Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof makeup?

Whatever you are using Alicia, it works wonders! I remember my makeup lasted all night during MerCon and it was amazing! You inspired me to seek some out also, but I found an Urban Decay (somewhat) equivalent but I think yours is best!!
    Mermaid Shelly
    www.mermaidshelly.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    mermaid minerals has a waterproof sealer that I want soooo bad

They do? I might have to invest in some eventually.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Chesapeake Pod
    Maybe, to make this easier, we should come up with a list of all the suppliers that sell water-proof makeup and sealers
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

i found a store in florida that sold color changing lip stick and that stuff will stay on throughout a nuclear war. it isant a popular brand or anything, they sold it for 50 cents, but that stuff is good. im sorry i can't tell you anymore about it, it had a bunch of flowers on the side and no label. i have also found a pretty good water proof mascara but i have to go find it to see the label and ill tell you later. when you put on powder foundation over your eyes and then out on eye shadow that works for me. i don't wear eye liner so i cant help you there. you know, now that im re reading my post, it doesn't give much information or help. im sorry

Scarlet Rose, I used to use a really good waterproof mascara a couple of years ago by Maybelline. I rememeber it was in a white and black tube and also worked for making your eyelashes appear longer. I used it when I was back in England but I know you can get it over here too, I've seen it in the shops. I cannot remember the exact name of it but can look it up and post it later. Hope that's some help!

I swear by Rimmel Waterproof Mascara. And I will usually use a stain on my cheeks and lips as opposed to powders.

My mom works as a Spa consultant and works for Beauti Control, they have this really nice water proof mascara that i have personally tried and loved. here is their website http://shop.beauticontrol.com/webapp...tegoryId=49604 as for other water proof makeup, they don't have any but knowing them they will come out with some sooner or later =3

@Gem Stone: I know about the lipstick you are talking about! I don't know the name of it either but my grand-ma had bought some at a garage sale once and that stuff would last through a nuclear war, i remember scrubbing my lips alot using lip scrubs just to get it off lol XD

This seems like the right place to post this, I have found the most amazing waterproof make up in my life. Mary Kay, I got some of their Lash Love Mascara and an eye liner / eye shadow combination stick. As a test I put them on for my new tail in use photos, two and half hours later of constant swimming and the make up was still exactly where I had put it. No running, no smudging or smearing, and best of all I still looked and felt pretty. + the mascara made my eye lashes look like super sexy eyelash model lashes like on the TV commercials. Just thought I would share

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

This might be a long shot, but I would be very interested in knowing if there is any makeup suitable for underwater use that is also eco-friendly/no synthetic chemicals. :| Just thinking of the fishes.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Great lip idea: I found these food coloring brushes. they're these marker-type things. anyway, apply the color to your lips, let dry, and the cover with a real thick, sticky lipgloss. stays for days, almost.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

hmm... at Mercon I had My eyebrows powdered, and I had my eyes lined... Call me a boy, but I just wet my brushes with my tongue and then rub them in my black shadow, then I apply it... I swam for hours during the pool party, and my makeup was all still there! I wonder if I should bottle my saliva and sell it? It makes a wonderful waterproof base!! but in all seriousness, I am so glad to see people posting on this subjuct, as I have often wanted to do some cool stuff regarding eyeshadow... particularly black and blue to make my eyes pop!

Flibbers and Gibbers, it's a Claudefish!

My wing shop!!

Senior Member Euro Pod Vicky Mermaid's Avatar
    I use stage make-up by Kryolan. and a regular waterproof eyeliner by Mabeline. This works perfect for me. Ofcourse you have to do touch-ups every now and then, but not that much

Seems like waterproof makeup would be so difficult x_x
    I just have a super bad habit of rubbing my eyes when I'm out of the water
    I'd be so afraid that I'd just rub it all off in the middle of a photoshoot xD

I guess that's why I prefer facial scales xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I use Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara which is now waterproof. And works very well! Has anyone ever come across any make of blush that can withstand underwater use well?

Senior Member Pod of Cali leeloo's Avatar
    I tried out the Milani Infinite liquid liner because I had bought some a while ago but rarely used it. It worked amazingly well in the pool! I only swam for maybe an hour, but it did not run, smudge, or move at all. When I took a shower afterwords my face wash barely even took it off! I had to scrub it off with a face wipe. But I am a little bummed because I found out it contains palm oil, which is often not sourced very responsibly. One big issue is orangutang are losing their habitats and even killed from the vast clearing of land to grow palm. I am vegan so I also look for make-up with no animal ingredients or animal testing. Milani does not do animal testing and I'm pretty sure this liner is vegan except certain shades I think contain carmine (crushed insects). I was thinking about trying Urban Decay's 24/7 waterproof liquid liner, many of their shades are vegan.

Chesapeake Pod
    Target carries a wonderful, inexpensive brand called elf. I really like their products. They carrier waterproof makeup
    Her is their website... http://www.eyeslipsface.com/
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Does anyone know if there is any kind of waterproof base makeup like foundation?

A little late, but on the eyeliner front I definitely recommend Stila's Smudgestick waterproof liner. I have had such good results with it!

What I use is just a cheap waterproof liquid eyliner and mascara. And to keep the (cheap) powder on my eyelids I use a primer that I made myself. I use about half waterproof sun-protector and half light colored foundation. First I apply the primer on 1 eye and then, before it's set, I apply the powders. Then I do the other eye.