Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: MONOFINS, THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Well I hope she gets it soon and lets us know how well it works I have a lot of trouble with my straps falling down in my fabric tail..I can't even make it a short distance. :/ so if I have to get a new monofin, I'd rather get the foil because of the price haha only if it works well, though.
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    Well I hope she gets it soon and lets us know how well it works I have a lot of trouble with my straps falling down in my fabric tail..I can't even make it a short distance. :/ so if I have to get a new monofin, I'd rather get the foil because of the price haha only if it works well, though.
    I now have a foil... Its fun to swim with and easier to do turns and stuff. I bought it to put inside my play tails which have a smaller fluke like the Wave, which I don't wear anymore cos the straps kept slipping off during swimming, even when i have it at the tightest!

The one thing that bothers me, is that the sizes for it seem a bit weird. I have an S which fit 7-9.5 ladies shoe size. I wear 7.5. But it feels very very tight, though not tight so there is immediate cramping in feet, but tight so uncomfortable. I have read that after a few wears, it will stretch out a bit. I wore regular shoe socks with it the first time and got a blister on my toe bone, but I think that was because I kept trying to use the left foot scrunching up the toes in an effort to loosen the foot pocket. And to say my left foot is slightly bigger!

Other than that, its nice to have a small fin for the days when I just want to wet my tail!
    Formerly known as ireneho

hey everyone (Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in, but it seems close enough.) does anyone have any tricks to keeping the straps on/ tight with a strapped monofin? I recently got my finis wave, and have noticed that this is really annoying. thanks
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

I wear regular socks with my wave to save me from blisters, it also keeps the straps on a bit better.

Sew one side of velcro to your fave fin socks, and glue the other side to the straps.

In case anyone is interested, the Finis WAVE monofin is on sale for $40USD here. http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/finis-wave-monofins-1266/
    Not sure how long it will be on sale, but it is right now.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
    FurAffinity
    Fabric tail fund: 0$ of 60$

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post

The one thing that bothers me, is that the sizes for it seem a bit weird. I have an S which fit 7-9.5 ladies shoe size. I wear 7.5. But it feels very very tight, though not tight so there is immediate cramping in feet, but tight so uncomfortable. I have read that after a few wears, it will stretch out a bit. I wore regular shoe socks with it the first time and got a blister on my toe bone, but I think that was because I kept trying to use the left foot scrunching up the toes in an effort to loosen the foot pocket. And to say my left foot is slightly bigger!

Other than that, its nice to have a small fin for the days when I just want to wet my tail!
    yeah i think thats the case with every monofin. you just need to break it in because the first few times wearing it you will get blisters. my advice is wear the monofin when you can just sit down and do somthing without leaving the couch. i break mines in by wearing it while im on the computer or watching tv

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oh. I just ordered half socks... I will try them tomorrow, just in front of the computer.

I am trying to find a Minos monofin through Sweammer Monofins and I cannot find one that I can buy! They only sell to distributors. Anyone know of a place where I can find one of these that I CAN buy? Any and all help is appreciated
    Last edited by JamesGunnels; 01-22-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesGunnels View Post
    I am trying to find a Minos monofin through Sweammer Monofins and I cannot find one that I can buy! They only sell to distributors. Anyone know of a place where I can find one of these that I CAN buy? Any and all help is appreciated
    http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-divi...-black/31963/p

yay! It's pretty cheap, too. Kinda sad that the shipping has doubled the price :/ meh...it's only 100 bucks...so...not too bad regardless, plus it's a good, durable monofin Thanks so much!

Name:  Minos.jpg
Views: 2857
Size:  21.7 KB

CONFIRMED! Just bought my monofin! Cannot wait! Only problem it is shipping from Spain...so...who knows how long it'll take.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Trident True's Avatar
    I bought the same Monofin from the same store. it took about 4 to 5 days to come. very fast shipping. that's to Australia.

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

Quote Originally Posted by Trident True View Post
    I bought the same Monofin from the same store. it took about 4 to 5 days to come. very fast shipping. that's to Australia.
    How do you like your monofin? I really love the look of it. Does it have really good propulsion?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    I'd like to know too. I was looking at this one recently

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

for what you pay for it deff has good propulsion. its flexible and just the right stiffness you need. its also good for beginners and doesn't give you cramps in legs or feet. the foot pockets are comfortable to, but they do have adjustable straps which could be a pain in a silicone tail, however if you adjust the straps before placing them in your tail it will be much easier to just pull the strap over the heal. depending if your using it in silicone or fabric.

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

I am making a silicone tail. I am just taking it step by step. As enough silicone is freakishly expensive...this will have to do for now I used to have the Finis Rapid Monofin, but it was stolen out of the back of my car when someone broke into it :/

For People the have bought or a currently using the Hydra mono fins or Mino Mono fins. I went swimming today and misplaced one of my straps. fell off while walking into the water. the straps SINK they do NOT float. so if you are in deeper water and you drop it, it will sink. I lost it in the shallows so it was quiet easy to find.

I went through that with my rapid monofin.