Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: MONOFINS, THE OFFICIAL THREAD

The Lunocet can even fit in your purse! I can fit 4 easily into a standard carry-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I can confirm that. You will need two Allen keys to re-assemble it, and attach the cycling shoes. Also, no one makes tails to fit the Lunocet. I made my own. I made them close-ended, and found the only way to get the skin over the Lunocet was to assemble it inside the skin. Open ended with zippers or snaps would be more convenient. Open ended without anything to close the rear would ruin the hydrodynamics. Good hydrodynamics is another reason to get a Lunocet, it is VERY fast.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSwimFin.com View Post
    The Lunocet can even fit in your purse! I can fit 4 easily into a standard carry-on.
    That's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    I can confirm that. You will need two Allen keys to re-assemble it, and attach the cycling shoes. Also, no one makes tails to fit the Lunocet. I made my own. I made them close-ended, and found the only way to get the skin over the Lunocet was to assemble it inside the skin. Open ended with zippers or snaps would be more convenient. Open ended without anything to close the rear would ruin the hydrodynamics. Good hydrodynamics is another reason to get a Lunocet, it is VERY fast.
    While that is interesting, i'm looking for a more affordable monofin that can fit in a standard carry on.

Anyone ever make cuts to your monofin? Does it affect it's integrity? I've got a leaderfins monofin and I can't do super quick turns and id like to be able to with it- was hoping if cutting it more towards a mermaid fluke shape would help♡ tia!

Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    Anyone ever make cuts to your monofin? Does it affect it's integrity? I've got a leaderfins monofin and I can't do super quick turns and id like to be able to with it- was hoping if cutting it more towards a mermaid fluke shape would help♡ tia!
    You can probably find videos on YouTube of folks who have cut theirs! I cut my competitor, but I only do mer events once or twice a year, so I haven't been able to test it. I also need to make a tailskin!

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

was hoping if cutting it more towards a mermaid fluke shape would help
    Cutting it isn't going to help. It will only weaken the monofin and make it less effective to swim in. That of course makes it easier to swim in in general since you aren't moving as much water with each kick, but maneuverability wise it's not going to make a difference. The width is the issue during turns and such, and unless the the fin has more give you can't solve the issue.

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

I wanna get the finis shooter but idk what size. Iím a 9.5 in womenís in the USA. Iíve heard finis sizing is different from what it actually is. Any recommendations?

Does anyone own the fantasea monofins from mertailor? If so, how does it swim, is it really as comfortable as I have heard?