Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ren Faire Armed Robery!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MerAnthony View Post
    Well if your worried about somebody breaking into your house get a BIG dog and let the dog do the work.
    I have a small dog... but she lets us know if there's a freaking gopher in the yard, anything bigger and she's freaking out. Turkeys in the yard? She sounds like they're out to get us. Deer in the yard? All hell's breaking loose. We live in the middle of nowhere (woop-woop, LOL), so on the rare occasion someone shows up she's not expecting (aka, people trying to get us to go to church), it's pretty ridiculous.

I'm sooo not a gun person LOL, tried a few at a range and it was just totally not my thing. However, there are knives of varying sizes and machetes hidden all over the house, as well as a few bows (I love bows and arrows! Just not guns!) and my blowgun and hunting darts But uh, yeah, everyone else was talking about defense, so I had to too, LOL.

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

So it sounds like the people handling the cash in the organizer's tents should have been packing crossbows? Maybe halberds

LOL Maybe next year they'll dig a moat around the tent where the cash is held, and prepare a platform over the entrance to pour boiling oil down on the heads of any miscreants?
    Last edited by AptaMer; 08-10-2013 at 12:13 PM.

The Renn. Fairs around here have people who train in hand-to-hand as well as swords and other weapons. But yeah, that's just not cool. :|