Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof makeup?

MUFE are hit and miss for me. The aqualine won't stay put completely even with aquaseal as a primer AND sealer over the stuff. When I run out of it I won't be purchasing it again. However their concealer I can't live without (fair skin and narcolepsy = red around the eyes and dark circles)! The aquaseal works awesome on other stuff, like my brow powder. Everyone's skin and hairs take makeup differently, so while a product may be awesome for most people it may not work for you. I will say that the Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara is now my go to mascara for mermaiding stuff! It's not perfect but it's by far the best I've ran across.

Also I forgot, I did a makeup how to video. It was veeery last minute haha. I was sitting down to do my makeup for a meetup, and Anita texted me frustrated about mermaid makeup, and asked if I could help her. I said photo or video and she said video, so I pressed the record button on my computer and started :P Hopefully it'll be helpful to someone here

Also here's an after shot from after we were swimming in the pool for 2 1/2 hours. My lipstick is a little worn becuase I forgot to take an after shot until after we went for sushi, which I nommed so much of and rubbed the corners of the lipstick off in the process :P

Name:  IMG_1383_zpsaab10d3f.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  97.7 KB
    Last edited by Winged Mermaid; 10-11-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Oh gosh Iona, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't NEED All The Makeup you silly. You look beautiful even with no makeup at all, and your personality just shines. Makeup may be fun and all, but everyone here should realize how beautiful they are naturally!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Its funny I use the aqua eye sticks and have never had a problem. I just wish they had more colors. The eyeliners have a lot but not the actual sticks. With mufe though its not underwater makeup unless its the aqua stuff. There are great tutorials online too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    I just found a mascara I've never seen before; Maybelline Volum' Express 'The Falsies' Everlasting Mascara.
    The description on the package .... "False lash glam goes beyond basic waterproof .. smudge-proof, flake-proof, life-proof. Multi-seal technology repels not only water, but oil as well."
    Sold! I hope it's good, I'll come back after testing it in a chlorinated pool to let you guys know

I have that mascara (one of the many maybeline waterproof series) and works out fine for me!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Starfish View Post
    I have that mascara (one of the many maybeline waterproof series) and works out fine for me!
    Ooo yay, thank you for the feedback, Ariel Starfish! :-D
    I have read a few reviews that say it's hard to remove. I'm thinking I'll try almond oil and a microfiber cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanRose View Post
    Ooo yay, thank you for the feedback, Ariel Starfish! :-D
    I have read a few reviews that say it's hard to remove. I'm thinking I'll try almond oil and a microfiber cloth.
    simple's cleansing wipes take it off fine for me with a little work.

and I had used this mascara in the past so I went out and re-bought it and maybeline's rocket mascara in waterpoof - don't bother with the rocket one. The falsies one works great though =) minimal flaking and didn't melt after a hot shower and a full day out in a rainy english city yesterday.

Also tried maybeline's 24h super stay liquid foundation and 24h stay waterproof powder foundation - used some nyx matte setting spray over the top and it worked really well. Will let you all know how they hold up with chlorine.
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    Oh gosh Iona, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't NEED All The Makeup you silly. You look beautiful even with no makeup at all, and your personality just shines. Makeup may be fun and all, but everyone here should realize how beautiful they are naturally!!
    Aw, thanks so much Cyanea! I admit I get insecure cause people use to tease me about having no color in my face and all that. I use to be one of those people who would never leave the house without makeup, but after high school I started seeing it wasn't as big of a deal as I made it out to be to myself. Mostly with the help of kind people such as yourself reassuring me that I didn't look like death warmed over or a crack whore without it

But it's nice to get dolled up, cause you just feel like-

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I am unable to wear Cover Girl make up because it makes my skin break out, I was thinking about using E.L.F. but I wanted to use the Mufe Aqua brand also. But I don't want to spend a lot of money. Does anyone know if there is a make up that lasts long and is water resistant but is also cheep? Like, under ten USD.

It is hard to find quality under that price range Mikayla.. but are you looking for full coverage foundation? Try Hard Candy. Also, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer AS foundation works well.

If I can't find any make up (like eyeshow Which I doubt will be "long lasting" underwater, or mascara) would I need to heavily apply it like blush and the eyeshadow. I've never been good with applying eyeliner. And would I need to buy contour as well? Or just stick with the foundation?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I use eyeshadow crayons from the dollar store...they generally have a heavy wax base and the colors stay on in water. My new favorite mascara is a waterproof CoverGirl - I don't have it with me tight now...teal blue tube, and the wand doesn't really have bristles, it's more like a serrated stick, if that helps.

This really helps! Thank you!

Hey Mers I thought I'd update on new finds of mine.

Makeup atelier Paris do waterproof foundations. Their liquid one is the most beautiful foundation I've ever used and applies super easily but I found it still dissappeared after swimming.

However, they have a gel foundation that stayed on all day through swimming on the Sunday at mermania. It probably has the weirdest texture in a foundation that I've ever used. It like a very thick cream foundation. It's a biaaatch to apply, but I have it figured out. I use a real techniques stippling brush and just lightly tap it onto the product and then I carefully work my way round my face, work in sections and blend them properly as you go. Once it sets it's not going anywhere but can catch and drag while it's partially drying. Due to the texture it doesn't seem to work with things like beauty blenders or my usual buffing brush. Once I've finished all my other makeup I set it with powder and don't even need a setting spray. The powder is a must as it dries tacky.

I also trialed Lip Ink's lip colour which is like if a lipstain and a liquid lipstick had a baby. It lasted amazingly, it does sting to apply but I've found it lasts better if you apply it without the protective balm. It fades after a few hours of swimming but nothing harsh or noticeable, I topped it up before I went to the closing ceremony and it was fine all evening it's completely vegan too btw.

Still swearing by my 'tattoo me' eyeliner by seventeen, and my maybeline colour tattoo pots.

Still working on finding a mascara that doesn't melt and a blush that stays on me!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Does anyone know of a waterproof highlighter that stays well for long periods of time? I might be a merman, but I still need that highlight. XD
    "There has got to be more to life than just being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking."
    -Derek Zoolander

MUFE has a new line of waterproof shadows, Aqua XL Paint! I'm going to Sephora in the next couple of days to pick one up to try out (they're $30 Canadian so only one!) but I'll post a video about it when I've tried it out!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by merman_kae View Post
    Does anyone know of a waterproof highlighter that stays well for long periods of time? I might be a merman, but I still need that highlight. XD
    I know that MAC pigments can also work for highlighters. I swatched it on my hand and washed some dishes and it stayed on the whole time. Didn't fade either. I also used the Justine Skye Iridescent powder and it didnt budge on me.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mela.Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Melamermaid_Kendra View Post
    I know that MAC pigments can also work for highlighters. I swatched it on my hand and washed some dishes and it stayed on the whole time. Didn't fade either. I also used the Justine Skye Iridescent powder and it didnt budge on me.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app
    Ah! Thank you. I'll try those. My mom uses MAC a lot so it shouldn't be too hard to get my hands on.
    "There has got to be more to life than just being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking."
    -Derek Zoolander

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilium View Post
    Hey Mers I thought I'd update on new finds of mine.

Makeup atelier Paris do waterproof foundations. Their liquid one is the most beautiful foundation I've ever used and applies super easily but I found it still dissappeared after swimming.

However, they have a gel foundation that stayed on all day through swimming on the Sunday at mermania. It probably has the weirdest texture in a foundation that I've ever used. It like a very thick cream foundation. It's a biaaatch to apply, but I have it figured out. I use a real techniques stippling brush and just lightly tap it onto the product and then I carefully work my way round my face, work in sections and blend them properly as you go. Once it sets it's not going anywhere but can catch and drag while it's partially drying. Due to the texture it doesn't seem to work with things like beauty blenders or my usual buffing brush. Once I've finished all my other makeup I set it with powder and don't even need a setting spray. The powder is a must as it dries tacky.

I also trialed Lip Ink's lip colour which is like if a lipstain and a liquid lipstick had a baby. It lasted amazingly, it does sting to apply but I've found it lasts better if you apply it without the protective balm. It fades after a few hours of swimming but nothing harsh or noticeable, I topped it up before I went to the closing ceremony and it was fine all evening it's completely vegan too btw.

Still swearing by my 'tattoo me' eyeliner by seventeen, and my maybeline colour tattoo pots.

Still working on finding a mascara that doesn't melt and a blush that stays on me!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    You should try Duwop blush booster. I heard it's waterproof.
    Mela.Mermaid

If you buy like clay based products or ones that aren't water based products then that works and also if you buy some really​ good hairspray then that helps to seel in the makeup

Mermaid Merliah