Thread: 75 year old mermaid footage

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel

Exclamation 75 year old mermaid footage

I found this while I was at work. If you can, watch it in full screen and pay CLOSE attention to the body movements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzwh5cXrFww

It wont let me post it as a video
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Looks like the lady from fish tales, and not too dissimilar than on H2o. those are the kind of movements you get when you super pad a tail with neoprene lining and then put the fluke a foot dropped lowerer than your feet. it gets rid of heels and causes you to swim even more fluid than regular mermaid movements. plus the proporsions are off from whats normally thought for a human body so you cant see the joint areas.

Where ever and whatever it may be, it looks awesome
    I do like that effect on the tail.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    just looks edited. pretty sure underwater camera housings did not exist 75 years ago. Annette kellerman was the only mer back then and her tails were fabric

It looks like the tail from the movie Miranda, or Mad About Men.

I like the footage but I find the whole "grainly" look to make it look old is
    totally fake looking xD

Either way, the tail has really nice movement~
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    just looks edited. pretty sure underwater camera housings did not exist 75 years ago. Annette kellerman was the only mer back then and her tails were fabric
    They did exist though they had VERY poor quality (like this one) and they were super hard to come by, most were owned by the military when they did scuba testing. The video is very neat though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

The tales from Miranda were very buoyant while the tails made by JMB FX are neutral in the water like this one is. You have to use your whole body to move around in them too. I think the youtuber found a clip from H2O and over edited it to try and make it look old. :/ Nice try though.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Junior Member Pod of Cali
    While the video looks cool and all that, there are some other aspects that show (atleast in my mind) the video is fake.

Having watched alot of the BBC, the font on the caption is wrong (the white part), it's too compressed, too tall and alot crisper than the rest of the text. The time is also incorrectly aligned. It should be lined up perfectly with the BBC Logo, and it isn't.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it looks exactly like the footage someone else recently showed in a youtube video and asked who it was. but yeah, fake. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Matthews View Post
    While the video looks cool and all that, there are some other aspects that show (atleast in my mind) the video is fake.

Having watched alot of the BBC, the font on the caption is wrong (the white part), it's too compressed, too tall and alot crisper than the rest of the text. The time is also incorrectly aligned. It should be lined up perfectly with the BBC Logo, and it isn't.
    The BBC News 24 graphics are so lame on this that it's not even funny.
    New Blog - The Strange World of Nate Walis: http://natewalis.wordpress.com/