Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MONOFINS, THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    It also depends on whether you have the core strength to move a big fin. Or if you like solid foot straps like the MerFin, Foil etc or adjustable straps like the Wave, Aquarius etc.
    I'm not concerned about not having the core strength to move the big fins, that I've got. I'm more concerned about foot cramps.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Can just order one with a bigger size and wear neoprene socks.

I have the Mahina Merfin, Finis Wave and Finis Foil.

Out of the three, I find the foil has the most comfy foot pockets for my 7.5 skinny hamster feet.
    Finis Wave, I could only just get my feet in it and can't wear socks.
    Mahina MerFin, I have size 7-9 adult fin and I have to wear thick sports socks + neoprene fin pads. When I don't wear socks, they slide around in the foot pockets but the fin won't fall off.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I'm not sure that I'm putting this in the right thread but I need some advice.
    Is there a way to manipulate the shape of the plastic portion of a Finis Rapid monofin? My Finis Rapid monofin has become warped somehow. It is digging into the side of my inner foot/heel area on both sides. So much so, that it is making an indentation in my skin! Ugh! I think it must have gotten too warm in the back of my car in the last trip I took since I haven't had it on since then. I wondering if I could heat it with a hairdryer or heat gun and gently lift that area back into shape. Has anyone had this problem? Tried this solution? Have another answer that works for sure? Thanks for any help you can provide. ~fish kisses~

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I havent heard of any remedies for this, but you could try it.

Hot water that you can stand to be in, wear it in the bathtub. Soak in the water until you're happy with the fit.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Mine did that and I was never able to fix it. Then I broke the blade right at the point where my feet bend.

The Lunocet has had some new updates! Still $500 but I don't recall it having these videos or anything.
    http://www.ultimateswimfin.com/

https://www.deeperblue.com/lunocet-pro-2015-review/

The old link goes to an error page on the creator's website.

Oh man, that's cool! It'll be a great option for those looking for the "extended" tail.

HOw would you hide the shoes in a fabric tail?

Add kat.hendriksen on Facebook
    Follow kat.hendriksen on Flickr Visit kat.hendriksen's Youtube Channel
    Hi, is there a way to make bigger foot pockets on existing monofins?
    I found a good second hand one but its three sizes to small.. If there is a way to mound bigger foot pockets on it, that would be great

Greets,

Kim.

The only thing I can think of would be to get spacers (the things that you put in shoes so they don't collapse) that are a few sizes to big and stick them in there for a while... but i'm not even too sure if that would work :/
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by kat.hendriksen View Post
    Hi, is there a way to make bigger foot pockets on existing monofins?
    I found a good second hand one but its three sizes to small.. If there is a way to mound bigger foot pockets on it, that would be great

Greets,

Kim.
    What kind of monofin is it? Do you have pics? I would need more details before making any suggestions...
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Add kat.hendriksen on Facebook
    Follow kat.hendriksen on Flickr Visit kat.hendriksen's Youtube Channel
    Here are some pictures of the monofin (: Name:  $_85.JPG
Views: 2701
Size:  37.9 KBName:  $_85 (1).JPG
Views: 2642
Size:  35.8 KB

I don't think there's an easy way to remove or change the footpockets on that type of monofin. ):

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Spacers won't modify the size of those pockets.

There's no easy way to change footpockets reliably on something like that. I don't know if you could remove the existing ones without compromising the integrity of the fin.

Haha, saw that advertisement too I don't think there is much you can do size wise. If you just want a good competitor monofin (like a waterway model 2) you can also buy them new here (in The Netherlands) for roughly the same price

I just bought a fibreglass monofin from Leaderfins through etsy. Their customer service is amazing! Half an hour after placing my order I got a message asking to confirm my size and blade hardness, and if I wanted any extras. Next day they've made it and shipped it! Plus it came to just over $200 with shipping to Australia (compared to $500 for a competitor) and with free neoprene socks. I'm looking forward to testing it out!

Hello,

I introduced myself in another thread but wanted to put myself out there if there are any Lunocet questions.

I wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Jeff and I operate UltimateSwimFin.com which is the exclusive retailer of the Lunocet monofin.

I am a trained / competitive Freediver myself and LOVE "dolphin kicking" and swimming with a monofin.

I actually was instrumental in the design of the current 2015 Lunocet Pro and it is by far my favorite monofin. So much so, that I decided to take my passion for it and start selling them, taking over the customer service and marketing from the product inventor.

It is easy to get behind a product that you are passionate about.

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am more than happy to answer any questions about the product, or any freediving / breathhold questions or technique tips.

I will also put a $50 off coupon code here for the first 5 mer-people that buy a Lunocet from this awesome community. Enter "INTRO2MERNETWORK" at checkout for your $50 savings!

See you in the blue!

Jeff
    UltimateSwimFin.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering, but has anyone tried making a mould of a fin and then melting down polypropyline pellets to create their own monofin? Are there any key dangerous elements that I seem to be missing that would pose as a reason to not do so?

That's sort of what we do with rubber pellets for the Lunocet.

We use an aluminum core for structural integrity and the correct performance characteristics.

It's not a small undertaking to make the aluminum moulds and would likely be very prohibitive for a small production run.

You may also have to make a few iterations to get it to work the way you want.

I say... Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk