Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor order extremely overdue - advice?

Senior Member Pod of Cali leeloo's Avatar
    Thank you Samantha, it needed to be said!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    lol he's totally reading the forum HEY ERIC HOW ARE YA... we arent idiots, we know it's not real silicone, you just replaced your alex plus with silicone caulk

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  25.4 KB

Haha, yea he is definitely reading the forum and I think its getting to him. He even posted a review. Hey Eric, how about you post all the reviews of you, not just the handful of good ones? I'm sure the ratio of good reviews to negative reviews would not be in his favor. And also Eric stop stalking these forums and posting on Facebook and get back to work! People are waiting way too long for their tails and deserve better service!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    wonder how long it takes before this is deleted?
    Depends on whether or not these come into play

(Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I mean I'm not dissing Eric's silicone tails at all i think they are awesome, but sheesh he needs to understand that his latex/silicone tails are expensive too and he needs to take more care and time over them. People had put their hard earned money and trust in him and it's unfair that just because they are not paying him thousands of dollars that they should be neglected!

eric.. get back to work...? he's too busy schemeing how to take us all down! lol I mean, dont forget, you're all my lackies who hate him simply because I have issues with him, no one things on their own! and Samantha, you better correct yourself, he doesnt use alex plus anymore he uses silicone cualking

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Sahyris's Avatar
    I see that this thread has had a lot of activity overnight o.o I appreciate everyone's frankness.

To the issue of taking legal action; as I stated earlier, I am in Australia and therefore there are no legal avenues I can go down. If someone you do business with in another country steals your money, there's not much you can do - unless you're a multi-national company or are willing to spend a lot of money on legal services. The US-Australia free trade agreement has some protections for international business transactions, but nothing that the average person can easily access. I should know; I work in the legal profession.

In any event, Eric has now sent me a tracking number and, although he addressed it incorrectly (to my previous address before I moved in March - which he quickly offered to correct), the shipment checks out. Therefore, he seems to have been telling the truth about my tail being ready. He's also used an express courier service which estimates delivery early next week.

For those who encouraged me to seek a refund, I would rather get the quickest outcome than an ideal one - and currently, it would seem that delivery is the quickest outcome. If there turns out to be anything wrong with the tail, I will not have sacrificed anything by waiting a couple of extra days; with the original transaction concluded, I could confidently look at getting another tail from somebody else. (Incidentally, I appreciate the recommendations you've all given.)

So, i'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome of all this.

I may regret this, but I was bold and brave enough to post my two cents on this matter on my mer-page and in reply to his post on his. I told him that 1) competition is a normal, healthy part of any business and 2)not everybody, myself included can afford his tails so it's good to have cheaper alternatives.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

This is very, very amusing... Hey! If you're reading this I'm not dissing! Just reading so this time none of that "dribble" or "Puff the Magic Dragon" nonsense! But really stop trying to tarnish other people in the community it's really isn't cute, it's just downright creepy! At least be greatful that you have a "fan-base". Once again not dissing!

How I feel everytime this topic gets brought up...

LMAO! I love The Office.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    How I feel everytime this topic gets brought up...

Raina I want to edit your face on his XD I feel like this describes you in this situation PERFECTLY.

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    eric uses his mer-facebook like his personal one, he has no life besides his mermaid one not enough friends, needs the support of fans to fill the void.
    Thats really sad!

here's what i mean...so...the tail i am wearing....is by fish butts....the tail my husband is wearing...was made by mertailor...USING THE EXACT MEASUREMENTS. in fact, i copy and pasted the ones i had send mertialor 3 months prior when i ordered from fishbutts. i wore the mertailor tail ONCE before this pic was shot. does it HONESTLY look like it was made for me? seriously.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahyris View Post
    I see that this thread has had a lot of activity overnight o.o I appreciate everyone's frankness.
    We're so sorry we hijacked your thread, I'm sure no one really meant to do so, but the Mertailor is a sensitive subject here. He's gone too far on a lot of things and whenever its brought up it turns into this, a vent of frustration. I, as I think everyone here, have posted our frustrations and opinions in support on the issue your facing. Please, let us know how it goes for you.

We're so sorry we hijacked your thread, I'm sure no one really meant to do so, but the Mertailor is a sensitive subject here. He's gone too far on a lot of things and whenever its brought up it turns into this, a vent of frustration. I, as I think everyone here, have posted our frustrations and opinions in support on the issue your facing. Please, let us know how it goes for you.
    Agreed, if you need us to shut up just say so and no one will take offence we can also get Iona or Mal to move all the dramatic posts into the drama thread. I think we all just walk around on eggshells with him so much it's frustrating.

I'm glad you're finally getting your tail, honestly he should have done something to make up for it. I think the only reason he's finally on the ball is because you're posting here. That tends to be a pattern with him.

I see he deleted the offensive post and all the comments. (or hid it from timeline)

The thing with Eric, is he thinks we're all against him. That we are waiting and urging him to screw up, that we want to ruin him. Even I dont want that! I just want the guy to be ACCOUNTABLE and stop cheating so many people and treating people like crap. I honestly have found his behaviour and the behaviour of his current partner to be quite abusive- and when someone is being abusive you need to stand up regardless of drama. Sincerely, if the guy contacted me, genuinely wanted to see past our differences, and I saw him make a REAL effort to be better to the community... I'd be fine. The problem is- he tries to do this occasionally, half heartidly, then he starts to get paranoid, then he turns on people before they can turn on him (as I believe he sees it). I've given the guy a million chances, and in the past I have REMOVED my reviews and videos so people would judge him on the work he does NOW not the work he did then. but the problem is, he is STILL doing to people, what he did to me. I'm going to write more about this in Steph's post over here... http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...ctly-To-Inform!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Demand refund and report to the BBB. If he refuses, threaten suit! It is an international affair but it is illegal and he know he will lose! You WILL get a refund. He may try to puff up and try to get you to back down, but demand the refund. He is vastly out of his own contracted time frame and will lose the battle in any court. Best of luck to you.

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Oops! Sorry I didnt see the end of this post before I posted. I am glad you are getting your tail finally. I hope evrything is ok with it or hopefully you can send it back and geta refund if it isn't right (P.S. My friend in Canada had an issue with her silicone tail from him. Everything was wrong with it and I mean everything! He refused to give her money back or fix her tail properly until her mother threatened him with legal action. They got their money back pretty quickly after that) I wish you the best of luck with everything and i really hope that it turns out well and you wont have to even think about legal action. Al my best to you

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Sahyris's Avatar
    Well, my tail arrived today. Despite everything that's happened, I can't fault the fact that it came via express courier. As you can see from the photo attached to this post (forgive the pudge, it's winter here), it fits and it's what I asked for. I know some people expressed concern about their tails being too large; if anything, mine's a little tight. (Probably a good thing if it's going to stretch with wear.) Also, it's built on a monofin rather than individual fins that people have been talking about. Of course, these things don't change the fact that it took a completely unreasonable amount of time to make and that, quite frankly, dealing with Mertailor was like bashing my head against a brick wall.

I always intended this to be a 'learning tail', so i'll get plenty of use out of it this summer, use it to develop my swimming technique, etc.

I don't want to let this initial bad experience ruin my introduction to the mer community. I'm giving some serious thought to ordering a silicone tail from Merbella Studios to help me put this whole experience behind me, and get something really special. Any thoughts or advice there?

I want to thank everyone for their help with this. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and participating in this community properly
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    You look great in your tail! I hope it swims as well as it looks. A silicon tail from Merbellas would be awesome, you get full customization with it and Raven keeps you up to date on it, along with working with you every step of the way. Don't let the Metailor bashing scare you off, its a VERY sore subject here and we meant nothing but support by it for you, we really are a passionate and caring community.

Send us some vids of you taking the new tail out for a test drive...er, swim!