Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRF

TRF

Is anyone else counting down the weeks?? I was wondering if I could get some sort of head count of how many of you lovely mers will be in a close enough proximity to make it out this year?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    what's TRF?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I do not know what TRF is either.

Texas Renaissance Festival lol...anyone in Texas should be familiar with it.

It should be another fun year. I have my season tickets ready. Hopefully the weather will not be as crazy hot this year.

Count me in on your head count. I have no idea what weekends I will be there yet, but I will be there several times.

Closing weekend wasn't bad last year. I plan to go more often this year. Last season was my first....but it was also my first time to Texas. I flew down just for that (and meeting my soon to be in laws). lol
    I hear they're only doing comp tickets on Sundays this year.

The one in Bristol, right? I think it's the biggest Renfaire in the US. I think the one in Crownsville, Maryland is second biggest? Maybe? The one in Maryland is the only one I've been to so far (until this August! - going to try for Sterling).
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

yup. biggest in the conus.

Lyna,

Can you recommend anyone who makes good leather armor that won't cost more than my car?
    [I][B]What happens underwater, stays underwater...[/B][/I]

hahaha i'm not sure about in texas....i've only been down there a couple rtimes so far.
    my friend lily monster meat does chain mail, and her husband does leather...i think it's meatwerx.com. but they are fairly specialized in the style that they do. sorry i can't be of more help, but i'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks! I'm usually at Bay Area RF in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyna View Post
    hahaha i'm not sure about in texas....i've only been down there a couple rtimes so far.
    my friend lily monster meat does chain mail, and her husband does leather...i think it's meatwerx.com. but they are fairly specialized in the style that they do. sorry i can't be of more help, but i'll keep my eyes open.
    [I][B]What happens underwater, stays underwater...[/B][/I]

I've got a group going this year! Can't wait!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

sweet! i can't wait to meet my new pod! move date is tentatively set for 6 weeks from now.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Where in Texas is it going to be?

Ft Hood mostly and Houston often. Probably one weekend a month, plus all vacations and holidays.

I made my move to Houston about the same time last year, Lyna. I hope it isn't as hot and miserable for you (Ha! This is Texas, who am I kidding?). Good luck with your move in the meantime.

It sounds like we should try to plan a mini-meet up at the festival.

yes definitely. my husband is from houston so i have friends and family there waiting...hence the back and forth. i'm from california...so you'd think i should be used to the heat, but ive been up in ny on the canadian border for so many years now...i'm sure i've climatized to a much colder region than i'd like to admit.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    I was going to go this year with my boyfriend but life happened. Savings had to be used for more important things. Luckily I will be done with school this year and I will be able to go next year since I will have more time for several jobs.
    I hope you mers that are going will have fun and be safe!!

well next time hun! i'm sure i'll be there every year for a few years at least.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of Texas
    Pod of the Great Lakes

I am definitely going to try to make it out.
    I will be missing my home Faire in MN, so hoping to check out my new home!

Is there a day that everyone tries to get out there together?