Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Winter Swim Meet Up!

Talking Mid-Winter Swim Meet Up!

I was going to wait to post about this, but I'm already SO excited about it!!

I'd like to have a swimming/wet meet up in the middle of winter, when I know we'll all be itching to go swimming! There is a pool on base in Silverdale 10 minutes from my place that has a huge pool. It can be rented out for $50 an hour for up to 25 swimmers! It has lap lanes, a rec swimming area with a slide, and a diving pool that's 13 ft deep! We could probably even take the lap lane dividers down and just have one huge main pool (I believe it's 3-6 ft from one end of the pool to the other), and you can swim under the divider to the diving pool to get to it- so no need to get out of tail to get to the deepest part.

So this obviously depends on if enough people are interested to split the cost. I'd like 2-3 hours of swim time if possible. Payment would be due from everyone before the reservation is made. There are locker rooms and showers to get cleaned up after of course.

After you guys are welcome at my apartment for hang out time! We can order in or go out and get some food, depending on how much money people are comfortable spending for this whole thing (I know driving up can be expensive).

So yeah! First step first, what month would be good? I'm thinking either November or February. December tends to be crazy busy for most, and Jan I'm hoping to be able to visit my family back home in WV. Give me your input!
    Last edited by Winged Mermaid; 07-31-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo

I think it is a great idea!!!

How much chlorine is in this pool? I am very sensitive to the smell of chlorine. If it's heavily chlorinated, I'll opt out. Is it a good pool for water-walking or leg lifts?
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

As chlorinated as any other pool, not overly so in my opinion. You can smell it as you go in, after all it's an indoor pool so the smell lingers. As far as water walking, the whole far left side of the pool is about 3-4 ft deep.

As chlorinated as any other pool? Sigh, that doesn't sound good. Most public pools are pretty heavily so in my opinion. I probably won't attend.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

So its on base? I have to get registered for school first so I can go renew my mil ID.

It is on base, but as long as you have some kind of ID (a state ID card, drivers license, ect) and the person driving the car on has military ID and stickers for the car, then they said it won't be a problem. Depending on how many people are coming and how many people have those (I don't think anyone else coming does though) we may have to make a few trips to get everyone on base. We can always have the people who won't fit in one approved car drive up in one or two other vehicles. Then they can park in a nearby lot (like a gas station or fast food place or something) and we can drive the approved car back and forth till everyone is on. That way the "ferrying" process will be as short as possible. A little complicated yes, but well worth it for the pool!

Oh, I know. I was meaning if I would need to drive a second vehicle. I can fit 4 besides myself.

If you have ID and military stickers on your vehicle that would be great!

Yep! My dad is retired so I've got dependent status. I do have to enroll in school and renew my id on my birthday though since I'm turning 21.

All over this like a dirty shirt.

DIRTY.
    SHIRT.
    Follow me as I start my journey to become Mermaid Bjossa...
    http://becomingbjossa.blogspot.com/

I totally read that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raayvhen View Post
    I totally read that wrong.
    Hahahah!
    Follow me as I start my journey to become Mermaid Bjossa...
    http://becomingbjossa.blogspot.com/

Re: Mid-Winter Swim Meet Up!

I would sooo love this!
    I haven't been in deep water all year!
    I'll have to see if I can afford and make it.
    Really sucks everyone isn't closer lol
    Looks like a 3hr drive for me :/
    Definitely want to go though!!! ^_^

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

I would love to come out to this! Does it matter if I'm from Canada? Also, how long of a drive would it be from the boarder (Vancouver)? I would be so excited to meet up with everyone!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I'm totally up for it!
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer View Post
    I would love to come out to this! Does it matter if I'm from Canada? Also, how long of a drive would it be from the boarder (Vancouver)? I would be so excited to meet up with everyone!
    Nope! In fact you may be able to car pool with other Canadian mers, as they tend to do for trips down here Google maps says a little over 4 hours.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Where exactly is the swim meet up?
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

This sounds so fun then! I'm super excited!