Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Mermaid Awards relocated from Mirage Hotel to Silverton Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I dont think the mirage will let you swim in there with your tail, I think that's the point.
    It wasn't a tail thing, it was a night time thing. They don't allow people to swim at night there at all. The pool closes at 8, which seems to be the trend for all pools around Las Vegas besides the "club pools".

As for the auction, I was told that 50% goes to charity.

Yep.. 50% goes to charity.. IfI was working I would donate allof it.. butIm on unemployment and Im a college student.. Ihad budgeted my student loan money out to make it through til september but my car broke down and Ihad already purchased plane tickets which are non refundable..

So I am going to make the best of it..

Theres on Painting I am selling that 100% goes to charity for the ocean.. you might remember seeing it on facebook..its the one with the hands holding the world with the ocean animals around it...

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    You wanna see something funny? On the list of nominees for the awards, here's the description for the MerPrince:

"Sean Brown the MerPrince. Disneys Performing Prince on stage and is also a Merman who has his own star on the Hollywood walk of fame."

Heh, I think Sita got confused by a picture on the MerPrince's myspace account made with an online walk of fame star generator. Someone might want to let her know.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    lol. Oh my. I hope you all have a good time that are going

In regards to all the Eric drama, even though we had screencaps of everything he said he flat out denied saying any of it on his wall and then deleted all associated comments. *head desk* I had sent Sita a message about it, I guess there's no need to drag it out on here but man he pulled a bunch of shady stuff not just those messages.

Remember when Ben Stiller's zoolander merman was going to be a guest?

EVERYONE BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN less than a week to go!

Lol I still haven't been able to get tickets because of the recent changes. I guess I'll try buying at the door.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Name:  scarlett.JPG
Views: 484
Size:  22.8 KB

I just read, no scarlett, no Traci, and no Fire eating mermaid.

thats great!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    What is going on? "It'll be at the Mirage...no the Silverton. There's a mermaid tank...but we can't get in it. Scarlott Harlott, Marina and Traci Hines will be there...No they won't. Wait, Marina will be there..." This is crazy! It's in like 3 days!

...I'm not slamming anyone, lord knows I wouldn't wanna be the one organizing it, but I am frustrated.

Well I'm just excited that it is all still happening. Whoever's there, awesome! I'm excited to meet you. Whoever's not, well that's no good but hopefully we can meet in the future!

Thumbs up MerCon a Downer :(

I'm at the Silverton watching the pageant and I'm speechless. I can't believe how unorganized it is. I just found out how much the entries cost and I feel so bad for those that paid so much to participate. We've travelled far for this and so far I have to say I'm disappointed. I hope tonight has more to offer.

Meh the pageant wasn't organized by Sita and was an independent production so I'm not too worried about it. The chance to meet other mer enthusiasts was enough to make it worthwhile for me, even if organization was a little shoddy. The Silverton mermaid show was during the same time as the pageant anyway, so there were still alternative avenues of entertainment.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I just posted a couple of the photos I took this evening of the World Mermaid Awards. It was fun, quite an experience seeing so many flukes fwapping the water.

http://presence.irev.net/v/people/mercon2011

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar
    Love the pictures!!! : D

Great pix!
    I Believe

OMG thanks for posting photos! So crazy to see these people together! How did everyone flop over there? lol Just put their tails on there? looks so great

http://www.lvrj.com/multimedia/First...127644508.html

Everyone kind of just put their tails on right there.

It was a great event. I really enjoyed myself.

The highlight of my day was Thom Shouse taking a sample of my scales saying he knew people that would be interested in my design!

I will be uploading some of the pics when I get back to Cincinnati.

ohh jesse youll be as big and famous as MVD before we know it !

congrats Jesse!

WOW! Jesse that is AWESOME!!! Congrats! As much as it sounds that this first event was a bit of a flop (no pun intended)... I am so proud that people actually took the initiative to get it up, go there and meet other like-minded mers!
    I am jealous that I couldn't be there... but I HOPE there'll be another one in the future that I can attend, and hopefully it'll be even bigger and better!!! I'm workin on a tail, so that I can join in the fun! But I say bravo to those who helped put it together, and those who attended. It's not an easy thing to organize worldwide, and I'm sure a lot was learned! Congrats to the mer-community. IT's starting to really make it's presence known!