Thread: Tips on drying a latex tail?

Tips on drying a latex tail?

I purchased a lovely tail from Stephanie at Mermaid Parties (Fish-Butts) and I had a little trouble getting it to dry. It took about a week. Eventually I just hung it on a downward slant with a large wooden block in it to hold it open. Are there any ways of making this easier? It's too heavy to hang and it can't touch itself because it will stick and become damaged. Did anyone have any luck finding a good, faster way to dry it?

What happens if on accident you touch your tail to your tail? Like if you are swimming and you bend?

wish I knew a way to dry it sorry

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    try something like this

Oh!! Thank you! That's such a great idea! The tail can't touch itself, but I could always dry off the outside and then wrap wax paper or a thin towel around where I fold over to keep it from sticking. That's fantastic! Thank you very much!! I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by merana View Post
    What happens if on accident you touch your tail to your tail? Like if you are swimming and you bend?

wish I knew a way to dry it sorry
    If you get it away from itself quickly enough it's fine I found that after taking it for a swim, it was less sticky so I'm hoping that aspect goes away with time. I think it's okay when wet as well, because I vaguely remember something like that happening and it was okay.

Nice!! Thank you. I will absolutely keep that in mind! XD

The stickiness definitely goes away. Stephanie of mermaid parties says that sun doesn't hurt her tails at all. And I have had great luck speeding up the dry time by throwing my tail out on the lawn. Other makers though, strongly advise to never do this....so I'm not sure if it's just a difference in the paint being above or under the latex.