Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent about your health

Thanks! Right now my head isn't hurting. So of course the first thing I do is swim to MerNetwork. haha.

But I think I might have figured out the problem myself, which I of course will check with the doctor. I'm going to need allergy tests and then if my suspicions are correct, my life is going to have to change in a way that I never thought it would. But. At least I can fix it.

If I'm wrong, back to the drawing board.

I ate something bad and now I have food poisoning .. Have been in the toilet incessantly because of diahrea every 30 minutes
    now because immune system is down from food poisoning my younger sister has gotten me sick. Head pounding and my nose is congested and throat is itchy.
    And - I'm on my period. Lovely.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    I ate something bad and now I have food poisoning .. Have been in the toilet incessantly because of diahrea every 30 minutes
    now because immune system is down from food poisoning my younger sister has gotten me sick. Head pounding and my nose is congested and throat is itchy.
    And - I'm on my period. Lovely.
    Nom on some charcoal tablets. You don't need prescription for them, can buy at the local chemist over the counter. They soak up the toxins in your gut so that... er... How to explain it so that its not so disgusting??
    You'll be fine in a day or two.

So that I can poop better?
    The SeaGlass Siren

Ugh, I know that feel. I suffer from fibromyalgia and a form of dysautonomia that makes me dizzy and exhausted CONSTANTLY and causes me to faint from time to time if I don't monitor it (and sometimes even when I do) and then some sort of stomach issue that's undiagnosed...I know I'm allergic to gluten and red meat but I still get stomach aches every day. And then I have bipolar which I'm treated for but I still have little mini depressive episodes normally brought on by my health issues. I can no longer work and it's a source of stress for me. We just gotta remember how strong we are and keep pushing forward...but it's ok to feel upset and vent sometimes. We all have those days, lord knows I do...

Ick, I've never had food poisoning but it sounds horrible! My sister has had it a few times, and I have one friend who must make questionable food choices because she's had food poisoning at least twice yearly for the many years I've known her.

I woke up without a migraine today. omg. So I've decided to be lazy- I'll do the dishes and clean the kitchen and other needed things later. No pain... no migraine-induced shivers, no numbness in my face, no vomiting, no need for absolute quiet and darkness... my daughter is only four and just an amazing kid. She is so cooperative when she knows mama has a migraine, and she stays so quiet. I had my bf and my mom come over to play with her while I laid around in pain. And when you have a kid, and a migraine, you have to do the mothering anyway of course! So you do and then it gets worse but... my daughter comes first even when I'm in pain.

I understand the health-triggered depression, Ophelia. I've had major depression since I was 9, more around when I was 14, and was diagnosed later, but yep. Waking up day after day in pain means fighting the suicidal urges much more than usual, which is already a lot. I'm used to it, but even I find myself seriously thinking bad bad things more than usual when I've been in a migraine for a week or more. And I have to catch it, and remind myself it's not only the depression lying, it's the migraine in cahoots.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    My stomach is aching, trying to figure out what I've eaten to cause the ache. I've pretty much given up gluten due to IBS. I've been asleep for most of the day and most of the night last night. Now I feel strange.

Maybe it's not something you ate? Could be you're fighting a stomach bug?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    I hate having SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) The anti-depression medication makes me feel better emotionally, but I keep catching myself clamping my jaw tightly to the point that when I open my mouth, my jaw hurts. I'm honestly surprised that I haven't cracked or broken a tooth from clamping down so hard.
    But if I forget to take my medication, I don't clench, but my moods are severely affected.
    I feel like I'm a lose lose situation.
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I recognise the signs for a flare up, although I am feeling a lot better now.

It's very heartening to me to know I'm not the only mermaid struggling to be alive and functional. I often think I am asking too much, to try and be a mermaid and be sick, even though my heart says I am a mermaid, but it helps me to know I am not the only one. Thank you to all of you for sharing with us and helping us all get through it.
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

I had my doctor appointment today. Of course, I had no migraine, either. Because the thing you go to see the doctor for... it's like when your computer is wonky UNTIL you call the IT person in. lol

I have developed an allergy that is not common but not rare, and often only happens to people when they are overexposed to this particular nutrient in lab form. In other words, usually people who develop with this allergy do because they receive huge doses of the vitamin in shots, because of illnesses that prevent them from absorbing it. Unfortunately, my bizarrely sensitive system took what would not have bothered almost anyone else- everyday fortified foods and a daily supplement (one doctors recommended I take!) and turned me allergic to it.

The doc took three vials of blood for various tests.

The allergy might be responsible for the headaches, because I keep finding I've accidentally imbibed or eaten this damn additive- a type of B12 that is in like every fortified thing ever. I finally got it out of my system totally a few days ago, and it's possible that is why I had no headache today.

I also might be getting migraines from a deficiency, which has never been a problem in my life until this allergy- I'm vigilant, and I worked my way to pretty healthy from a lifetime of illness, so my numbers in blood tests are always ideal. I just do not think they will be this time.

The problem is, since I am allergic to this, if I have a deficiency, I am probably allergic to the other forms of the vitamin, and since I'm also allergic to antihistamines (I KNOW), this is all risky. I have to find out of more tests can be done about that.

And if the blood doesn't reveal anything, I'm to see a neurologist because, as the doc said, "Migraines don't last for two weeks. Those are not migraines."

If the blood does reveal a deficiency, the solution is one which is something I'll have to do but dear gods I do not want to because it is an anathema to how I've lived my life and how I have formed my identity. Sorry to be vague, but just because I know I have to make a change doesn't make it easy.

TL;DR: My body sucks and is betraying me again.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I'm so sorry to hear this.

The last 2 days, I had a migraine too. I can still feel it lurking in the underground, ready to resurface
    I am allergic to so many things I don't really know what could have caused it.

I've had migraines after certain herbal teas, garlic, raw onions, and bleedings with stomach aches after having fruits or fruit juice.
    Then again, sometimes I ingested these and did NOT have anything.

so it might be the stuff victuals are "treated" with that are causing the problems-
    mold-killers, insectkillers, fungicides, whatever.
    I'm best if I drink only water

Honestly, I've gotten to that point, too. Anything but water tends to trigger a headache these days, and those almost always turn into migraines.

I have one now, big surprise. It's not as much in my eyes so I'm online for now.

I also have started putting sea salt into my water. Just a little. A friend of mine who's a really good, caring acupuncturist, linked me to a study about sodium levels being low in many migraine sufferers, and since I'm not one to use a lot of salt on food, I thought, heck why not.

Plus, how mermaidy of me.

But I'll get sodium levels back with the results from all the blood they took.

Caltuna, I hope your headache fades soon.

Waiting for blood test results. It's like being a space-time warp where time moves more slowly just for that.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Today, my head was ok, so I went swimming.

And- surprise surprise- managed to bump my head swimming backwards into the pool edge full speed.
    yay me.
    concussion, nausea, vertigo and hedaches for the rest of the day.
    hopefully it gets better tomorrow, I've so no desire to see the hospital again.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I hate wacking my head underwater it is scary

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel

Vent about your health

*screech* I lost breath hold time I had it at 1:45 but I got ski and couldn't practice for like a month and now back to a minute. ((

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MerHopefully View Post
    *screech* I lost breath hold time I had it at 1:45 but I got ski and couldn't practice for like a month and now back to a minute. ((

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk
    Do you mean "sick" or did you really go skiing and forget about your breath holds?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    -_- dag gum autocorrect. yes. sick XD