Thread: Where to get Finis Aquarius??

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod The Vivix's Avatar

Follow The Vivix on Tumblr Visit The Vivix's Vimeo Channel

Question Where to get Finis Aquarius??

I've seen a lot of reviews and swim videos of the Aquarius and I'd really like to try it, it seems great for the price and will actually fit my feet. But I haven't seen anyone talk about how hard it is to find online, at least nowadays! The Finis website doesn't list it, it's out of stock at Walmart, and any other merchant that sells it online is either an obvious scam or selling it for some stupidly high price. The high price thing goes for the few secondhand ones I've been able to find on Ebay, too.

So did everyone who owns an Aquarius buy it years ago...? Or like, settle for buying it for $100? Maybe I'm just late to the game on this one.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    If your feet are small enough, maybe get the Finis Dream Monofin.
    Formerly known as ireneho

That’s just it, my feet aren’t small. I’m a US Womens size 9; the Dream fin only goes up to size 5. For me, a big appeal of the Aquarius is that it was made for teens as well, which means it accommodates larger sizes. But it’s also still technically a toy, which means it’s very inexpensive compared to other adult-size monofins. I get that the Aquarius is probably discontinued, I just haven’t been able to find confirmation of that, nor any other vendors at a decent price.

Keep saving up and buy Fin Fun's Elite range, they have a new monofin that's more for professional swimmers.

My problem isn't that I want a monofin and can't afford it - I already have a Foil and a Mahina. I'm coming at this more from a collector's perspective, except I also wanna actually use the fins. I plan on getting the FinFun AMP too, but it's a very different monofin from the Aquarius. They're made of different materials, they have different levels of propulsion.... the main thing I hear about the Aquarius is that it's quite nimble. Plus it has that unique fluke shape.

Have you tried Amazon? I googled it and yea, not alot of people are selling it.

Yeah, Amazon has the older model in pink for about $30. I’m keeping that in my back pocket as a last resort but the one I really want is the newer model, with the improved ankle strap. Amazon has that one too but it’s $90 for some reason. :/ Other places that sell the newer model for a reasonable price have ridiculous shipping though. The most promisibg site I found was WMS Aquatics selling it for something like ~$40? But they have a $52 order minimum, and then shipping is $30 so at that point I might as well just buy the Amazon one. >.<

EDIT: I realized shortly after making this post that I was being a bit of a choosing beggar so I went ahead and bought the pink one on Amazon. It’s still an Aquarius after all, and lots of people have found fixes for the ankle strap. Plus the pink will be more visible in the water, even if it does look more obviously like a toy. T___T Sorry if I was being a pain, Jaffa.
    Last edited by The Vivix; 09-08-2021 at 06:19 AM. Reason: changed opinion

No, not at all. Most important to get those questions out of the way, and its easier to make up your mind if you chat with like minded people.