Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent about your health

There's a blood test for Celiacs, try going gluten free for a week (that's how I self diagnosed them got the blood test just to be sure)

Sent from my Shellphone using Tapatalk
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I've thought of celiacs, but I don't think that's it, because I've been eating gluten free for a long time already.
    I only started eating gluten (noodles, bread) during the last few months when I was trying to gain weight.

At least I can rule out nasties like giardia and tapeworms, thanks to the metronidazole my doctors flooded me with

Just started my second pack of Birth control. Honestly feeling like shit. Breaking out isn't fun either.
    So I'm gonna see if my husband is actually infertile or not. We're booking two appointments. One for my birth control, second for a fertility test.
    Main reason why I suspect he's infertile is because we've been sexually active for 8 years. No birth control or protection. (Stupid I know.) and no pregnancy scare. Like what are the chances?
    So if he is infertile, yay no birth control for me and I go back to a non acne ridden face. If he is well then I pick having no babies over having a pretty face.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    SeaGlass Siren, there are so many options out there if those specific pills aren't working for you. Most doctors will tell you to try any brand for three months so your body gets used to it, but if that time passes and you're still feeling sick/breaking out, there are plenty of other types as well as iuds, implanon, the depo shot, etc. It's really fantastic how many options us women have nowadays. (:

(Though it sure would be convenient if your man turns out to be shooting blanks! (; )

Sea glass you have the exact opposite problem we had. I come from the stock of 'sexy man on tv? Boom pregnant' people. My merling (ods) was a pill failure baby, and the twins were conceived through the pill and spermicide foam. I ended up getting a tubal to prevent another spontaneous twin pregnancy

Sent from my Shellphone using Tapatalk
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Meronica I might have to go with the patch if the pill doesn't work out. It would be really convenient if he shot blanks tho.
    Phaylenn that sounds like an interesting story :0 how'd that happen?

Side note: now I've caught the flu. Damn it

The hubby and I spent last night in our local hospital ER for my recurring colon torsion. Fifth ER visit for this in the past three years. Bleh! Grateful no surgery was required, though.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

My insurance denied my TENS unit.

Guess I'll just walk around with sprained ribs until I can afford to go buy one.

I'm 13 and all of my issues are just drama in everyone's eyes. But what they don't know is I'm hopped up on anti-depressants and breathing machines and anti-biotics all the fucking time and it really upsets me when people say "oh Jordyn can't run the mile because she is fat and out of shape" WELL LISTEN HERE SWEETIE I CANT RUN THE MILE BECAUSE I HAVE A LUNG DISORDER SO UNLESS YOU WANT GO CALL THE AMBULANCE WHEN I CAN'T BREATHE BE MY GUEST!!!! I don't have athsma (whoops I have no clue how to spell that) which means it can't be treated the same and I look like a drama queen when I'm flopping on the ground like a fish out of water. I didn't know my anxiety or my breathing patterns or my OCD would get in the way of my life this much. I'm going to share something with you guys that is very very personal to me. I have attempted suicide 3 times because of being teased for my problems. I guess I'm just an over dramatic 13 year old right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://theho0d.tumblr.com/
    “Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
    Roald Dahl

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mer-gal's Avatar
    I understand you girl! I am 14, and apparently whenever I get upset at something that seems silly to other people I am hormonal and it doesn't matter.

Example: Before break a girl called me cancerous. (You need to know I am totally incapable of standing up for myself.) She has said lots of other mean things to me, but this really stuck out because my grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer, my friend grandma just died from breast cancer, and when I was in the sixth grade I had a lump on my head removed which was described as cancerous. It is called a vascular anomaly, it.

I told my friends and they just laughed at me, and told me to stop over reacting. EVEN THE ONE WHO'S GRANDMA DIED!!!! Honestly, this is why I struggle with people. They seem to just turn around and stab you in the back.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Aika's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Jordyn View Post
    I'm 13 and all of my issues are just drama in everyone's eyes. But what they don't know is I'm hopped up on anti-depressants and breathing machines and anti-biotics all the fucking time and it really upsets me when people say "oh Jordyn can't run the mile because she is fat and out of shape" WELL LISTEN HERE SWEETIE I CANT RUN THE MILE BECAUSE I HAVE A LUNG DISORDER SO UNLESS YOU WANT GO CALL THE AMBULANCE WHEN I CAN'T BREATHE BE MY GUEST!!!! I don't have athsma (whoops I have no clue how to spell that) which means it can't be treated the same and I look like a drama queen when I'm flopping on the ground like a fish out of water. I didn't know my anxiety or my breathing patterns or my OCD would get in the way of my life this much. I'm going to share something with you guys that is very very personal to me. I have attempted suicide 3 times because of being teased for my problems. I guess I'm just an over dramatic 13 year old right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-gal View Post
    I understand you girl! I am 14, and apparently whenever I get upset at something that seems silly to other people I am hormonal and it doesn't matter.

Example: Before break a girl called me cancerous. (You need to know I am totally incapable of standing up for myself.) She has said lots of other mean things to me, but this really stuck out because my grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer, my friend grandma just died from breast cancer, and when I was in the sixth grade I had a lump on my head removed which was described as cancerous. It is called a vascular anomaly, it.

I told my friends and they just laughed at me, and told me to stop over reacting. EVEN THE ONE WHO'S GRANDMA DIED!!!! Honestly, this is why I struggle with people. They seem to just turn around and stab you in the back.
    Sorry about that girls, I hope it gets better for both of you. Mer-hugs!

Girls, high school was the hardest part of my life by far. Between 12 and 17, I was constantly being rejected, bullied, made fun of for being overweight and/or stupid, and had no "close" friends. I wasn't allowed to be involved in extra-curricular activities (and got kicked off of the swim team and a few clubs) because my parents didn't want to drive me from school to home. When I got back from school, they worked me to the bone and abused me. By that point, I had been diagnosed with severe clinical depression, but no meds seemed to work for me. I used to cut myself on a regular basis; I overdosed twice on sleeping pills. I ended up graduating high school with a 1.8 GPA.

High school was never meant to be easy. It's there to prepare you for the future.

Life actually gets easier after high school if you were the ones that DIDN'T fit in. All of the ones who did, will find themselves completely lost once they get to college. I actually graduated college with a 3.8 GPA- all because I lived away from home, and because college is nothing like high school.

As many here can attest, the workforce itself is just an adult version of high school, complete with cliques, teasing/rejection, favoritism, etc. And this time, it affects your pay and your performance. At the same time, by this point, you learn to have a super-thick skin to things like this- all thanks to high school.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Vent about your health

In better know! I am 4 months since my last suicide attempt and 7 weeks clean from cutting

Last edited by Mermaid_Jordyn; 12-29-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Roald Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Jordyn View Post
    I guess I'm just an over dramatic 13 year old right?
    No, overdramatic is a 22 year old guy hugging a teddy bear and crying under a playground slide because when he invites his best friends to sit with him during a concert they go somewhere else. At least thats what my friends say.

Luckly for all of us we do have a group we fit in, and that is here on this forum. My clinic is going to soon be starting a group where people with depression our age can meet and discuss stuff and feel less lonely. My parents believe that discussing your depression is taboo because of the bad stigma, but I am very open about it because I want people to know they are not alone.
    Last edited by Merman Chatfish; 12-29-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    As many here can attest, the workforce itself is just an adult version of high school, complete with cliques, teasing/rejection, favoritism, etc. And this time, it affects your pay and your performance. At the same time, by this point, you learn to have a super-thick skin to things like this- all thanks to high school.

I can indeed attest to this. Last summer there were a few nights I left work crying, and I was the one in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-gal View Post
    Were they mostly boys? Boys tend to attibute everything about women to hormones.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer2002 View Post
    Were they mostly boys? Boys tend to attibute everything about women to hormones.
    Women do, too My mom has been accusing me of being constantly hormonal for the past fifteen years. She's never been able to accept that I'm just a cranky person.

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Women do, too My mom has been accusing me of being constantly hormonal for the past fifteen years. She's never been able to accept that I'm just a cranky person.
    "You're a woman now die" the wise words of hazel grace Lancaster in the fault in our stars

Roald Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Well cranky is a personality trait which is based on brain wiring and data sent thru the brain is based on electrical signals in the neuron, and between neurons based on chemical signals, which is a mix of different hormons, so personality (crankiness) is just a funny constant hormonal mix. *tenses up and wait for Theta to punch me at my joke*

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mer-gal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer2002 View Post
    Actually they were and are mostly woman.
    My parents are the only ones who seem to understand when I tell them I am being bullied, or when I tell them about things that have happened. My dad even more than my mom.