Thread: Does Anyone have an Aquatail?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Talking Does Anyone have an Aquatail?

I follow aquatails on facebook and theyre always posting awesome stuff. I see they have a new sequined tail that I think is really divine. Theyre big on fabric and neoprene tails. Does anyone have one and want to share their stories?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Hey!
    I should probably chime in on this since my tail is from Aquatails. I have a "smooth" tail in dark and light blue shadow. The tail was not made specifically for me- Jerilyn kinda gave it to me on permanent loan so I have something to teach in when we have classes. I had to have the tail taken in both in the length and width so it wasn't baggy on me, but now that it's altered it fits perfect! It had already been thru some serious use before I got it and the seams and fabric were still in excellent shape- no threads coming loose, no holes, ect. The color was faded from so much use, so I re-dyed it and it looks like brand new. Sometime in the near future, I am having a neoprene tail made by Jerilyn, similar to the "grotto" tail- long fringe down the back and off the fluke ends, just different color. As for the sequin tail, I know the design was recently changed a little so the fluke is now fabric- they found that some of the sequins on the flukes were not holding up the way they wanted...
    I know Jerilyn personally, and I find her to be very sincere and true to her customers, and she's always looking for better fabrics and new ideas to improve the tails. I know that if someone had an issue with their tail it would be handled quickly and professionally. I would be genuinely shocked to hear otherwise. Anyway, hope that sheds a little light... anyone have any questions please feel free to ask.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    I don't have an aquatails tail, but I must say that I love the newest fringe tail! I hope to get one someday
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Member Pod of The South Raivynn's Avatar
    I'm ordering the Grotto style tail within the next few weeks.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

i have a tail from them nd there great all around the tail lasted and was very well done i recomend them

I didn't end up getting one but I did poke around there for a while and exchange emails with Jerilyn. She's super nice and awesome, and responds quickly and professionally. Also, if you already have a monofin, if you look under "The Shallows" you'll find tail skins
    Mermaid Jewel

I was looking at all the different tails on their website and Aqua Tails has some really cool looking ones. Love the fringe tail they are selling on The Reef page! It seems like the tails on the site would be appropriate for a beginner.

I like the "fringe tail" ! If I can have this tail with an Oceanika mer-fin inside… awww

Junior Member Pod of Cali Koi Pond's Avatar
    I just got an Aqua Tail in flare red and I love it, I'll be testing it out in the waters today.

I wish there were more reviews for them. =P

I just purchased and received a FRINGE TAIL from aquatails.....the customer service was wonderful and the tail is beautiful. I have a silicone tail (and a latex one on the way--I am addicted! And now....poor! haha!) and I was curious about a fabric tail. I think they look really beautiful in the water, so I'm hoping to get some good images/video. The quality of the tail is fantastic. It really is beautiful. I may end up selling it, as I find that i am more comfortable swimming in a silicone/heavier tail.
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same

I'd love to see it when you do post some footage/pics!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Emma, I was just thinking about it.... http://www.aquatails.com/t/mermaid-tail-videos
    check it out!
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

Oh, I know! I've watched all of those. xD :P

aquatails fringe tail photos

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Oh, I know! I've watched all of those. xD :P
    hi there--
    here are a few photos of me trying out the fringe tail...

Name:  SAM_0108.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  168.3 KB

Name:  SAM_0113.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  223.8 KB

I thought it felt and looked really nice...! I think I may have a video to post a little bit later
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same