Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Halloween's coming up soon...

@merman Shawn. I'm very excited about it.Gwars releasing a photo today of their new memeber. my goal is to look awesome enough to be fed to the world maggot on halloween

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    Yay Halloween!!! I love Halloween, I am making my costume this year. Its my first time designing a whole costume and making it. I'm going to be a witch. Not a scary witch, more of an anime cute witch style. Then my boyfriend, a few of our friends and I are going to "horror in the hills". Its like a haunted house but we are in the country so its a hay ride over fields and stuff and actors try and scare people. I am also making my brothers costume, he wants to be a mine craft character. So we are going to find some boxes and either paint them or glue on construction paper for the pixel effect.

Halloween is my favorite time of year!!! And I will be working ONCE AGAIN... I ALWAYS work on my favorite holiday. People never treat Halloween like a real holiday. Sigh I need to something this year, but I don't know what!!!

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I just realized that buying a Slender Man suit and running around in the wooded area of my town MIGHT just be worth the money...

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Need some more ideas:

Two years ago I dressed up as an elegant Vampire:

Name:  101030_212512.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  99.6 KB

Yes, I was on a bus, going downtown with friends. This is the only picture I have of that night... I should have taken a full length shot as I was wearing this really nice dress.

And last year I went to a party as an authentic cowgirl:

Name:  IMG_0576.JPG
Views: 691
Size:  127.5 KB

Anyways, this year, I'm planning for Halloween to go out as myself... yes a mermaid cat... I'll take more pictures of this costume when it comes alive. (I'm hoping this weekend!!!) ooh soo excited!
    Last edited by spottedcatfish; 10-04-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Name:  AA910-1.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  52.8 KB
    I just bought this bra, for general awesomeness, but also potentially for halloween. Can anyone think of a costume I can incorporate it into (other than lady gaga?)

Kanti that dragon is INSANE!!!!

My friend pondered dressing as Slenderman and handing out notes :P

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

All of the costumes I have worn had a theme to them.... i didn't pay one cent for them!
    I found things around my house and closest that would constitute as a costume.
    4yrs ago i went as a naughty school girl
    3yrs ago i went as a sexy grease monkey
    2yrs ago I went as a cowgirl
    and last year I didn't dress up at all
    I think i will go as a pirate this year...

altho this would be AWESOME if i were pregnant
    Name:  Pregnant-Woman-Halloween-Costume-1.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  79.3 KB

I'm going to re-using the 7 costumes I put together this year SO I need a lot of parties to go to XD

I'm already plotting to wear my Italian Renaissance gown to my work on Halloween and my Medieval gown/cloak/mask to my friend's masquerade. I'm also going to haunted houses and corn mazes one night with a bunch of friends, but it really depends on the weather as to whether or not I wear one of my professional costumes or just a cute Halloween themed outfit (mud is not my friend when I'm wearing a costume that costs $700+). I'm also going to Aki-con (an anime convention) and they're doing a Halloween theme so I'll be wearing my cybergoth outfit there.

At least Halloween is cheap for me (since I make so many costumes during the year XD). It's nice having so many costumes, too, cause I can lend my work to my friends who otherwise wouldn't dress up ^^ I just like seeing my stuff being enjoyed/gettting used. It spends too much time in folded up and put away.
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Well Brianna, the wings I'm making only cost about $10 total if you make them from only one color
    If you make them out of 2 they'll probably cost around $12.

They're made from felt (which at Joanns is about $5 a yard, and you only really need one yard) and
    glue to stiffen them, also some wire which is about $4 or so.

@Jade - Damn you, you really make a lot of stuff! Those things are huge!!
    I love oversized wings so much x___x
    I remember being obsessed with them last year and I ended up making a dragon costume xD

Attachment 6122
    Is that picture from MegaCon in Orlando? =P

Anyway, I personally am going as a cat up a tree. Basically I'm going to dress up as a tree, and my dog is going to be a fireman. xD I've been wanting to do a jellyfish costume like Cleo's in H2O, except we haven't thought about it early enough yet. Maybe next year.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/343r8sm.jpg
    http://oi50.tinypic.com/2e2mgww.jpg
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/2vltimc.jpg
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/f2q3ch.jpg
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/1zfkj7c.jpg

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iblondie View Post
    I just realized that buying a Slender Man suit and running around in the wooded area of my town MIGHT just be worth the money...

Totally... I was going to ask a thin friend of mine if he would be able to wear stilts so I could build a Slender man costume that would be a bit more imposing. I think it would be fricken hilarious... until Slendy came for me cause I made a joke about him.

Quote Originally Posted by dini View Post
    Name:  AA910-1.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  52.8 KB
    I just bought this bra, for general awesomeness, but also potentially for halloween. Can anyone think of a costume I can incorporate it into (other than lady gaga?)

Kanti that dragon is INSANE!!!!

you could always go as an awesome black metal vampire chick. just do crazy awesome "corpse paint" and dress in all black, a lot of leather-looking stuff, spikes, etc.
    you can look up "black metal makeup" or "corpse paint" or something similar, whether on google or youtube (if you want tutorials).
    black metal is a genre of metal (captain obvious, arent i?) that i personally very much enjoy. im really picky about black metal bands though... if you want to listen, this band is good, and i love this song: *** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joEAb_y7ZYA

***WARNING: i would probably rate this video M. THERE ARE BOOBS, GUYS. AND BLOOD. not necessarily "gore", but some of the band members are spattered with red stuff that looks like blood. also, if you are extremely christian, you might just hate this. this band uses satanism as a sort of shock value (or they might actually be, i have no idea.) if you dont mind any of that, then go ahead and watch the video.

you might end up thinking im crazy for enjoying this, but i mostly listen to stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRN9N...eature=related
    no warning for this band, called Heidevolk. theyre just awesome pagan folk metal :3 they sing in dutch, in a traditional male sextet, and are VERY different from Dimmu Borgir. this is probably my personal favorite metal genre, and the singers' voices and harmonies make my heart happy <3

ANYWAYS BACK TO HALLOWEEN NOW.
    im going as a pirate :3

Perfect! Thanks Brianna

So I've never done a slutty costume before so this year I'm doing a super sexy latexy vampire costume.

Steamcon is going to be the weekend before Halloween though, so I'm working on improving my costume for that.

Name:  clip_image002.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  76.9 KB
    Hey all So i bought this corset and top at a ren fair and i am trying to make a costume out f it. All I could come up with was a wench of some sort. Any suggestions?
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSiren View Post
    I think it would be fricken hilarious... until Slendy came for me cause I made a joke about him.
    HAHA!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Felicia's Avatar
    I'm gunna be Teemo (game charater) this year! I've made my own costumes every year since I was like 8 or 9 and my papa picked costumes for me before that I still go trick-or-treating every year even though I'm 20 now, so I take my sisters as a cover story as to why I'm goin but really I just love it and will probably go by myself when they stop goin with me lolz. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, but I dress up all year round so for me it's more the freighting decor, the haunted houses and mazes, the great party's, and all around fun of TPing houses and scaring the living hell out of the young people around here (my sibling especially). However, Halloween is pretty much living hell for all my friends family and everyone around me because I love to scare people by any means nessecary and if I want to got to a haunted party, maze, or house I always force my friends to come too lolz.

God I really do love October!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

-- Dr. Seuss

Instagram @Mermaid_Felicia
    Find me on Facebook

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    My friend and hubby and I are thinking about going as the Four Swords Links this year. I hope we can find someone to do the fourth, but we'll see. We're going to choose our second item and carry that with us as well. I'll probably have the boomerang, she'll have the bombs, and probably Josh will have the shield. Kinda excited about it, and hoping other people get what we're supposed to be.

Awesome costume pictures everyone!
    I've never done anything for Halloween for the past few years, due to this or that, but this year I really want to do something. I'm still choosing a costume but thought I could maybe try to match something up with a pair of Harem pants I made last year. Might just go ahead and make a top too They look kind of cool and I have not had the chance to wear them much.
    Name:  Harem Pants Projectbcbcbcb.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  358.6 KB