Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HOW WAS MERPALOOZA

Wyndham was ok but the food choices on site were not so good... not alot of choices for those of us with special diets. Rooms(beds) were pretty nice. I do admit when you called for towels they were there in a flash! Especially since one of my roomies kept useing all the towels up LOL!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    thanks for all your hard work stephanie. you looked cute as a button in the photos ive seen

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    Wyndham was ok but the food choices on site were not so good... not alot of choices for those of us with special diets. Rooms(beds) were pretty nice. I do admit when you called for towels they were there in a flash! Especially since one of my roomies kept useing all the towels up LOL!
    I know..Prices were a little high...also...I am hoping we can get a few sponsorships so that we can have a nice catered meal for the awards and performances, with options available. We had a lot of vegetarians as well...Gotta say, the staff was great!

Well I believe we will have alot of sponsorship for next year so I do feel this time it's gonna be bigger and better, maybe next year I hoping to come back as a vendor.

from jesse!!!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    @Stephanie I would like to let you know that there are plans to demolish that hotel in the near future. Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend is there every year and it had to move this year (to the Hilton) because the Wyndam will not be there by October (apparently). It was a good venue and I know it well but unfortunately it wil not be an option. Having the World's Largest McDonalds and the Worlds Largest Checkers across the street was awesome!

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    That's too bad about the hotel...it has such a nice big, spacious, tropical atmosphere on the grounds

Yeah,

Wyndham was the best location. We were walking distance to IHOP, McD, Denny's, Popeye's, etc.

I would love to do it at Universal, but the location of Wyndham is perfect. Perhaps we can all get a group shot by the big "lake" thing next time!

I will have MY OWN Mermaid Creations tail next time. I am not putting Raina's skinny butt tail over my big bum anymore!....LOL

hahahahahaha

i dont think the hotel is being torn down.. they are undergoing massive rennovations.... our building was being worked on

@jesse... dont know how you got into that tail..i couldnt do it.. i think ill stick to my glourious tail

That's how I roll, and how versatile my Creations are!

GASP!

I forgot about something!

I was in the pool in the "Raina Tail", when suddenly Jack Sparrow stepped on my fluke! *swoons then cues 'I Can Hear The Bells' from Hairspray*

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJesse View Post
    GASP!

I forgot about something!

I was in the pool in the "Raina Tail", when suddenly Jack Sparrow stepped on my fluke! *swoons then cues 'I Can Hear The Bells' from Hairspray*

LOL! I love it! *hums tune at the moment* Someone must be really happy at that moment.

I put my photos up here, hope they help those who weren't there:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9975468&type=3
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

I really think those are the best fluke and fins designs I've seen yet Merman Jessie

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    @Stephanie I would like to let you know that there are plans to demolish that hotel in the near future. Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend is there every year and it had to move this year (to the Hilton) because the Wyndam will not be there by October (apparently). It was a good venue and I know it well but unfortunately it wil not be an option. Having the World's Largest McDonalds and the Worlds Largest Checkers across the street was awesome!
    Re: location...ugh, I heard SOMETHING about renovations. they called me yesterday, eager to discuss next year...?>>>Thank you for the info. Also, I have started a facebook photo album that is a compilation of photos from everywhere. It will be added to daily over the next couple of weeks...Please feel free to share, tag yourselves, etc. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6787160&type=1

Hi everyone! My name's Sodu. I am from Africa. I am a 26 year old female from South Africa studying at the university here.

As you can guess, there were other conventions going on the weekend of August 11 - 12 at Wyndham in Orlando. Well, as fate would have it, I got lost and entered the wrong convention room. Suddenly I found myself drifting from one mythical table to the next, surrounded by beautiful mermaids and mermaid tails! These things simply do not happen in Africa! I was stunned! I didn't even want to go to my own convention room, and snuck out whenever possible to head to your merpalooza room. I'm not even sure what the term merpalooza really means. Anyways, I was too timid to speak to anyone in the merpalooza room, as my spoken English isn't the greatest, plus I have a strong accent. I wanted to chat, but was just too timid. I was happy just to wander around and look.

There was one tail maker that I wanted some more information on, if anyone can help me out. The tails that stood out the most to me were ones I saw back in the back of the room. I do not know the tail makers name, but there was a BEAUTIFUL blue and white tail lying on the table stuffed with what appeared to be white beach towels or blankets. I about jumped out of my shoes when I saw these tails! I timidly reached out to touch it when no one was looking, fully expecting it to jump back at me. It looked SO REAL! So lifelike, and brilliant!

There was another orange-ish tail on another table closer to the wall, but the blue and white one impressed me most. Both of these tails had beautiful fins on the sides.

Later on, I came back, and found that there there were TWO MORE tails that weren't there the first time I walked around the room. There was a light purple one, with these amazing fins and a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL dark red one was by far the most incredible one in the room. The dark red one had the most fins of all.

This time there were two gentlemen at the table, both wearing green shirts. I wanted to say hi, and to comment on the tails, but I was too timid. I stood at the other booths and stole glances from the corners of my eyes as I pretended to be looking at the other items on the other tables nearby.

Each time I saw these tails, I almost had to "pinch myself", to use your American phrase, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. You Americans certainly think up everything, and these tails are proof of that!

I am now back in South Africa again. I was quite impressed with what saw that day in that room. It took some time searching on the internet to find out that the event was called merpaloza, and that this website was somehow involved in the event.

If someone can help me contact this tail maker, I'd certainly appreciate it!

those tails were by Jesse, the guy who just posted above

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanewbie View Post
    Hi everyone! My name's Sodu. I am from Africa. I am a 26 year old female from South Africa studying at the university here.

As you can guess, there were other conventions going on the weekend of August 11 - 12 at Wyndham in Orlando. Well, as fate would have it, I got lost and entered the wrong convention room. Suddenly I found myself drifting from one mythical table to the next, surrounded by beautiful mermaids and mermaid tails! These things simply do not happen in Africa! I was stunned! I didn't even want to go to my own convention room, and snuck out whenever possible to head to your merpalooza room. I'm not even sure what the term merpalooza really means. Anyways, I was too timid to speak to anyone in the merpalooza room, as my spoken English isn't the greatest, plus I have a strong accent. I wanted to chat, but was just too timid. I was happy just to wander around and look.

There was one tail maker that I wanted some more information on, if anyone can help me out. The tails that stood out the most to me were ones I saw back in the back of the room. I do not know the tail makers name, but there was a BEAUTIFUL blue and white tail lying on the table stuffed with what appeared to be white beach towels or blankets. I about jumped out of my shoes when I saw these tails! I timidly reached out to touch it when no one was looking, fully expecting it to jump back at me. It looked SO REAL! So lifelike, and brilliant!

There was another orange-ish tail on another table closer to the wall, but the blue and white one impressed me most. Both of these tails had beautiful fins on the sides.

Later on, I came back, and found that there there were TWO MORE tails that weren't there the first time I walked around the room. There was a light purple one, with these amazing fins and a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL dark red one was by far the most incredible one in the room. The dark red one had the most fins of all.

This time there were two gentlemen at the table, both wearing green shirts. I wanted to say hi, and to comment on the tails, but I was too timid. I stood at the other booths and stole glances from the corners of my eyes as I pretended to be looking at the other items on the other tables nearby.

Each time I saw these tails, I almost had to "pinch myself", to use your American phrase, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. You Americans certainly think up everything, and these tails are proof of that!

I am now back in South Africa again. I was quite impressed with what saw that day in that room. It took some time searching on the internet to find out that the event was called merpaloza, and that this website was somehow involved in the event.

If someone can help me contact this tail maker, I'd certainly appreciate it!
    That's so cool! The tails you are talking about are definitely Merman Jesse's from http://www.mermaidcreations-inc.com!
    You can either message him on MerNetwork, or email him at mercreations@hotmail.com.

I'm really glad you got to join in. I loved South Africa when I visited a couple of years ago. It's a beautiful country.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG