Thread: Tattoo Tail

Tattoo Tail

So I came accros this and I thought this was some serious dedication!!! Its really pretty!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mermaid_tail copy.jpg 
Views:	10416 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	520
    I was born a fish!

That is AWESOME! I can't imagine how long or how much $ that took but it looks incredible!

I always knew I wanted a tattoo to do with mermaids, but getting an actual mermaid didn't seem right..

Then I saw the tattoo that FreshwaterMermaid got and knew mermaid scales is what I wanted!

(Image Source)

I also saw this one:

(Original source unknown)

and this one:

(Image source)

I have yet to work up the guts to get it (highly sensitive to pain, needle pain especially), but I'm thinking few small patches of scales on my calf

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I actually think Mermaid Melissa's foot tattoo is super smart. It's a puzzle piece moved away and underneath are scales! Im too chicken for a tat

Wow those tats some serous dedication and probably alot of numbing cream (I wouldnt have the guts to do a full body tat.) But I'm due to get one soon, of a special orca on my lower back, something small.

My husband has a Blue Fire tattoo on right his arm representing his Fire sign (Leo) and My Water sign (Scorpio)

found this: - source- http://sarah-mascara.deviantart.com/...ssoms-13270873
    Attachment 532
    Last edited by New York Mermaid; 07-31-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    *dies* If I wanted a tattoo, I think I'd want these. They just slay me with their awesomeness.

I love that 3rd one!!!!!
    Tattoos aren't as bad as they seem, but then people don't always take pain the same as others...
    I have a large koi on my back that needs to be finished... but I think all of these are cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingéd Mermaid View Post
    That is AWESOME! I can't imagine how long or how much $ that took but it looks incredible!

I always knew I wanted a tattoo to do with mermaids, but getting an actual mermaid didn't seem right..

Then I saw the tattoo that FreshwaterMermaid got and knew mermaid scales is what I wanted!

(Image Source)

I also saw this one:

(Original source unknown)

and this one:

(Image source)

I have yet to work up the guts to get it (highly sensitive to pain, needle pain especially), but I'm thinking few small patches of scales on my calf
    I was born a fish!

i was just telling my best friend that i wanted scales somewhere because she wanted cheetah prints,,,my twin wants leopard prints to...so yeah i had to go with scales!!!
    I Believe

I plan on getting a mermaid poem on my ribs with scales similar to those below it going down my hip. I'm gonna have to draw it up and show you guys!

There is an adult performer/model that also has mermaid scales tattooed on her legs. She goes by BabeInk. I saw her on a facebook tattoo page. Just be forewarned if you google her, her photos are explicit. I found that out the hard way lol
    Name:  mermaidlegstattoo4.jpg
Views: 9786
Size:  57.7 KB

I also found another photo of the first gal posted. So beautiful and vibrant!
    Name:  tumblr_lovdj2bqkD1qgb5xxo1_500_large.png
Views: 11836
Size:  307.4 KB

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssie View Post
    There is an adult performer/model that also has mermaid scales tattooed on her legs. She goes by BabeInk. I saw her on a facebook tattoo page. Just be forewarned if you google her, her photos are explicit. I found that out the hard way lol
    You weren't kidding about the explicit thing, lol! And, man, those scales aren't just tattooed on her legs!! I have a couple of tattoos, but I don't believe I would get them, well, there...yowch! But the scales are really pretty
    Last edited by WavyMermaidy; 06-09-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I actually think Mermaid Melissa's foot tattoo is super smart. It's a puzzle piece moved away and underneath are scales!
    that was the picture I posted on a previous thread, wasn't it? I had no idea it belonged to mermaid Melissa though, I was just googling tattoos and came across it and decided I wanted to get one like it. :P

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I want to get one like the puzzle piece. I want one of the ones where it looks loke the skin is tearing or ripping away with scales underneath. I was thinking of it on my hip.
    Tenacity.

@WavyMermaidy - Oh yes! I agree! I think her mermaid scale tattoos are very pretty, but I could never have the dedication to make it such a "complete" piece lol. A photo of hers popped up on a facebook page and I liked the scales on her legs so I googled her not realizing they weren't just on her legs I thought I would share a more tame photo here because the scales really are cute and nicely done :P

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Im too chicken for a tat
    It's not that bad. I have four little ones, and after a while you don't notice that they're doing it. It's just a case of where you get them as to how much discomfort you feel.
    I love FreshWaterMermaid's, it's simple but elegant