Thread: Modelling for drawings

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Modelling for drawings

Well you've seen my Dr Sketchy stuff in that thread, I wanted to share with you the works of me by my friend Sheloize aka Eddy. He's drawn me multiple times over the past 5 years and his work is astonishing.

AHMAGAD! his work is just... wow! Cant even describe how good that is!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Those are amazing! He is certainly talented.

no way he drew that...that's too realistic! he probably greyscaled some pictures and then used his blendy brush.
    either that or he's the best artist i've ever seen...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    Wow, he is bordering on hyper- realism, very very nice. That's the only type of drawing I seem to be able to accomplish, which I'm not saying is bad, but it makes you feel stuck if you want to do something that isn't. For example, I painted on a VERY large canvas a character from the anime show Bleach (highly recommend it) a favorite one of my husbands for his birthday, it's great but it was actually difficult to work my mind around NOT putting in detail I thought should be there, because if I had, it wouldn't look like an anime character, it just wouldn't fit right. So, it can be frustrating. I really admire the works of what is called "low brow" art, its beautiful in such strange ways, but I can't seem to force my mind around it . BUT I have been able to get my mind around it in a 3d and 4D aspect, which is wonderful for SFX and sculpture.

He's done such a great job with these drawings, I wish I could know him and trade technique, it's always an honor to sit with another artist that has a similar style to my own and get to know how there mind works in comparison to my mine. The hair he does is spectacular, hair can be very challenging, but in the picture of you with the pearl necklace on, he's done it with amazing results, along with the freckles and highlights of the eyes. In the second one down, the eyes are like looking at a black and white photograph. He plays with lows, mids and highs in perfect harmony. Very well done.

wow, his work is really incredible. i LOVE the way he did your eyes in the second drawing.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania happyguava's Avatar
    Amazing!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah I have different looks and since they span the past 5 years I obviously look younger in some haha but if you click his name up there I linked his gallery you can see his stuff of other models

oh my gosh. i saw the rest of his artwork, and its just as wonderful! i wish i could draw that realistically!

also, it's awesome that he can switch between super realistic and manga/anime styles.

I actually thought they were photographs at first they look so real!

i know!! i have a friend who is able to draw like this, super realistic. she was doing it in like 7th or 8th grade too, shes extremely talented. it makes me so jealous xD

WOW. I can only hope to be able to draw that realistically someday. Gotta keep practicing!! Especially the hair and eyes... Wow.