to the number of entries, or can I enter multiple times?
    OR can I submit my entire collection as one entry?
    Last edited by Mermaid Dottie; 07-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    A second design, based off of some mermen's concerns about their "bump", with greek and egyptian influences.
    Name:  knight.jpg
Views: 1469
Size:  207.5 KB
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Name:  120726-222501.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  61.2 KB
    here is my entry!
    This design starts with a crown made of various sized shark teeth and goes to a sash made of netting and a "Avatar" inspired seashell encrusted belt, on the belt is a dagger sheath shaped like a conch shell, on the opposite side of the drawing is the dagger that goes in the sheath. To match the belt are shell encrusted arm cuffs. On the end of the fluke there are snap on pyramid studs that can be attached and detached.The trident is made of stainless steel in the design but pvc might be better for a lighter, and more cost effective alternative, the barbs have curls on the end of them and the ed of the trident is made up of a fake gem or crystal.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    My entry is a how-to for a trident sling. It is braided from paracord, and can be worn across the chest. A trident or other tool attaches to clips that snap on, allowing a merman to swim without constantly holding a trident.

I envision this in two styles. One possibility is more costume-oriented: it includes plastic leaves to give the impression that its made of kelp, and is made to hold prop tridents. The other is realistic and practical. The strap is allowed to look like exactly what it is made of, and can be used for carrying a spear-fishing trident while free diving.

I made it in gold because I had the materials available, but it'd look best in a cool color, particularly green.

Its not clear from these images, but those clips snap around the trident tightly, so that it won't slip out, but one can reach back and simply pull the trident free without sliding it out. More detail is in the PDF.

A sketch:

Name:  sketch.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  18.3 KB

The finished product, with a broom handle in place of a trident:

Name:  trident sling.gif
Views: 1490
Size:  88.1 KB

And here is the link to the PDF how to:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?xh7r2znazmeqt2u

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Yeah! "Stunned-silence" is RIGHT!

Hahaha. I really do like the idea of a trident sling. It makes sense. Why would you not want to keep your hands free while swimming? Will it get in the way (like your legs will hit the trident) while you swim though, or is it just a dry prop?

Okay well I'm gonna do some of my own designs, but I just read something that reminded me of this...

For some reason I've always loved the body armor they wore in Terra Nova seen here:
    Name:  TerraNovaInline_1323750707.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  63.7 KB
    Maybe there's a way to take just that top main armor part (obviously not the pants and gun and etc haha) and make it into a swim friendly version? I mean for a more modern, badass warrior merman maybe ^.^

I might draw up some ideas on how to do that later along with my own designs I'm excited, I've been on a costume design craze lately ^.^
    Mermaid Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    A second design, based off of some mermen's concerns about their "bump", with greek and egyptian influences.
    Name:  knight.jpg
Views: 1469
Size:  207.5 KB
    This is VERY gorgeous. <3 I love it. It would go nicely with the design I just finished....

Would you have any qualms with me attempting to make it at some point.?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    One design up. Let's see how many I can create before the contest is over!
    As promised, I have not read any posts in this thread save the very first one.
    Name:  scan0003.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  324.6 KB I apologize that my lines aren't very clean, I didn't have a pencil and eraser, and I drew this on the train yesterday.

Edit: I just thought of a question... are we limited as to the number of entries, or can I enter multiple times?
    OR can I submit my entire collection as one entry?
    My only concern with this, how would the collar stand up on it's own? It's gorgeous, and I'd love something similar to it.