Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: MONOFINS, THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is the Trainer monofin a stiff blade? does it bend more like a foil or a wave? how does it compare to a competitor? thank you.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod Hinalea's Avatar
    Does anyone have a Finis Rapid Monofin for sale? The new ones are sooo stiff. I'm looking for an older one if anyone has any to sell?

I received it!!!!! I am so happy with my Mahina Merfin!!!! Just slightly bend on the edge on the corner of the fin but I am sure if I lay it flat in the sun with a book on it it will it will straight it up it's perfect!!! I am taking it next Friday in south of France to swin in a pool, in the sea and in a river the ultimate test! It was easy to put on , I covered my feet with lub and slipped in it like a banana in a suitcase (aka without any efforts ) I LOVE IT!

Name:  Photo on 22-07-2016 at 17.26 #4.jpg
Views: 2480
Size:  120.3 KB Name:  13844121_10154392008457431_980761872_o.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  104.3 KB
    Last edited by MermaidClaudy; 07-22-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    Claudia of the Sea.

Mermaid Lisa asked: "Is the Trainer monofin a stiff blade? does it bend more like a foil or a wave? how does it compare to a competitor? thank you."

The Trainer monofin has a relatively thick and rigid blade. It does not bend or flex like a Foil. Compared to the Competitor, it is heavy, stiff, and less flexible. The blade is so thick and heavy that over time it will tend to contribute to the rubber foot pocket straps breaking and snapping.

My new customised fibreglass fin from Special Fins is finally completed! Karmo from Special Fins actually fully customised the fluke shape for me to a Mermaid tail shape which I am super grateful for as I was dreading how much it would cost me to have it professionally cut after getting the monofin. Not only did he did he custom cut it he actually custom built it from the ground up which is pretty cool! I am still waiting for it to arrive so I can take it for a test swim but I am very happy so far with his great work on my monofin!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Quote Originally Posted by leomar View Post
    My new customised fibreglass fin from Special Fins is finally completed! Karmo from Special Fins actually fully customised the fluke shape for me to a Mermaid tail shape which I am super grateful for as I was dreading how much it would cost me to have it professionally cut after getting the monofin. Not only did he did he custom cut it he actually custom built it from the ground up which is pretty cool! I am still waiting for it to arrive so I can take it for a test swim but I am very happy so far with his great work on my monofin!

I WANT ONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leomar View Post

So cool! Congratulations! How is it in the water? Are you using it with a fabric tail and how is the bulk of the footpockets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lisa View Post
    So cool! Congratulations! How is it in the water? Are you using it with a fabric tail and how is the bulk of the footpockets?

I have used my new fin several times in the pool now and a couple of times in the ocean when I was at Mercon. In the pool, compared to my FinFun Monofin it feels almost like youre cheating! I can swim so much further with not very much effort, my estimate is that it gets you probably 2-2.5 times further per kick than a FinFun. In the ocean, especially when there are currents it is a necessity (I tried the FinFun in the ocean and in all but the calmest waters it feels like youre not going anywhere when you kick!) Other than that it is so comfortable to wear! I'm so glad I got full foot pockets, I can wear it for hours and my feet don't get sore at all.

I do wear a fabric tail over the top of the fin (which I made myself), and surprisingly the foot pockets are not that visible through the fabric because I have made the fabric very taught, though I admit it does bug me a bit that the foot pockets are not closer together because it makes the base of the tail quite wide and I'm used to my FinFun Monofin where your ankles are practically touching! If I had one of these custom made again I'd ask for the foot pockets to be closer together, but now that I'm used to it I hardly even notice the difference.

Heres a full review of my thoughts on the fin here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...98915953672408

And some photos of my fabric tail over the fin here:

https://facebook.com/story.php?story...98915953672408

https://facebook.com/story.php?story...98915953672408

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL5WJDHg8tS/

I'm a size 7 in women's and I want a slightly bigger monofin, the finis rapid doesn't adjust down to 7? :/ I read all the info at the beginning but was curious if anyone had experience with it before I ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi the Sleepy Mermaid View Post
    I'm a size 7 in women's and I want a slightly bigger monofin, the finis rapid doesn't adjust down to 7? :/ I read all the info at the beginning but was curious if anyone had experience with it before I ordered.
    No but you can order the Finis Wave instead which is the smaller sized model.

My review on the mirage rubber monofin!
    https://youtu.be/aHyBIzAL0ZE

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

MONOFINS, THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Found Finis Competitor on sale for $218 dollars... So tempted to buy it right now! Please someone hide my credit card

Our Lunocet Pro is on sale for the lowest price ever offered! $274.99

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSwimFin.com View Post
    Our Lunocet Pro is on sale for the lowest price ever offered! $274.99
    Thank you for advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iryna View Post
    Thank you for advertisement
    chill they're just tryna be friendly

user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mystery View Post
    chill they're just tryna be friendly

I'm cool! just saw it quite a few times you know

Quote Originally Posted by Iryna View Post
    I'm cool! just saw it quite a few times you know

Not at that price. It was $500 at the beginning of the week and has been for years. We recently made some incredible manufacturing efficiency improvements (while still being artesianally made in the USA) that allowed us to reduce the price significantly.

At this price, I think it is much more accessible to others who may have considered it too expensive previously.

Just wanted to let ppl know. That's all.

alrighty! just making sure

user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Hi. I'm interested in a new monofin. Looking at the waterways nemo wing vs. their model 2. Soft blade for either. My feet are a size 7. I heard the nemo run big and not sure it will fit well. One dive shop said they are very comfortable for long term swimming. Bogdan waterways is suggesting the model 2 for comfort bc the foot straps are glued to match the swimmers feet and there is neoprene lining the foot pocket. I read the model 2 are uncomfortable. So I'm confused. Does anyone have advice on these or alternative? Any experience with these? Thank you!

MONOFINS, THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lisa View Post
    Hi. I'm interested in a new monofin. Looking at the waterways nemo wing vs. their model 2. Soft blade for either. My feet are a size 7. I heard the nemo run big and not sure it will fit well. One dive shop said they are very comfortable for long term swimming. Bogdan waterways is suggesting the model 2 for comfort bc the foot straps are glued to match the swimmers feet and there is neoprene lining the foot pocket. I read the model 2 are uncomfortable. So I'm confused. Does anyone have advice on these or alternative? Any experience with these? Thank you!
    Hi! We just discussed it here:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

I would go for finis competitor. It's about same price if you buy it from swim outlet store and use 10% discount code.