Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Halloween's coming up soon...

Kanti that dragon costume is AMAZING, I love it!! The scales look wonderful.
    I still need to make a full costume for mine, but I want to make the wings multi-purpose so it's gotten delayed. I'm looking into a pair of feathery wings so I can make a Kaalia of the Vast (it's a Magic the Gathering card, and the general card for my favorite EDH deck, haha) costume sometime

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    I'm gonna be Poison ivy for Halloween. got my corset and gonna get my hair done. just gotta get a pair of tight black jeans or jeggins, and buy some leaves and glitter and lots of red and purple paint
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Like all of y'all I LOVE Halloween too. In fact, I got married on Halloween 4 years ago...such a great day for a wedding Also, it is a good excuse to be able to wear your wedding dress once a year and say its part of a costume LOL

@Kanti - As for the origin of Halloween, it started out with a Celtic-pagan agricultural holiday known as Samhain (pronounced Sow-when). Neopagans still observe this holiday today, and it's seen as a time of preparation for winter, the start of the dark half of the year (and for some is thought of as New Year's), an observation on death as part of the life cycle, etc. Actually, here is a link to a pretty good article that gives the gist about the beginnings as well as the influence of Christianity, etc.: http://inventors.about.com/od/sstart.../a/Samhain.htm

On the 27th I got my first gig as a merman in a Halloween event at my town center, and on the 31st I might do a gender-blend CC from the anime Code Geass.

@ Jade - Oh god I love the artwork on Magic cards! I'd love to see the costume when it's done :'D
    Sounds like a badass thing, but when I looked it up I saw bat-winged girls so it may be a different generation

@ Wavy - Haha thanks xD That's interesting to know. I used to go to catholic school and they told us it was
    supposed to be a festival that celebrated demons coming back to earth or something like that o_o
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Last year I was super sick for Halloween so it was a lot of fun for me xD I rarely get sick and of all nights I get sick on Halloween, come onnn...

Normally I just pass out candy. My friends are all over the US for college so I'm pretty lonely here. So no parties. I'll probably stick to passing out candy in my new mermaid tail That way I don't have to spend another dime to impress kids.

I'm an October baby myself, and while my birthday is not on Halloween itself I always celebrate that night. I'm working on making a Mary Poppins outfit this year

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North
    Add Sephina on Facebook
    Follow Sephina on Tumblr
    I was hoping to be out and around in my Marie costume, but since the circumference of the skirt is 13 feet I'm likely not going to be out and about in it. It will be a huge hassle on the buses and being in stores. So my next pick will be my Amon (Legend of Korra) costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    Ayla of Duluth, I love your idea as well! I have a Changeling: The Lost character who is based on the legends of flying reindeer. Also, that experience with walking by the haunted house seems a bit excessive, even for Halloween.
    There's no such thing as too excessive for halloween!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    @ Ayla - did you know who those people were or did strangers tie you up O_O
    cause either that's a funny story or a really scary one xD
    Here in Duluth, we're a tourist city so we like to give the people a real scare. We have a 750' retired ore boat that turns haunted at halloween, and its completely volunteer run. Actors are sent out into the crowd waiting to go through the haunted ship to entertain them while they wait. I worked on it last year and man, do we go all out. People faint, actors sometimes get punched xD its really fun for everyone. We go so all out that we have to have emergency exits for people who bail halfway through.

Our pride though is the Haunted Shack. Said to be a hundred times scarier than the ship, and that's the place I was walking by when it happened. I knew it was all in good fun, i've had actors follow me to my car and chase me down the street. The actors there can get really in your face there because to work there you have to sign a release form saying if you hurt someone, you're fully responsible and the Shack can't get sued or anything. At the haunted ship actors are required to not touch people going through, but at the shack they can do like what they did to me when they chained me up and pretended they were going to turn me into venison jerky. I wasn't scared. Yeah, we love halloween here.

I was thinking to be a mermaid that got slaughtered and I would sit in front of my aunts house or I might just sit in my mermaid tail and watch the kids come up to me and hope they ask me to come to their parties.

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    I'll be sure to post pictures. ;3 Just have to make a run to the fabric store.

@ MermaidAliyah, Go for the gore! and get some good body part props if your gunna haunt in your tail

Halloween is a month long experiance in our household so once oct hits its costume heaven. We have a victorian house with almost an acre of land in town so we set up a pretty big haunt and hand out candy.For once I wont be wearing much of a costume on Halloween. I'm going to a metal show and I will be trashing wedding dress thats almost a grand (it's a gwar show, any one who knows them will understand) I feel kinda odd not having a super big deal over the top costume, but at least I get to wear costumes to work so its not like i miss out completly. I do think its fun alot of you will be wearing your tails

I usually just create scars using latex and other makeup that I have. I'll post a pic later today

If I am not working if I have a job, I will probably dress up as Rapunzel and go skipping around town.

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    YAY!! Halloween is my fav! Last year I was a unicorn!Name:  Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 1.46.22 PM.png
Views: 338
Size:  284.5 KB
    This year I'm going to be a goat!

@LittleOrca that is amazing.

@FireMermaid Nice unicorn costume

Wow Orca you look so cute!!! Is that all your real hair o_O??

And aww Firemaid that costume is so cute!
    Can't wait to see your other one o.O
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

@ xuchilpaba have you seen they're working on a movie based on Maleficent?
    @MermaidAliyah a quick way to build up wounds is apply liquid latex add some mangled up cotton balls on top so they stick then cover then in liquid latex as well. it allows you to create wells and things to fill with bloody icky gore!!! (mwahahahahaha) budget FX can do some amazing things lol

@EnidDarkWater I'll try that next time, but this is what I got this time
    Name:  557538_446739675377959_1059740780_n.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  48.1 KB

*Giggle* No. It's a combination of a lot of materials and 6 wigs. I wish I had had seven, believe me.

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram