Thread: Cant post videos and photos without html

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Cant post videos and photos without html

SO ever since my computer did it's latest automatic update for windows I cant insert photos or video. The little pop up window just doesn't do anything. So I have to type the html coding instead. I tried different browsers, disabling addons etc. It will work maybe 1/10 times using the insert button. I never had a problem before. Anyone else experiencing this or find a solution?
    Last edited by AniaR; 09-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I've been having trouble posting photos and vids on occasion. Not sure why though >.<
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

I had my first time trouble loading pictures yesterday. The "Insert" button didn't seem to want to work, but I thought it was just me. With mine I was asking it to reference the files locally. Were you also trying to do that, or just link via html?

Well, we're due for a patch update, so perhaps that will fix things. Let me know if anyone continues to have issues with this.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

yeah that didn't make a difference for me. Maybe the patch will fix it

You know what's strange? MerNetwork isn't the only place I'm having trouble with this. I'm also having issues with LiveJournal the same as here, and another forum! I'm curious- what browser(s) are you guys using? I'm using Firefox.

yeah me too. but now mine works lol- I updated adobe and it's alllll good

I should do that then! I've been putting off updating adobe fore MONTHS now. Yaaay procrastination!

so it seemed this only worked for me for a day. Now it's back to not working. I even have a different computer right now (mine is in the shop) and it still wont post them unless I code it by hand

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Dumb question here:
    I wanted to upload a really short videoclip to show a tail, but I can only put in a link to a video that's uploaded somewhere already?
    Is this the only way it works?
    No upload from computer possible?

Because I don't have a youtube or such account.

type [video ] in front of the url without the space, and [/ video ] at the end of the video url without the space. That's the code to input a video.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    While that wasn't what I meant
    Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    No upload from computer possible?
    Because I don't have a youtube or such account.
    the problem is sorted anyway.
    Thanks!

Does anyone know if its possible to upload a video directly on here from an iPad? My video isn't posted anywhere like Facebook or YouTube. I tried uploading it as a picture...it compressed the video but then I got a message that it was invalid. Any ideas?

Cant post videos and photos without html

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to upload a video directly on here from an iPad? My video isn't posted anywhere like Facebook or YouTube. I tried uploading it as a picture...it compressed the video but then I got a message that it was invalid. Any ideas?
    No - you have to host your video someplace else. You can upload it to YouTube, but set it so it's unlisted. That way only people with the link can view the video. So if you posted here, it will show up, but it won't be available for people looking at your account or search. You can also use sites like photobucket.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

this thread is a year old about a bug that isn't here anymore if anyone wants to close it XD