Thread: ☆ Tail Care and Maintenance, The Official Thread ☆

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi I need help fixing the hip fins on my tail?? it looks like this
    Name:  zzzzzzzz.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  167.8 KB

and unfortunately while i was doing a gig a kid was a little too rough on one of the hip fins and it ripped about halfway up.. I have just gotten a kit of dragonskin silicone and was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to make sure I repair it correctly and smoothly.
    Thank you!!!

~Mermaid Echo

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieVex View Post
    unfortunately while i was doing a gig a kid was a little too rough on one of the hip fins and it ripped about halfway up..
    I hope that child apologized!! I'm furious to read that she damaged that amazing tail from Raven
    Did her parents apologize as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I hope that child apologized!! I'm furious to read that she damaged that amazing tail from Raven
    Did her parents apologize as well?
    no, I didn't notice it until I got home

and unfortunately while i was doing a gig a kid was a little too rough on one of the hip fins and it ripped about halfway up.. I have just gotten a kit of dragonskin silicone and was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to make sure I repair it correctly and smoothly.
    For your future gigs you could maybe include in your contract that it'd be customers duty to pay the repairs if something like this happens? I have on my "terms and conditions" a section which says that(includes all my accessories too). I also had to add there a section which says that I need someone from orderer's party to make sure that kids won't pull me from hair or the fluke, or rip my accessories off or anything... And this was because of my latest experience in a two hours swimming hall gig, it was quite a chaos(there was also this one little sweetheart who kept spitting mouthfulls of water straight to my face). When you add there some numbers (in worst case tail repair being over 1000usd etc.) customers really might give a thought for that.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    For your future gigs you could maybe include in your contract that it'd be customers duty to pay the repairs if something like this happens? I have on my "terms and conditions" a section which says that(includes all my accessories too). I also had to add there a section which says that I need someone from orderer's party to make sure that kids won't pull me from hair or the fluke, or rip my accessories off or anything... And this was because of my latest experience in a two hours swimming hall gig, it was quite a chaos(there was also this one little sweetheart who kept spitting mouthfulls of water straight to my face). When you add there some numbers (in worst case tail repair being over 1000usd etc.) customers really might give a thought for that.
    that's a great idea, thank you! I really should start on a contract, I don't have one yet :/

Hi I need help fixing the hip fins on my tail?? it looks like this
    Name:  zzzzzzzz.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  167.8 KB

Thank you!!!

~Mermaid Echo
    I just cried a little inside 'cause I madly love your tail :< this made me SO damn sad! Your tail was one of my sources of inspiration when designing my finfolk tail..
    As for repair I have had similar experiences too. My fluke ends (in my pink mertailor) were torn once off by enthusiastic kids and my fins have had their share too :/ i would highly recommend Smooth On's silpoxy! I always have a tube of silpoxy with me, it's the only thing that really works. It creates a very strong bond between parts and I've used it to repair and also resize my old tail, both seams. Tried just using dragon skin as adhensive but it had hard time bonding to parts resulting them falling off when under hard stress. Silpoxy stays and so far all my fins are still attached after multiple beatings and reattaching. Hit me with PM if you want to, I'm more than happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Riiarin View Post
    I just cried a little inside 'cause I madly love your tail :< this made me SO damn sad! Your tail was one of my sources of inspiration when designing my finfolk tail..
    As for repair I have had similar experiences too. My fluke ends (in my pink mertailor) were torn once off by enthusiastic kids and my fins have had their share too :/ i would highly recommend Smooth On's silpoxy! I always have a tube of silpoxy with me, it's the only thing that really works. It creates a very strong bond between parts and I've used it to repair and also resize my old tail, both seams. Tried just using dragon skin as adhensive but it had hard time bonding to parts resulting them falling off when under hard stress. Silpoxy stays and so far all my fins are still attached after multiple beatings and reattaching. Hit me with PM if you want to, I'm more than happy to help!
    Thank you so much!!!