Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Accessories! <3

So a little while ago, I posted on Facebook that I was selling an old pair of unicorn hoofboots and a tail, because I couldn't wear the boots anymore and they just sat in my closet all the time, and I never went out to play the faun character I used to anymore. One of my friends who makes awesome chainmaille and leatherworking gear for her LARPing group ("Live Action Role Play" for those who aren't familiar) offered to trade some custom maille/leatherwork for the set, and we decided to settle on some custom mermaid bracers to match my tail (which is still currently in the works!)

They aren't done yet, but I just got the first WIP pictures of the base and I AM IN LOVE!

Name:  Mermaid Bracers WIP 1.png
Views: 488
Size:  446.8 KB

There's going to be some white, gold and purple scales attached over the leather (save for the fin) and the fin is going to be painted a pearly white base so I can paint it to match my tail when I get it. The bracers are going to be dry-use only (obviously leather and aluminum scales are not a good combo for water... XD), and I'm so excited to see how the final bracers come out!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Awesome!!

Working on a secret project that some Mers might be interested in commissioning! It's going to be released before the merkinis.

Done! Sequin MerNecklaces! Can be customized to your tail colors and can have 2-5 rows! I did this one in the colors I'm using for my sequin tail.. I'm really excited about this. I feel like they would go with any type of tail from fabric to realistic. I'd love to make some for other mers to help fund my sequin and latex tails....

Last edited by Raayvhen; 08-04-2014 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Holy giant images Merman!

Really like that style! I've never seen a sequin necklace like that. That's so pretty on you. <3

What a great idea, Raayvhen! Ilyena, I love the armband and the sea slug!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

That's so adorabubble, Raayvhen!

Thanks everyone! I really want to make more!

I just got a tiara this weekend! It won't be any good for swimming, because it doesn't actually clip into my hair, but it has pearls and I love it. I'll mostly end up using it for dry events and photos.

They didn't show up well in the photo, but my earrings are resin filled, silver backed nautilus shell halves.

OMG! I am so super happy that I was able to get a second chance at getting the matching necklace!

YAY! The set is complete!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlChris View Post
    I just got a tiara this weekend! It won't be any good for swimming, because it doesn't actually clip into my hair, but it has pearls and I love it. I'll mostly end up using it for dry events and photos.

They didn't show up well in the photo, but my earrings are resin filled, silver backed nautilus shell halves.
    YAY for Tiaras!

So, you guys remember that WIP pic I posted of the dry mermaid bracers I'm getting from a friend?

GUESS WHAT WAS FINISHED TODAY??

Name:  Merbracers!.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  51.2 KB

They look so pretty, I can't wait to see how they look in person! <3

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel

Hopefully this isn't fuzzy but look! I made a new top for myself! I hand sewed on tons of beads and junk and altered the straps to fit better. Yay!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Those bracers are awesome Tieri!!
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    So, you guys remember that WIP pic I posted of the dry mermaid bracers I'm getting from a friend?

Cute! They remind me of Toothless form How to train your dragon. =D

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post

Does your friend practice Witchcraft?? Those are drop-dead amazing!
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

I know, right? She's like some sort of freaking armor-crafting sorceress. The stuff she can do with chainmaille and leather is incredible!

These bracers especially blew me away because, as far as I know, she's only been leatherworking for maybe a couple of months at the absolute most! I literally cannot get over how gorgeous these are and am itching to start wearing them to my Western Martial Arts sessions. <3

Such beautiful works of art in here! I'm jealous. My pieces aren't nearly as fancy, but I whipped up something new last night that I plan to wear with my tail. I'm happy with it. =3

Name:  NFv1pNA.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  35.3 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Margo; 08-10-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Etsy || Facebook || ModelMayhem || Tumblr || Instagram

Formerly known as Sea-Glass-Siren

Made some new stuff and added it to my etsy!

Love the seahorse earrings!

Here's another necklace I just made, a choker:
    Attachment 23262

Etsy || Facebook || ModelMayhem || Tumblr || Instagram

Formerly known as Sea-Glass-Siren