Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Vent about your health

Hi, I understand your situation Misty and Sunset. Depression really drains energy and makes it difficult for you to work normally. It even add to one's stress and anxiety. My way of handling it before made me feel better. I've read that an omega fatty 3 acids to be included in our diet really help. Other habits of negative thinking must be avoided. We must focus ourselves to other things that makes us busy like going out with friends or doing things that you are happy about. Foremost, we should get enough sleep and exercise.

I finally found a solution after speaking to a close friend. We'll be doing different things on our mutual day off.

I just really hate the lack of energy and certainty in myself when those downswings hit. It is always hard to be positive when it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Nereid View Post
    I finally found a solution after speaking to a close friend. We'll be doing different things on our mutual day off.

I just really hate the lack of energy and certainty in myself when those downswings hit. It is always hard to be positive when it hits.
    Well, doing some great things that you are interested about is such a very good idea. That solution will help you a lot. I'm hoping you'll be fine soon.

The other thing is to give up smoking - that comes from my personal experience.
    I knew that vaporizers were around for some time, but I just couldn't do it could turkey; I've never tried vape or e-cigs.
    So, half a year ago I finally bought me an e-cig (I purchased it online, you can also buy pod starter kit http://mygadget.us/) and I could finally give up smoking tobacco! That was a huge relief not only for me, but also for my close ones :b
    They couldn't stand the tobacco smoke... And now I feel MUCH better, really.
    So if you smoke tobacco and have regular headaches, there's something to think about...
    Last edited by falca; 07-02-2019 at 07:52 AM.

This is a neat concept

Most of my health concerns are mental/emotional health. I have PTSD and depression coming from a lifetime of abuse. Recently, somewhat thanks to my boyfriend, I realized a lot of my problems come from the fact that I don’t love myself because of my past, and the negative beliefs I adopted or were forced on me.

It’s very frustrating and confusing most of the time. I’d slip back into my old way of thinking and living, especially when things are bad. I’d see people my age or younger, who didn’t have histories like mine, succeed where I still fail. I’d hate myself for things that aren’t really all my fault.

I’m not really sure how to love myself better. I’ve read stuff about mental health, and I’d been in therapy for years; it’s still a struggle. But I made a promise that I was going to really try.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Ma ki ga walphish irs ar ciel~

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Minor complaint, I almost feel silly venting here, but... Recently I went to the dentist for a cleaning for the first time in years. Surprisingly, I had no cavities, seems like I used to get them all the time back when I went to the dentist regularly. I suspect that my old dentist lied about me having cavities but I have no way of proving that. Anyway, I did have another problem, and this is all my fault... For years I've been grinding my teeth at night, I was supposed to be wearing a mouth guard but I was just "whatever" about it. New dentist tells me that my teeth are worn down flat and I really have to start wearing them! Yikes! I'm only 26, I didn't think they'd wear down so quickly! Of course I'm diligent about my mouth guard now, but I'm mad at myself for letting it get like this.

If you vape and have worries about your health OR just want to know more, I recommend checking out vapingdaily.com blog. They have a lot of useful articles on the matter of vaping, it's fun to be the part of this community.
    Honestly, I find it really amazing that they not only cover all the products and stuff, but make researches on not so common discussed topics among vapers, including health.

Ugh, when I get health insurance again I'm gonna see a doctor about my periods. They leave me out of commission for a day, sometimes two, it's so miserable. The fluid loss makes me weak, I get horrible cramps and soreness, and I get nausea, among other problems. I get all of the well-known period problems and a bunch that health class doesn't tell you about. I went to a doctor about it in high school (or maybe college) and he said this sort of stuff was normal but I'd like to get a second opinion. Stupid uterus, I don't even want kids, lol.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    So I recently found out I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Raynauld’s Syndrome, and early onset Sjögren’s Disease. What the heck does this mean for my future in mermaiding if limited sunlight is a must??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Kaila Mermaid~

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaila Mermaid View Post
    What the heck does this mean for my future in mermaiding if limited sunlight is a must??
    be a nocturnal mer!

If moving is an option, northern regions are often dim and foggy even during the day.
    (cold waters, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    be a nocturnal mer!

If moving is an option, northern regions are often dim and foggy even during the day.
    (cold waters, though)
    I am already for the most part! Just makes kids parties and events difficult, especially Renn Faire

~Kaila Mermaid~

My fingers got broken about a month ago. I can take the splints off now but because of the damage to my fingernails, I still can't get my hand wet. So, there goes my primary exercise for a while.

I've got ADHD and my doctor prescribed me Adderall. I screwed it up and now I've got anxiety attacks. I've read here https://addictionresource.com/drugs/adderall-addiction/ it's one of the side effects. Did anyone have such problem? How long did it take to get rid of it?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 5 years ago, had depression since my early 20's, I'm nearly 42 now and anxiety since about 5 years ago when we had awful neighbours for a year and just hasn't gone away. Mermaiding is one of the best things I've ever done, yes I'm absolutely tired and hurting after a swim but well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

I’m currently dealing with undiagnosed heath problems. One day I felt healthy and fine and the very next I was unbelievably exhausted. To the point where simply thinking was unbearable. But that’s just the most prominent symptom. Any time I stand up my head swims and threatens loss of consciousness, working out (which for the past 7 years of my life has been the most enjoyable and gratifying activity for me) causes me to become nauseous and faint, I developed motor tics as though I have touretts, my eyes glaze in and out of focus if I don’t expend enough energy and focus of the act of seeing, not to mention a descent into depression due to the sudden decline of my health, career and social life.
    A week later my sister also began showing the same symptoms as me.
    Now 6 months and countless doctors visits later and we still have no answers. Everyone we’ve been to see has said “everything looks totally healthy” probably the most hurtful and annoying thing to hear when you’ve never felt so unhealthy in your life.
    We have better days and worse days and some days that are simply manageable but I still want to know what is wrong so I know what steps to take to begin feeling ok again.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    phantom: there are a number of insidious infections (which are really hard to find and diagnose for most physicians) which can cause all of your symptoms, but since your sister seems to have something similar, please check out your living conditions asap.
    There could be a poisoning going on- whether it's from inhalation, ingestion or some other exposure.
    Check all your food, water, substances you both are exposed to, and your house for potential hazards!

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    phantom: there are a number of insidious infections (which are really hard to find and diagnose for most physicians) which can cause all of your symptoms, but since your sister seems to have something similar, please check out your living conditions asap.
    There could be a poisoning going on- whether it's from inhalation, ingestion or some other exposure.
    Check all your food, water, substances you both are exposed to, and your house for potential hazards!
    Those was my thoughts as well. Mold particularly.
    We’ve looked into all those things. We have even (by chance) moved house since our symptoms have begun and have yet to see any changes.
    We haven’t stopped looking for answers but it seems every time we find something that fits something else comes up that doesn’t match.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    it's weird for sure, but it could be something else than mold in the house.
    Like some piece of inventory which you took along, which might be emanating toxic fumes or somesuch.
    We had a carpet at one point which didn't even smell too bad, but it made all of us ill.
    Same can go for furniture (treated with chemicals).

If you've checked everything already; have you and your sister had any tick/insect bites?
    or maybe swum in the same natural body of water?

Well to make things better my white cell count is over 11000 and I now also have Graves Disease.. can my list stop yet?

~Kaila Mermaid~